Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Needs more guns.

More. Guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I just watched this last night and I agree that there is far more wrong than right in this shitheap. However, one thing that is really sticking in my craw how does Jason have like a 6 year old kid if this is only 4 years later??

Also, Sookie ends up with a lumberjack and Dexter became a lumberjack so Sookie ends up with Dexter. Hot mess crossover coming soon!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I think Jason's kid was just a case of bad casting rather than intentionally giving him a kid older than the timeskip. Kind of like when shows get people in their 20s or 30s to play teenagers.

Plus I'd imagine an actual 4 year old would be kind of hard to work with.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

DaisyDanger posted:

Also, Sookie ends up with a lumberjack and Dexter became a lumberjack so Sookie ends up with Dexter. Hot mess crossover coming soon!

I could barely handle listening to Dexter's internal monologue for an hour a week a few months of the year. I can't imagine having to do it every day.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Sir Kodiak posted:

I could barely handle listening to Dexter's internal monologue for an hour a week a few months of the year. I can't imagine having to do it every day.

"Sookie made breakfast. Breakfast is the first meal of the day. I smile because that's what other people do but it's just a mask for my dark passenger. :geno: "

(I tried to combine Dexter's angsty early season monologues with the late season monologues that were basically just narrating what you saw on the screen. :) )

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Kimmalah posted:

I think Jason's kid was just a case of bad casting rather than intentionally giving him a kid older than the timeskip. Kind of like when shows get people in their 20s or 30s to play teenagers.

Plus I'd imagine an actual 4 year old would be kind of hard to work with.

Oh yeah, I'm sure it was something like that, too. I guess the difference is that people in their 20s/30s can kind of look similar enough to pass (Ryan Kwanten is 37, for example :monocle:) and there's a huge difference between a 3-4 year old and a 6 year old. Small potatoes compared to the zillions of other issues from the rest of the finale, though.

I'm not sure I could even hate-watch The Sookie and Dexter Show.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

I agree the kid looked way too old, but to me that was the least of the bad things in that finale. :v:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Actually a True Blood Dexter crossover would be hilarious just because Sookie could hear all his monologues.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

I agree the kid looked way too old, but to me that was the least of the bad things in that finale. :v:

Maybe the tiny amount of fairy blood in him made his 4 year old child appear to be 6.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Actually a True Blood Dexter crossover would be hilarious just because Sookie could hear all his monologues.

Would she be able to see his head ghosts?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd watch at least a season of that trash.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

I'd watch at least a season of that trash.

You're posting in this thread so it seems safe to say that you'd watch every season and complain constantly on an internet forum about each one

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

DaisyDanger posted:

I just watched this last night and I agree that there is far more wrong than right in this shitheap. However, one thing that is really sticking in my craw how does Jason have like a 6 year old kid if this is only 4 years later??

Those kids weren't his kids with Bridget, the hick werepanther ladies came back and saddled Jason with a bunch of the kids that he had with them.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Did we ever see or hear from Hadley and her fairy son after she fled the Fairy Circus/Bar?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Did we ever see or hear from Hadley and her fairy son after she fled the Fairy Circus/Bar?

No.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Andrew_1985 posted:

"Who?" - The writers

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

bbf2 posted:

Those kids weren't his kids with Bridget, the hick werepanther ladies came back and saddled Jason with a bunch of the kids that he had with them.

I would actually expect this from True Blood.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

"Who?" - The writers

Hadley wasn't so much a character as a convenient plot device to use as needed.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Kimmalah posted:

Hadley wasn't so much a character as a convenient plot device to use as needed.

That goes for basically everyone in the show

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I love it when shows truly stop giving a poo poo. Thank god for fast forward buttons.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

PaulDirac posted:

I always wonder with bad tv like this if the creators are aware of how terrible their poo poo is. Or did they finish writing this episode thinking: "Geez, people are gonna love this finale".????

Usually, when these writers troll us, it's pretty obvious and I usually find it pretty funny (It's a bed...Can we make love in it?). I don't know what the gently caress to think about this finale. Maybe they decided to make the finale some sort of artistic nod to the reception of the final Sookie Stackhouse book, which severely pissed off fans.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Can you explain the final book and why the fans were so upset?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

GreenNight posted:

Sookie ends up with Sam, cue angry Eric shippers.

(I haven't touched the last book considering how boring the previous two or three before that were. It used to be a guilty pleasure series but Charlaine Harris clearly lost interest in her own creation at some point.)

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

GreenNight posted:

Sookie ended up with Sam. That's why everyone was so angry. Apparently I am just really good at picking out what's gonna happen in stories by mediocre writers since I already figured that was how the romance part of the series was gonna end by the first book and Harris didn't really do anything to make it look like any other outcome would happen. But It shocked and angered a large portion of her readership and she recieved death threats, I think. You know, the standard method of voicing displeasure when on the internet. At least since Harris is post menopausal, there weren't any rape threats.

Junkenstein posted:

I would have been happy with 'so bad it's good'. Hell, I would have been happy with 'so bad it's bad'. But this? This was just a boring mess. Even Eric and Pam's storyline was complete poo poo, saved only by the virtue of them actually being Eric and Pam.
You put it perfectly. I watched this show for the batshit insanity and a lot of it was for the 'so bad it's good' aspect. I actually really liked a lot of the poo poo people complained about in the various threads. I even liked Sam's brother. I really expected the writers to take the final season as an opportunity to be as stupid and ridiculous as possible, and the closest we got to my expectation was Sarah Newlin's freakout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Goodnight, True Blood.

• Locked thread