Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Javier Montalves

"We haven't yet worked out details.", Montalves explains to Virgil. "And Abrams is too smart to agree to anything until we do. Which is why it's important to decide how far we're willing to go to get him before we go in there to negotiate. The man's a negotiator; it's what he does. So we have to be prepared."

He then turns to the Malkavian. "Have you ever heard the Arab proverb about the camel in the tent? The camel's nose gets into the tent, and eventually the whole camel is there. We're no worse off with him as Prince of Hollywood than as anarch Baron, and better, because it ties him to the Camarilla; tightens his ties to us and helps guarantee his loyalty."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Valgor LaMont

Valgor watches in silence as Giovanni leaves perhaps not feeling himself adequately recompensed for the damages suffered. With LaCroix dead and Mr. Montalves' promise of boon, Valgor feels confident that Giovanni should feel some amount of relief but doubts he will. Then conversation on change of management comes to the fore.

"Before we offer anything too privileged, it would probably be best to gauge what these 'right circumstances' may be... At least that's the opinion of this witch." Valgor mentions glancing at the Nosferatu primogen.

"Speaking hypothetically, with Abrams keeping Hollywood independent and himself as 'Prince', our relationship with the Anarchs may be strengthened as pointed out, but what are the disadvantages from such an arrangement?"

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

"Prince LaCroix's interactions with Mr. Abrams were limited. His business interests tended more towards Downtown, so he did not have many opportunities to butt heads with the Baron. In fact, there was some recent cooperation between them, as Mr. Boone may be able to attest, with cleaning out the Archbishop's hive in the Hills," Van Doorn speaks up. He turns to Maximillian with a shade of a glare, bitter about the Toreador Primogen's implication that it was time for a leadership change. "Although some may prefer a different narrative that better suits their own political ends, LaCroix did not make enemies with everyone in the city."

The Acting Prince turns to meet eyes with the Tremere. "Mr. LaMont, I would suppose that, in theory, there would be no disadvantage to the Camarilla in bringing Hollywood back into the fold. It would marginalize the remaining Anarchs, possibly even paving the way for Baron Voerman to do the same. If Hollywood grows, I suppose we might see some pressure on feeding grounds, as Kindred would certainly be mobile between Domains so near to one another, but such concerns are far in the future, I think, and would pale in comparison to the benefit we would gain from having another Camarilla stronghold nearby.

"Of course, the key unknown factor is the price that Mr. Abrams would demand from us for abandoning his Anarch sensibilities and turning his back on his longtime allies. I don't believe that he and Nines are particularly close, but they are ideological brothers. He may demand a steep price for his loyalty, and all we can do is speculate as to what that may be. That is, of course, unless one of us can find out from him exactly what it is he wants."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anton Sykes

Sykes slams an open hand onto the table in a quick motion, then holds the position, his face neutral as the sound reverberates through the theater for a few seconds. When he finally speaks, his voice is low and calm, with the hint of a growl as he methodically over pronounces every word and deliberately punctuates each sentence.

"Last I checked, Hollywood had a Los Angeles area code." He makes eye contact with each Kindred at the table before continuing in the same deliberate tone. "Isaac becomes Prince, suddenly you get an influx of Cam hopefuls, trying to get a piece of that silver screen American Pie. He has his own court, with his own little Primogen council, with all his own little counterparts to every one of you. Some of your people probably hop on that studio tour. Before too long Chicago is wondering why there are two domains in Los Angeles County, and maybe Abrams is, too. He's a climber, just like his sire, and she was about as trustworthy as an Assamite."

Again a pause.

"He needs to incorporate, or Voermann and her... sister, " a smirk, "start thinking they can carve out their own little Princessdom, and it all falls apart and it looks like we're losing control."

He leans back, both hands now on the edge of the table in front of him, frowning slightly as he stares off into the space above the rafters blankly, "maybe I should have a chat with her..."

He trails off and looks out over the empty orchestra section, kicking his leg again.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Horace Bryant

Having ignored Bruno Giovanni as best as he could Horace speaks up at the mention of Isaac Abrams. "I agree with Mr.Sykes. Giving Anarchs their own fiefdom if they join the Camarilla will set a bad precedence. If he is truly interested in rejoining the Camarilla he should honor the traditions and return control of his stolen domains to the Prince." He nods towards Van Doorn.

"The same applies to every other Anarch that sees the error of their ways. They acquired control without consent of the Prince. Every and all unlawfully gained domain should be turned over and redistributed appropriately among the Clans."

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

A long silence descended over the table as the Malkavian and Brujah primogen make known their objections to the possibility of establishing Hollywood as a separate Domain under Camarilla auspices and with Isaac Abrams as its Prince. At last, Van Doorn raises his eyebrows.

"If our attempt to entice Mr. Abrams back to the fold consists of nothing more than a demand that he turn over his entire Domain to m--..." he catches himself with a pause, then gives a toothy smile around the table. "Forgive me. To us... then I do not think I will be surprising anyone if I suggest that Mr. Abrams will laugh us straight out of Tinseltown. Mr. Montalves, perhaps you can revisit Mr. Abrams and gain a better understanding of his position. That is, whether he is truly interested in returning to the Camarilla, and, if so, if he has any proposals about what it would take to bring him back, especially if him maintaining his domain is off the table."

With that, Van Doorn rose from his chair and clapped his hands together. "Now, if there is no other business...?" he inquired, his eyes flicking rapidly around the table.

Weekends are bad for me, so if anybody has any additional Council posting to be done, please feel free. I'll move things along on Monday.

EDIT: For realsies this time.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Van Doorn's face crunches into a smile as he picks up his briefcase from the floor next to his chair. "In that case, gentlemen, I bid you a good evening."

Nodding to the elders around the table, the Acting Prince strides away from the table and up the sloped floor of the theater. He pauses for a moment as he surveys Ricci's pottery garden, then, with a subtle shake of his head, he continues out the doors to the lobby, leaving the Nocturne in silence.

I should be regularly back up on IRC now. If anyone has any interactions they would like to pursue with any of the NPC factions, please do so today or tomorrow. I'm planning to move along to the orders phase by Wednesday morning.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Orders phase! Please submit your turn 02 orders for your clans. Ideally by this time tomorrow.

If anyone has any last-minute negotiating they want to do with NPC factions (anarchs, Giovanni, Cathayans, etc), I will be up on IRC today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

FiddlersThree posted:

Orders phase! Please submit your turn 02 orders for your clans. Ideally by this time tomorrow.

If anyone has any last-minute negotiating they want to do with NPC factions (anarchs, Giovanni, Cathayans, etc), I will be up on IRC today.

So, I've only actually received two sets of orders so far. While I do appreciate your continued interest and patience as I tried to sort out the issues with this game, I think it's time to call it. I'd hoped it would be robust enough to survive more than one actual turn, but I think I was a little overly ambitious in my design goals.

I've got some ideas for how to maybe make it run a little quicker and more smoothly, so I might revisit the idea at some point in the future, and, if I do, you're all more than welcome to join.

I'll leave the OOC thread open for a bit in case anybody has any constructive feedback about what wasn't working, what was hard to understand, suggestions for future iterations of the game, etc.

Thanks again!

• Locked thread