Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Neither are anywhere near the realm of healthy, like at all, so I don't even know why you're arguing about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I ate at Subway tonight and they were putting a gas fireplace and some low tables into a little nook. I don't really think that's Subway's atmosphere but whatever, let's sit in a fiery nook and eat bad sandwiches.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

vyst posted:

Neither are anywhere near the realm of healthy, like at all, so I don't even know why you're arguing about it.

Because Subway has a habit of marketing itself as healthy, and due to all the various choices you can make when your sandwich is being made, it's very easy to make an unhealthy abomination. It pisses me off because I find it fundamentally dishonest, and a way to prey on people who don't know much about nutrition.

No one expects a McDonald's burger to be healthy.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
You can get a giant fuckoff 1 foot roast beef/turkey for lunch and its about 560cal. Just avoid the sauces they add like 150 cal each I get mustard. Bread, cheese, mustard, and all the veggies.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

PT6A posted:

Because Subway has a habit of marketing itself as healthy, and due to all the various choices you can make when your sandwich is being made, it's very easy to make an unhealthy abomination. It pisses me off because I find it fundamentally dishonest, and a way to prey on people who don't know much about nutrition.

No one expects a McDonald's burger to be healthy.

Uh, when I buy a sandwich that has three different vegetables on it and a fruit packed inside a few servings of grain, I expect it to be healthy and you're retarded if you see a problem with that. That is the entire food pyramid in each bite, including a small helping of sugar you really need (otherwise it wouldn't be on the pyramid).

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
I've never been angry about subway. Well once they were dicks about a coupon, but apart from that. I want a sandwich I order it, I eat it. I know there are way better sandwiches but I feel like I know exactly what they have to offer. Whether or not you put subway in your mouth is something you can control.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Subway melts are awesome. Load that poo poo up with spinach/onions/peppers/every other vegetable and you got yourself a meal with a shitton of protein and all the micronutrients you could want.

Also, if you have a friend that works there it's the easiest thing in the world for them to give you free sandwiches.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
Order from the secret menu.

And whatever you order, append it with, "and tessellate the cheese, please."

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are subways very different internationally? The one I worked at for a bit fired a guy for not washing his hands once.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

photomikey posted:

Order from the secret menu.

And whatever you order, append it with, "and tessellate the cheese, please."

Order it like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnyVE1go2vs

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Anatharon posted:

Are subways very different internationally? The one I worked at for a bit fired a guy for not washing his hands once.

Fast food in general varies immensely by where in the world you are, based mostly on what the local food laws are. There can also be significant menu variation due to local preferences and expectations.

KFC in Asian countries can be a loving trip as a result. Subway is actually one of the more internationally consistent chains, although on average I find the bread in the EU to be a bit better.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Anatharon posted:

Different countries and different municipals means different laws and different rules. The rules are very strict where I live and controls are infrequent but by god are you hosed as a restaurant owner if someone has a legitimate reason to complain to the city.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I like the distinct flavor of rich nut butter on my sandwich.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

KFC in Asian countries can be a loving trip as a result.

How so? I know in Japan they serve wine on Christmas, but what else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Anatharon posted:

I couldn't say unless you give specific examples, but I would be willing to bet that Australian subways are very similar to American ones, apart from the holiday themed specials.

• Locked thread