Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
You want bonds? I'll give you bonds.

Svetlanka is from a rival school! I must surpass her. The Order believes that their emulation of Torthanc gives them the wisdom to control the higher realms. That walking the world's paths is a rite of passage and not a way of life. I will reveal the flaws in their philosophy for everyone to see.

My master warned me about The Timekeeper. He said that she is an ill omen, that she only appears to watch a once-great thing fall. I cannot say how much of this is true and how much is a matter of perspective, but anyone who raised Master Lao's ire the way the Timekeeper did can't be all bad.

Tazaret fights with skill and grace, and I respect her. It is always an honor to meet another who practices the gunman's art, let alone one who understands the celestial mysteries.

I will study at Pyotr's feet and learn his secrets. I understand death. I accept death. Pyotr knows death, and I must know it too if I ever wish to be more than a mere apostate.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
TBH, I hate some of my default bonds, so I'm rewriting them to be more interesting.
  • I trust Nameless implicitly; they are good and faithful.
  • Sagacious Leung is constantly stirring up danger, I will save them from themselves.
  • I will bring 'light' (:v:) to a secret about Arcturus.
  • Pyotr Marin knows that the end justifies the means, and they are a valuable asset to my goals.

• So uh...Hashtags, do you want to define the secret, or do you want me to?
    Potential Secret Idea:
    You are from a different kingdom in a different area of the same world I came from and you 'died and awoke on Scolus' the same way I did (when the world was overrun by undead and demon armies and cleansed by magical light). Torthanc has told me this is true, but I have few other details.

"So I am being Leader, I should make-set rules for ground, Da?" :buddy:

1. KNEEL BEFORE TORTHANC!
2. KNEEL BEFORE TORTHANC!
3. KNEEL BEFORE TORTHANC!

KNEEL BEFORE TORTHANC!

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 11, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Nameless's Bonds
------------

Arcturus helped make me who I am today.

I care deeply about Karash.

My creator says A voice tells me I must aid Svetlanka DuBrovna.

Avadin Arteka has some kind of control over me.

Edit: Given the whole amnesia/lost thing I have going on, it didn't make sense to me to have "my creator" be so explicit.

:hfive: To Error 404 for having the same general idea as I did about our bond.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 11, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Error 404 posted:

[*]So uh...Hashtags, do you want to define the secret, or do you want me to?

My idea had to do with his Source; maybe he stole the lantern from your order, but doesn't remember it due to ~convenient amnesia~ after being killed by the demons.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
The Stormcrow finds me unnatural. Which, all things considered, is pretty hilarious. Or it would be if he weren't capable of ripping me limb from limb.

Svetlanka DuBrovna lacks the vision necessary to see the world as I do. Submission to the gods is all well and good, but there's more to life than service.

Avadin Arteka and I share a common past. I could have sworn I saw her in the crowd before we left the Capital. But that's impossible...

Every rank amateur thinks he can dual-wield, usually before he shoots himself in the foot. Sagacious Leung seems to be the exception.

Double Plus Undead fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 11, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

My idea had to do with his Source; maybe he stole the lantern from your order, but doesn't remember it due to ~convenient amnesia~ after being killed by the demons.

That's cool! what about
Your Lantern is actually a very dangerous self-aware magical artifact that was kept under lock by the Order. How it works: It is a living Source, the intelligence within (You) possesses the body and mind of the person holding it, over-writing their mind with yours (kind of like How Dr. Fate's helmet works in DC comics). ~CONVENIENT AMNESIA HERE The real 'you' IS the Lantern, and your 'body' is just some poor rear end in a top hat who happened to pick you up and/or steal the lantern from the Order, maybe your body used to be a low-level Deacon in the Order, who hadn't earned their gauntlet yet, and grabbed the Lantern in a misguided attempt to help against the undead? Maybe they were just a thief looking for a way out? ~CONVENIENT AMNESIA HERE.

Edit: Maybe Monty is what's left of the will of your body's original owner?

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 11, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Yeah that owns, I like it. Definitely want to go with the thief angle.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I let Leung pilot my suit once. Never again. Somehow she discharged the entire napalm payload onto a bakery.
That freakin' Golem keeps dinging up my paint job. Clumsy thing.
Stormcrow helped me put my suit back together, after that avalanche.
Avadin Arteka is my personal assistant- in the sense that she's always reminding me what damned time it is.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 12, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Avadin's Bonds:

I know all about Tazaret's past.
Pyotr will play an important roll in future events. This is not a prophecy, just an observation; it's plain to see that, for good or ill, the man has interesting events in his future.
I have trouble understanding Arcturus. What an unusual individual.

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
OH GOD IT'S LIVE.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

GAMETHREAD'S ALIIIIIIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFnmT82yGpk

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
It'shappening.gif

In Soviet Scolus, Undead turn you!

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 14, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

FYI, FewtureMD is likely to be scarce for the next while. I have it on good authority that he is traveling/seeing loved ones.

Edit: If I'm wrong, it'll be the best kind of wrong.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 21, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Error 404 posted:

"In this place, Lee-yung, precaution while meeting the unknown is wisest."

You know what I just realized? Unless you're Dragon Quest levels of charming, writing out a character's accent grates on my nerves. Which is annoying, because I want to bug Svetlanka but I also want to roll my eyes out of their sockets when I see Lee-yung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'll tone it down.

• Locked thread