Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saranya
Aug 10, 2011

My mom let the cats outside a lot, I'm so sorry.

Collectively my cats have killed:

A Baltimore Oriole.
Two bats, in midair on the balcony.
All the mice in the house.
A few roaches.
Scores of chipmunks.
Five baby bunnies, their heads carefully detached and strewn about.
About a million voles.
Several large dobsonflies, both male and female, delivered to my pillow.
My Canary. :(

My dogs have only ever killed groundhogs, and honestly I didn't feel bad because they were loving up the garden.
One of the dogs escaped and came back with a live, and very terrified fox in her mouth. Thankfully she didn't hurt it, but it took awhile to convince her to let the poor thing go.

Saranya fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catamar
May 23, 2008
Holly just caught a mouse!!! I let her crunch it a little bit and took it away and now she's like "One sec, I'll go find another one." What a good girl. :3:

Gansett stole 3 italian sausages off of tables and counters this week.

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Lucifer the bantam Cochin rooster has killed a possum and a cat when they got in the barn. He's also killed an uncountable number of rats and mice but he usually eats them so I only get to count the gopher rat corpses I find near him.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Suzy found a possum for me, but I didn't let her get it and instead took it to the vet because it was blind. Some kind of infection was forcing it's eyes closed, but it was otherwise unhurt and they tell me it should recover.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Bailey:

Countless insects
A fledling robin
A baby rabbit

Got away:
Other baby rabbits
Cats who stared at him as he melted down and then tried to claw him.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Spetznaz (male orange tabby, approx 3 years old, former semi-feral neighborhood cat):

1 common rat, left dead on the back porch doormat in otherwise good condition not long after he moved in with me

1 small mouse, common I guess, he beheaded it

1 bird, type unclear but probably small; just found feathers and blood in the garage after he'd been out for the night

I still let him out sometimes then, before coyotes got spotted nearby. That and I started seeing rabbits in the backyard and knew he'd be murdering them too... who knows how many things he killed and didn't bring home to show off.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away
My dad's cat could be the patron saint of this thread. I'll get pictures of her when I can. Bear in mind as you read this that I tried desperately to get him to make her an indoor cat, and he refused.

See, he named this cat Booger because we're a somewhat southern sort and, well. She's a loving booger of a cat, or was when she was younger. She adopted him one winter night he was at work, at a truck stop on the edge of town. We found out later she was the shop cat of a little curio place next door to the truck stop that shut down, and she was left behind to fend for herself for who knows how long. She came up next to the window near his register, and started meowing. Upon telling her if she was still there when he got off shift, he'd take her home and feed her, she promptly sat there and stared at him, waiting patiently despite the weather. For four hours.

Keep in mind this is not a large cat. My chihuahua, Paco, weighs, at most, 6-7 pounds. She weighs less than he does and is slightly shorter than him. The prevailing theory is she was a runt that got called such and went all 'call me a runt, will you' and turned in to a spree killer. These are just what we've found.

1x hummingbird, relatively clean.
1x owl, small to midsize, relatively clean.
1x ground squirrel, identified by head being intact. Think 'blendtec mascot cat'.
20-30 pigeons in varying states of mutilation.
10-15 sparrows in varying states of mutilation.
1x lizard, small-midsize, severed head.
6+ mice, she always plays with these things. Sick bastard.
1x raven or large blackbird. This one bears special mention because of the sheer cleanliness of the kill and size. It was at least as big as she is, bodily, and there was zero evidence upon cursory glance of any major lacerations. A simple, clean neck break, the body left splayed out in front of the front door, otherwise untouched. Serious serial killer bullshit or something.

And then there's my mom's big-rear end, goofy, generally wouldn't hurt a fly weimaraner mix, Bootsie. She's a fence-hopper par excellence, and slipped her collar one day. After shooting an apologetic look to us, she vaulted the front yard fence and went running. Fifteen minutes of trying to get the gangly-legged dork back in the yard later, she froze up upon sight of a flock of pigeons in a field. She sprinted full speed at this flock, vaulted up, and snatched one of the motherfuckers out of the air mid-flight, after which she calmly trotted back home, set the thing in front of our front yard gate, and plopped her rear end down next to it, waiting to be let back in.

Angry Guacamole fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 20, 2014

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy

Tim Jong-un posted:

Lucifer the bantam Cochin rooster has killed a possum and a cat when they got in the barn. He's also killed an uncountable number of rats and mice but he usually eats them so I only get to count the gopher rat corpses I find near him.

I didn't even realize chickens could eat rodents. I thought bugs were the only critters they ate.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
A while back my parents were talking about how their dog Moose was being a bad dog for giving the baby chickens too much attention and he tried to eat one before my mother stopped him. A few days later I thought she told me that he had killed a chicken. I was wrong. I had misheard and she had actually said he killed eight (8) chickens.

My dog Babushka killed many small creatures in SW Portland when we lived there. Every few days I would find a new mouse or squirrel or mole or whatever dead and "fermenting" for her to go roll in later. She also had a thirst for chicken blood...

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

please add one attempted human to my cats list, they collectively tripped my mother as she went down the stairs in a CLEAR CLEAR Attempt to end her life (and not a mad mad dash to be the first to the wet food bowl at dinner time.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

AtomikKrab posted:

please add one attempted human to my cats list, they collectively tripped my mother as she went down the stairs in a CLEAR CLEAR Attempt to end her life (and not a mad mad dash to be the first to the wet food bowl at dinner time.)

Duly noted. I think we're slowly getting to the point where I should update the counter. Let's say Sunday. Yeah, next Sunday sounds reasonable.

Ponyfields
Nov 2, 2011
Our black manx cat once left a decapitated mouse exactly where I put my feet first thing in the morning as I get out of bed. RIP, you horrible little bastard.

My Shikoku has a kill count of zero but did catch a hedgehog the other day and attempt the scale a 3 foot high wall after a cat. While on the end of a bungee lead. It was one of those moments where you could see what was going to happen, but couldn't do anything to prevent it. She landed on her head. I swear she's like Wolverine or something, the gash on her nose from 2 days ago has already healed.

Ponyfields fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 28, 2014

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Libluini posted:

What's the largest animal your own predatory pet has brought in?

Whats the rules on this?

Because I had a spaniel growing up that could have qualified as a war criminal with her kill count. But she has been dead for 15 years.

And when I lived with my Aunt and Uncle, they had a dog who's favorite past time was trying to murder anything that moved. Seriously. Went after a full grown buck once. I love that dog.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Genocide Tendency posted:

Whats the rules on this?

Because I had a spaniel growing up that could have qualified as a war criminal with her kill count. But she has been dead for 15 years.

And when I lived with my Aunt and Uncle, they had a dog who's favorite past time was trying to murder anything that moved. Seriously. Went after a full grown buck once. I love that dog.

Well, I already counted an animal which was killed by his own prey, so go ahead I guess. But they have to be your pets. Or at least must have been in your care at some point.

It counts as an attempt, yes.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Libluini fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 30, 2014

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Hugo (cat) caught a 5 month old Persian kitten and herded him to our front door and wouldn't let him leave. He made the chirpy "I caught a thing come and look!" meow so that counts, right?

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
My little yappy rat dog has managed to kill 2 rabbits that I know of (possibly more considering he dug down into the rabbit warren and came back with just one, he may have exterminated an entire family), three chipmunks, one of those really common little brown birds, and countless insects.

And has attempted to go after so much more. Including attempting to take out the neighbor's poo poo-poo, and a Rottweilier while I was distracted. The rottweiler's owner thought it was hilarious. I did not.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The Yorkie my family got when I was 13(she's now a spritely 15) only has one kill but it's a doozy - she murdered and largely defeathered a raven that was significantly bigger than her.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 30, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

As an Aussie cat owner this thread is giving me so much white man guilt. drat genocidal little shits. :arghfist:

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 8, 2014

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Brisbane has hunted gophers with me on the rare occasion the homicidal ones decide to tear up my tiny yard. If I can find a hole that hasn't been backfilled, I put the hose down it and flush the little bastard out. None of the buck-toothed bastards has survived a countable number of seconds after surfacing.

He also killed a baby rabbit once while we were hiking. I was standing there on the trail pondering what that strange squealing noise was when the bunny leaped out of the chaparrel and directly into Brisbane's mouth. We stood there in stunned silence for a moment until I told him to spit it out.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.
Volts (cat, longhair) will patiently stalk from room to room, catch, and eat any flies that get in. One time, though, he caught a fly an inch long and brought it downstairs to me at my computer desk, where he made sure to sit on the exact middle of my keyboard and drop the fly right in front of me. Well done, cat.

Penelope (cat, Siamese) only cares about killing string and feathers. If there's a bird outside, she'll watch it, but if it gets too close, she runs away to another window and peeps around the corner.

Jaguar (cat, shorthair) only hunts human fingers and toes. He doesn't care about the rest of the human, only those delicious fingers and toes.

Q-Ball (dog, American gascon bluetick coonhound) was found abandoned on the side of a highway in Virginia and bought up to New York in a shelter-exchange program. Please note the "coonhound" part of the breed:

quote:

Treeing dogs were developed, chosen for a keen sense of smell, the ability to track, chase and corner any manner of animal

quote:

Bluetick Coonhounds are bred to be hunting dogs ... they should be monitored around cats or other small animals

quote:

If allowed, they will tree almost any animal smaller than them

I would like to prove that I have the most retarded coonhound on the face of the planet, which is probably why he was left on the side of a highway in Virginia:
  • A squirrel invaded the yard? Run away from it!
  • A squirrel going up the tree? Cower under the deck!
  • The 11 lb Siamese regularly smacks him around. See her coming? Run away from her!
  • Neighbor's cat walking across the neighbor's yard? Howl at the back door until human lets him in!
But wait, there's more! One day I hear a sort of strange yappy howling and go outside to see what the hell the retarded dog is running away from now. There's a nearly-decapitated brown bird of some sort on the porch on top of a very spattered blood pool under it and a very happy waggy-tail Q-Ball sitting right behind it!

And perched on the corner of the deck railing is the neighbor's cat, looking extremely unamused and licking its blood-stained fur clean.

Nice try, dog.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Oh boy, I'd have to write a book to get through all the animals my pets have murdered. About ten years ago, while we were out, three of our dogs and some street dogs murdered like 90% of my parents birds. I'm talking about easily 100+ in chickens, ducks, geese, peacocks, guineas etc.

To keep it to the ones I can quantify:

My cats have killed about 6 mice, that I know of.
One of my dogs killed our first cat.

Our little guy Goido loves killing iguanas. I'm talking big rear end iguanas that show up mutilated all over the place. I'd say he's probably done in 30+ over the years.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Our cats refuse to even kill cockroaches. They are the most useless animals.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Shadow has killed a few chipmunks. I think three? He's tried to murder many things, mostly squirrels. He'll start to chase rabbits, but realize it's a rabbit, and give up. The one time he caught a squirrel it whipped around and bit him on the nose hard enough to make him let go. He still has a scar.

My mom's cat once brought a baby bunny in through the dog door. It was still alive, just a small wound on its leg, so I took it from her and kept it in the bathroom overnight to make sure it was okay, then released it in the morning. I'm sure that cat was probably pretty unhappy that I ruined her dinner.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Not mine, but my parent's dog once killed a fawn. I can't say for sure that he killed it, as there weren't any marks on it, but I would assume so. Same dog also killed I believe at least one squirrel, a baby duck, a small turtle, and several baby rabbits. However the one time he actually caught a cat he let it go and just stared at it dumbly after it hissed and clawed at him, and the same thing happened when he cornered a baby raccoon. Wasn't big on killing anything that might fight back.

He also ignored a possibly-rabid bat that was crawling around the lawn one day for some reason.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Aug 30, 2014

• Locked thread