Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I think if you're uncomfortable watching this sort of thing, it's fine, don't watch it, but spare us the morality police angle.

Will do. I don't know if I could've more clearly stated that it was my own opinion/preference and I'm fine with whatever label that associates me with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

flashy_mcflash posted:

Will do. I don't know if I could've more clearly stated that it was my own opinion/preference and I'm fine with whatever label that associates me with.

Naw, it's cool, wheves man. I was just trying to avoid another three page derail like when a bunch of black guys turned heel earlier this year.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think what bothered me about it most is that TNA felt it right to centre a whole commercial around it and actually give away everything but the 'money shot' of the second Dixie goes through the table. To me it came off as unbelievably desperate, like "GUYS! GUYS!! THIS LADY IS DEFINITELY GOING TO GET POWERBOMBED THROUGH A TABLE! SERIOUSLY GUYS!" It's almost like they've fetishized it.

Yes it's the blowoff to the angle they've been building to for months, but I'd argue that this shouldn't have been an angle in the first place. To say nothing of the fact that as a business decision, it's boneheaded considering that Spike doesn't want this kind of thing on their network.

The blowoff to the Dixie angle was Lockdown 2014 when she was removed as head of wrestling operations. It was basically the perfect end to the whole stupid overlong angle and should have ended there.

She was back three weeks later with barely any explanation aside from "I own the company, security's not gonna throw me out."

This new table thing seems to be a pretty hosed up way to end this whole thing. You have Bully trying to throw Dixie through a table, which seems like a throwback to his WWE days of powerbombing women through tables and it's obnoxious for a bunch of reasons.

1. Dixie isn't a loving wrestler. The other women he did that to were either wrestlers at the time or had previously been wrestlers, trained to take bumps.
2. Bully is supposed to be a face. That stuff was designed to build a monster heel tag team.
3. Dixie Carter is no Mae Young.
4. She'll be back in three weeks because she feels like it the fans demanded it.
5. THE loving NETWORK YOU ARE ON DOES NOT WANT MAN ON WOMAN VIOLENCE FOR FUCKS SAKE. If you really have to have the table powerbomb, they should have had ODB or somebody like that who would have some sort of beef with Dixie be the person who performs it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The only reason I give bubba a bit of a pass is he knows what he's doing and can put her down really safely. Doesn't excuse doing it since SpikeTV says not to do it, but if anyone's going to do it, Bubba's not a bad choice.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hope she challenges Bubba to a scaffold match

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My whole thing is that Dixie Carter is a piece of poo poo who constantly fucks over people who break themselves for her benefit so she can go through a table once or twice.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
The last TNA match should definitely be a Reverse Dixie-On-A-Pole match. As in, whoever loses the match has to keep Dixie and take them home.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lotus Brony posted:

The last TNA match should definitely be a Reverse Dixie-On-A-Pole match. As in, whoever loses the match has to keep Dixie and take them home.

Dude. You gotta Russo that up some more. Its quite simple:
-two dudes wrestle
-every pinfall, the winner gets to chase dixie for 2 minutes
-if they catch dixie they can hang her on the pole
-this process repeats until Dixie is hung from the pole
-each subsquent pinfall adds more wood and gasoline underneath the pole
-the winner is the first person to successfully set the wood on fire.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lotus Brony posted:

The winner gets to take home Russo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

coconono posted:

-two dudes wrestle
- Sticking someone's head in the cotton candy machine for a full rotation is an automatic win

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a really lefty kind of guy but I don't mind mixed matches. Wrestling is by definition a barbaric sport. If the female performer is well trained and can match the guy, why not? I wouldn't have a problem with someone like Natty going against a guy as long as its a straight match. As terrible as Chyna was, I liked her matches as a kid.
The problem for me starts when you send out someone like Dixie, who's not trained to take a table. That's just stupid and she did get hurt, right?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lodin posted:

The problem for me starts when you send out someone like Dixie, who's not trained to take a table. That's just stupid and she did get hurt, right?

She might have gotten hurt, but there were also reports that she was faking, I believe.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So are Dixie and Vince Russo like secretly dating or something becuase then this whole thing where she sacrifices a company to him verges on making sense.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

So are Dixie and Vince Russo like secretly dating or something becuase then this whole thing verges on making sense.
Vince Russo is her son, just like every other TNA employee.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Endorph posted:

Vince Russo is her son, just like every other TNA employee.

And they're also dating.

Oedipus was the first real swerve if you think about it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Zack_Gochuck posted:

a bunch of black guys turned heel earlier this year.

Fortunately, this bad idea gave us the unforgettable scene of Kurt Angle being menaced in an alley by a black man with a steel pipe.

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

-two dudes wrestle

Ah, catch-as-catch-can Joan of Arc match.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!

projecthalaxy posted:

So are Dixie and Vince Russo like secretly dating or something becuase then this whole thing where she sacrifices a company to him verges on making sense.

That's my pet theory as well, it only makes sense that Dixie would be so protective of him if she was giving him private "Dixie on a pole" matches on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Zack_Gochuck posted:

Ha ha ha. gently caress Dixie Carter, who cares?

This but unironically

• Locked thread