Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
This thread is for posting where those of us with limited funds can pick up cheap, downloadable PC games from Steam, GOG.com, GreenManGaming, etc.
:siren:If you find a special deal or free game giveaway please post it here. Let me know what the deal is and how long its good for and I'll include it at the bottom of this OP.:siren: I'll keep the OP updated, but I need help from all of y'all to let me know of any deals you find.

If you have experience with any of the sites below or would like to add to the description then post and I'll add your comments to the OP.

Sites for cheap games:
  • IsThereAnyDeal.com – This is where I found most of the sites below. You can link your Steam wishlist here and get email updates whenever one of your games goes on sale at any of the sites below.

• Steam – You know what this is.

• Amazon - Amazon.

• www.gamestop.com/pcgames - Gamestop.

• DLGamer.us - Same sort of selection as Steam.

• Gamefly - Gamefly. Same sort of selection as Steam.

• Origin.com - Tries to compete with Steam. Offers a game "on the house" and free weekends.

• GOG.com – Same sort of selection as Steam, but with older classic titles and indie games.

• greenmangaming.com – Similar to GOG.

• gamersgate.com – Similar to GOG.

• getgamesgo.com – Similar to GOG.

• Gameolith - Similar to GOG.

• desura.com – Similar to GOG, with an emphasis on mods and game development.

• Nuuvem - Similar to GOG, but in portugese.

• humblebundle.com – Offer weekly "pay what you want" indie games bundles. You control how much of your money goes to the developer, the website, and a charity they're promoting. If you pay more than the average you generally unlock a bunch more games.

• indiegala.com – Similar to Humble Bundle.

• groupees.com – Similar to Humble Bundle.

• bundlebandits.com – Similar to Humble Bundle, but with games you've never heard of.

• DotEmu.com - Classic games from the 90's to early 00's.

• Uplay - Small selection, but offers some games for free, apparently. I haven't tried it.

• IndieGameStand.com - Indie games with a "pay what you want" deal every four days.

• Gamesrocket.com - Similar to GOG, but with a small selection.

• BundleStars.com – Similar to Humble Bundle, but without "pay what you want". Still cheap.

Current Deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

reserved

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2408877

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Fair enough, but that thread is for console games as well, which I'm not interested in. I'll also keep the OP updated and organized so that you don't have to sort through pages of comments. If no one thinks that's worthwhile I'll close the thread, but this is the sort of thread I would prefer.

• Locked thread