Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Wachter posted:

The universe's most terrifying AI and it never once thought to install AVG?

It had MacAfee from those eight times it had to update Adobe Player, and that's good enough, ri--[NO CARRIER]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The heroes arrive in the future to find Ultron-n a senile, malware-crippled satire of dynastic intransigence patiently tended to by his technologically superior drone-descendants. "Terribly sorry for the whole time-altering thing, humans--Father's had another stack overflow :rolleyes:"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
My personal favorite part is that Ultron comes off as just kind of an annoyed jackass in his final scene in the comic. We spend all this time discussing how this evil machine destroyed everything and everyone is talking about how much smarter, more powerful, more insane he is then when they finally get one up on him he's just going "No, dammit, leave me alone you jerks, dammit I hate you so much dad gently caress you" before he gets destroyed

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OldTennisCourt posted:

My personal favorite part is that Ultron comes off as just kind of an annoyed jackass in his final scene in the comic. We spend all this time discussing how this evil machine destroyed everything and everyone is talking about how much smarter, more powerful, more insane he is then when they finally get one up on him he's just going "No, dammit, leave me alone you jerks, dammit I hate you so much dad gently caress you" before he gets destroyed
Movie Ultron kind of suffers from this as well. But he's at least written to be a quirky hosed up negaTony.

It's hard to write a credible sentient replicating machine intelligence, since the logical endgame ultimately ends up being "And then he got on the internet and ruined the world".

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

FilthyImp posted:

Movie Ultron kind of suffers from this as well. But he's at least written to be a quirky hosed up negaTony.

It's hard to write a credible sentient replicating machine intelligence, since the logical endgame ultimately ends up being "And then he got on the internet and ruined the world".

I feel like it's the failure of the book to just never shows Ultron. It's all well and good to show the aftermath and talk about how bad it is, but we at least need to see him at some point. We need to spend at least an issue with him, seeing how he controls the world, how he did it etc. Instead the book is way more interested in going "Golly, this sure is bad huh folks? How about we kill a bunch of people off who immediately come back anyway? Sound like fun?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wanderer posted:

It had MacAfee from those eight times it had to update Adobe Player, and that's good enough, ri--[NO CARRIER]

Ultron is defeated when Hank Pym sends him this email.

quote:

ert+
y76p; '0lu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg

Ultron over.
Virus = Very Yes

• Locked thread