Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

What is this game?:

100% Orange Juice is a game localized by Fruitbat Factory (99 Spirits, War of the Human Tanks) and developed by Orange Juice (Acceleration of Suguri, Flying Red Barrel, Sora, etc.) released on the PC platform. The game's name derives from the fact that it is a party game involving the character cast of Orange Juice's games compiled into a singular, board game experience.

The game is extremely well-supported by its localization team, to the point of where new content is constantly added to the game, including extra characters, features, balances to the game, and events on a frequent basis!

A board game?

Well, a board game with dice-roll-based fighting involved. The game works as follows: four players begin at starting points on the board, each marked by their own flag colour. Players then roll the die and move spaces on the board, collecting stars, accumulating playing cards to play against their opponents, or battling opponents on the board in dice-roll-decided "fights". Accumulating stars, or "wins" allows you to fulfill goals known as "normas", which occur whenever you pass your own starting point, or land on someone else's. The player to first achieve six of their normas is declared the winner.

Characters have their own modifiers and stats which increase or decrease the value of their dice rolls in combat. Combat is engaged by passing another player and selecting to fight with them. The two players then roll die to see who can defeat the other player, stripping the loser of stars while granting the other player wins. Wins can also be accumulated by stepping on red panels, allowing you to "fight" weak enemies.

Sounds difficult and complicated, right? Funnily enough, everything I just said can be learned after a singular game of 100% Orange Juice without a tutorial!

Is the entry barrier to the game high?:

To answer your question, players who have played for their very first times online have won games versus players with multiple hours on their record. So no, jump right in! If you still feel as if you wish to learn the game first, then go right ahead and jump right into the campaign.

But I've never played an Orange Juice game! Will that affect my experience?

No. In fact, if you do decide to play the single-player campaign to unlock more content, you will find that the story has nothing to do with the games that any of these characters come from. Rather, personality quirks come out in the minimal (and skippable) dialogue between scene-to-scene, but that's the only tie-ins you're going to get!

Where can I get this game? How much does it cost?:

Right here! The game itself costs a total of $6.99 USD, while a four-pack of the game costs $14.99 USD. The game is best experienced with a set of friends, and a four-pack game for $15? That's $3.75 a copy! What a steal!

But I don't have any friends...:

Aww, that sucks. Thankfully, you can join the extremely active official group, and find a group of people there to play the game with.

Happy anime-based dice-rolling slaughter spree, everyone!

Slur fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbpd
Jun 14, 2009

everyone wants to be a frog
remove poppo

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
They updated, for the whole weekend you can play as any character, including locked ones.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

WeeabooJudas posted:

They updated, for the whole weekend you can play as any character, including locked ones.

I tried out Store Manager today when I was playing the game. I find him to be an interesting concept gone wrong, as any player who decides to play as him will stack the deck with bad cards like Saki's Cookie and make the game rather dull for anyone else.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Joined the rather anemic Steam group today, because the game is on sale on one of the Week-Long Deals. If you have any interest in Anime Board Games or Screwing Your Friends Over, now's the time to get in!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Currently hosting a few games myself right now. If you want in, you can join the group chat and spend an hour or two hanging out and having fun.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/282800/

The game is currently on sale for on Steam for 58% off

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

dhamster posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282800/

The game is currently on sale for on Steam for 58% off
That's $2.93 for one or $6.29/4 ($1.58/ea), for those too lazy to click.

It's also currently available for $1 through a Groupees bundle for the next 3 days if you select any other single game besides Lili, Isomer or Fall Weiss, or $1.50 if you select one of those, plus you get some other stuff for free.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Protagonist Privilege for life.

Also, having to do anything single player to unlock content for multiplayer is bullshit. Is there any way to skip any of that?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I got this game in the Groupees bundle, seemed like it would be neat playing with others.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
They recently added character DLC, which is not something I see often in localized Japanese indie games.

Good to see it's still being supported this much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

WeeabooJudas posted:

They recently added character DLC, which is not something I see often in localized Japanese indie games.

Good to see it's still being supported this much.

I spoke with PhleBuster on Steam, and apparently the developers were given free reign to do wha they wanted with the game so long as it helped the game sell.

Apparently the art of Nanako and Syura were done in-house by OJ on request. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

• Locked thread