Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I searched and couldn't find any previous discussion on this. Windows Media Player is what I've used for years now, good enough, but lovely in a bunch of ways and it can't play FLAC or most other things without seperate codecs. VLC is alright, but you have to open each folder you drag onto it to get it all to expand, and then it includes all the album art and that, it's really not designed for music playing.

What would be ideal is software that organises everything nicely and plays wav/mp3/flac. A nifty feature I'd love, but have not seen, is being able to stream to android, or whatever device, and immediately pick up from where you were listening on the computer. Main thing though, it has to not look like poo poo, not autorun any thing at all on startup, and not be overly bloated. Visualizations are a plus, but obviously completely unnecessary.

Does anyone know of any decent software to mass edit the tags of entire folders too? I have a bunch of Leningrad music but it uses different Russian letters for all the different artists, so I have a bunch of squares show up on my phone and about 5 different artists with broken text to select every time I want to play Leningrad. I know I could make playlists, but I'd rather just sort with artists and clean up my music.

Android music playing apps all seem really lovely, which is not what I'd expect considering how basic music playing is and how long the Android platform has been out and popular to develop on for. Google Play music doesn't seem to want to shut up about it's streaming services, doesn't obey .nomedia files, and is an unpleasant experience overall. Apollo is also terrible, super, super buggy, unintuitive, and always stealing focus of the play/pause headphone button away from other apps, such as podcast apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

You should check out Foobar. Still yet to find anything better.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440826

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Cart posted:

You should check out Foobar. Still yet to find anything better.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440826

Oh wow, this is pretty great actually, exactly what I was looking for. Apparently search is still a bit buggy.

Uniscott
Sep 19, 2013
MusicBee does pretty much what your asking for.
http://getmusicbee.com/
Foobar is also a good option.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Foobar2000 owns and it's what I've been using for a few years. I use it as my main music player, converter, ripper, tag editor, etc. I use iTunes for syncing music to my iPod/iPhone and occasionally listening to stuff in my music library/iTunes Radio, but overall I find Foobar more full-featured and usable. Plus you can customize it to have it look exactly the way you want it to with the modules you use most in a music player, which I really dig.

• Locked thread