Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
E, if I wanted C I'd just reread "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
F

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
E, I want to get eaten by mindworms.

C would be pretty fun too, I guess. I wonder if we'll be put to death for inventing the double down.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
C

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

D sounds hilarious.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
E sounds awesome with unknown mysteries to investigate and get eaten by!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
A

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If C wins, what's the best avenue to do our poo poo without getting ourselves killed? Dub ourselves as an alchemist?

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

JT Jag posted:

If C wins, what's the best avenue to do our poo poo without getting ourselves killed? Dub ourselves as an alchemist?

Possibly. It really depends on location and era.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Present ourselves as a travelling wise man. Become the advisory to the King. Marry his third and power wise useless daughter. Kill the entire line except wifey with ricin. Rule and conquer as techotyrant in our unborn son's stead until he comes of age.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
E.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Do we get transported back with at least some basic text/reference books or do we have to do all this by memory? Because if it's the latter I think the average person would realize that without reference books and the internet they're suddenly kinda dumb as hell.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We could go the macguffin route and get transported back via technofuckery, and assume we have an experimental space-time bending implant that allows us two way mental access to the modern day somethingawful.com forums.

"Ask/Tell: Tell me about being trapped in the past and ruining running a medieval society."

Outrail fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 1, 2015

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I'd read any of those, but the ones I like most are DCEA in that order.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Outrail posted:

We could go the macguffin route and get transported back via technofuckery, and assume we have an experimental space-time bending implant that allows us two way mental access to the modern day somethingawful.com forums.

"Ask/Tell: Tell me about being trapped in the past and ruining running a medieval society."
No, I've got it. "Huh, even though being transported into the past, my smartphone still works. Somehow. Uh, better find a way to charge it if I wanna keep using it." (googles "how to make a smartphone battery")

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ah! the last modern magic CYOA I followed fizzled out quickly.:smugwizard:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

JT Jag posted:

No, I've got it. "Huh, even though being transported into the past, my smartphone still works. Somehow. Uh, better find a way to charge it if I wanna keep using it." (googles "how to make a smartphone battery")

https://youtu.be/xKOBnIXNzfI

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
CFD

But honestly it doesn't matter, anything you run is going to be awesome.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
C

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

I also like c but, gimmie D

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
C!

I just finished reading Bernard Cornwell's latest Saxon Tales novel, which is set during the battle to transform the separate Saxon kingdoms into one land called England, while keeping the ferocious Danes at bay. It made me wonder what it would be like to visit that time ... especially with language, as Old English would be nigh incomprehensible to our ears. We'd have to communicate through Latin root words with priests ... If we were fortunate enough to land on the Saxon side of the Thames. If we landed in prehistoric Australia I think we'd be proper hosed.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
LLSix! I read most of this thread while ongoing, but fell off at the end - just finished it up now. Great great job, thanks for running the game!

I vote D.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
D sounds awesome. C is cool too but, honestly, to do justice to such a big idea seems like it would be way too much work. People will really want to see history turned on its head, and goons can be so picky, I don't want LLSix to have to undertake a degree in history just to satisy the goon desire for minutiae

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think the idea was for it to be sorta-medieval-equivalent fantasy world, not literally 500's shitserf post-Roman Britain?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Mm, yeah, I may have skimmed that option too quickly, your reading is probably right.

Still though, D sounds, like, real cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A 21st Century Goon in Fantasy Setting complete with orcs and magic could be fun.
"You see the dragon emerge from its cave."
"Deploy mustard gas!"

• Locked thread