Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Does anyone else ever reach the point where there's like 16 games you want to play right now and you're in the mood for any of them but can't pick? And then you go find some online randomizer to tell you what you should play next?

Or am I just crazy.

Though to be fair the randomizer did give me a pretty good roadmap of what my next few game priorities should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Usually when I have "too many games to play" anxieties I instead play no games and sit around on the internet all day. This is why I've been posting in Imp Zone a ton the past few days.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Heavy Lobster posted:

Usually when I have "too many games to play" anxieties I instead play no games and sit around on the internet all day. This is why I've been posting in Imp Zone a ton the past few days.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
http://www.moonshotsoftware.org/SteamR/index.php

it also lets you put in your friends so it can pick games you have in common

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Heavy Lobster posted:

Actually that was the state I was in before using the randomizer. Maybe if you try it out it can free you.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Heavy Lobster posted:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I am the same, but it feels bad to say so.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I was really into Xcom for a bit but then I got to the point where my dudes steamroll everyone and my only choice to freshen the game was to install Long War and ehhnnn the game is so much effort now

there are a lot of games on my steam list i should play but i can't pick one, the randomizer suggested dead space and i'm kind of tempted to go back through it

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

suggestion: have you defeated FTL yet?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
You can quit playing a game if it sucks and it is not your fault. Play bad games until you find a good one. If you gotta random a game then do that.

Just play.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
play the game where you lie on your back and try to pee in your mouth im good at that game

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

CharlestonJew posted:

play the game where you lie on your back and try to pee in your mouth im good at that game

argh this game is not good

Nalk
Jul 13, 2009

I heard about you!

Heavy Lobster posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only piece of poo poo with this predicament.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Silver Alicorn posted:

http://www.moonshotsoftware.org/SteamR/index.php

it also lets you put in your friends so it can pick games you have in common
No machine is gonna tell me how to have fun. I'd rather be bored instead.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Heavy Lobster posted:

this was me until i reinstalled spelunky and now i'm playing that a lot.

this is me a lot of the time though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I just play dota

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Heavy Lobster posted:

same except instead of too many games to play anxieties its overwhelming ennui with literally everything

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

500 unfinished titles on backloggery. i weep.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Heavy Lobster posted:

This feel.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Heavy Lobster posted:

I've never seen someone quoted so much in one thread. You win the internet. DSL modems for all.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
There needs to be a service where someone takes all of your backlog away from you and assigns you like one per week to play. I'd probably finish a lot more games that way. :smith:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nope, I'm a confident adult male capable of making simple decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i random 16 words that all say dota 2

and i play it

• Locked thread