Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

2013 Original Thread

Cheating for Charity is a Fantasy Football League. Each team represents a charity that the member is playing for. At the end of the season the charity of the winning team gets all of the winnings from the season. No league fees or other expenses are taken from the pot. A key part of the game is to encourage additional donations by "cheating." The cheating rule is simple; the team gets a point added to their total for every $1 that is donated towards their charity before the Thursday Night Football game. Teams are limited to no more than ten bonus points relative to their opponent. So if team A received $20 and donation and team B received $5 in donations, team A would receive 15 bonus points and team B would receive 5.

Last year we raised $1036 that was split between two hospitals for children. The winners were festooned with awesome prizes, and this year I've already had several promises for repeat sponsorship. Once I verify their participation I'll start listing them here.

The Rules
None of these are set in stone, if a majority of players wants to tweak something feel free to suggest it.

Roster: QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLX/DST/PK
Bench: 7 Players

Scoring is standard ESPN with minor tweaks and 0.5 PPR. See scoring in League rules.

Schedule
Head-to-head games from weeks 1 to 14. Championship rounds in week 15 and 16. 4 top teams based on W/L will face off in playoffs for ultimate victory in The Charity Bowl.

Money
Entrance fee is $25.

To encourage additional donations there will be a cheating mechanism. Each dollar donated before kickoff on the Thursday Night Football game of each week will give a one point bonus to that team. Teams are permitted a maximum of ten points more than their opponent, so if Team A receives $15 in donations and Team B receives $3 in donations then Team A will get 13 points and Team B will get 3. If someone wants to donate for multiple weeks please state so in the donation block. In the playoffs the maximum difference between teams will be 20 points. Money donated before the draft will be used to determine draft order, unless specified otherwise by the donor. One week before the start of the draft the players will choose their draft spots in order of money donated.

You are more than welcome to split up your donations across multiple weeks, just tell me how you want the money allocated. You must allocate said money before kickoff of the Thursday night game.

Although YouCaring does not charge fees, their financial provider (WePay) does. Fees are as follows:

Credit card payments: 2.9% + 30¢
Bank account (ACH) payments: 1% +30¢

At the end of the event I will have WePay send me a paper check. I will then cash that check and donate the resulting funds to the winner.

The Teams

Space Robot Fabrication Squad - Beer4TheBeerGod - FIRST Robotics Competition Team 3650
The FIRST Robotics competition is a chance for high school students to learn science and engineering with the aid of teachers and mentors. Student teams work together to construct complex robots designed to compete in a sports-like competition. The robots are fairly large and expensive to construct. FIRST is what really got me into engineering, and I've been working with a local team. If I win the money will go directly towards making an awesome robot and helping the students participate in the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread