Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If you want to win Sataere, you're gonna pay for it. All in baby.

EDIT: Was there a stat correction? Looks like even if I spend everything I can't actually win.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I was just about to ask the same thing. I don't know if there's been a stat correction, but I looked out of curiosity and could only find you getting within 0.4 points of him.

e: Assuming I make it, I'd much rather play your team next week than his. I don't like my chances at all with his match-ups.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 16, 2014

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Looks like I have a 1.1 point edge, even if you use all the cheating available. I can save my meager earnings for the finals. :D

Good match, Beer.

If kind of sucks that we didn't all have more points on our bench to cheat with.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I've just realized that the final match has a good chance of coming down to how well PFM performs on MNF.

I get on a flight from Tokyo back to the US at 9:30 Eastern Monday night - 1 hour after kickoff. I am going to have no clue of the results until Tuesday morning. Usually the first thing I do is e-mail family when I land. I guess not this time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The league champions have both indicated a desire to split the pot. 1/3 to the loser, 2/3 to the winner. I fully endorse this and am totally cool with it.

I'm also going to be calling out all the Redditors who used my BeerSheets and see if I can't get them to donate some of their winnings to the cause.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Aredna posted:

I've just realized that the final match has a good chance of coming down to how well PFM performs on MNF.

I get on a flight from Tokyo back to the US at 9:30 Eastern Monday night - 1 hour after kickoff. I am going to have no clue of the results until Tuesday morning. Usually the first thing I do is e-mail family when I land. I guess not this time.

gently caress family! This is fantasy football!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
That'll do Gates, that'll do.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo. That bench.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Yeah, him and Bort both have killer benches this week.

From my bit of Excel tomfoolery, it looks like I can win if Hill scores under 15.8 or if PFM puts up within 5 points of Hill.

Based on recent history it really can go to either one of us still. I was hoping to be feeling a lot better about this going into the last game.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Somebody do math so I don't have to.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Holy poo poo this is going to cost me a lot of money. Good match, Arenda.

I'll be depositing some more money tomorrow to cover the difference in funds.

Thank God for my waiver pickups of Asiata, Royal and Chandler.

That was seriously a nail biter at the end.

Asiata for Roddy --> 23.2 - 8.5 = 14.7 = $15 * 2 = $30
Royal for Gordon --> 20.4 - 6.5 = 13.9 = $14 * 2 = $28
Chandler for Walker --> 11.7 - 7.4 = 4.3 = $5 * 2 = $10

So $68 gives me 32.9 points for a total of 146.1

If you sub out Colston for Watkins and then move Lamar Miller to your Flex, you can add an addition 12.5 points, but it only puts you at 145.7.

That game literally came down to that last Manning interceptions + Hill 10 yard run. Good game, Arenda. That was a nail biter.

EDIT:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Somebody do math so I don't have to.

Like we haven't been doing it all game. :v:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Everything appears to be correct that you posted. Because I would hate to to rescend any congratulations I'm going to feverishly refresh the next few days praying for a stat correction.

I figure most are in by mid day Thursday so I'll post something on Christmas admitting defeat for good :)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I just deposited $40, to bring my current bank account to $68. Please put it towards the cheating I prescribed in my previous post.

And ESPN, please don't adjust.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Stat corrections are in!

I can get to 146.2!!!!

But you are now at 148.2....

Great matchup and congrats on the win! This was quite a fun season everyone.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
From drafting in a car going down the freeway to losing my win and in matchup for the playoffs on a last minute cheat... this league was fun as hell. Congrats goons this will probably surpass my 10+ year long keeper league as my "main" league next year.

I was really hoping I could have pulled off victory with the paltry $40 I threw in the pot. Maybe next year :getin:

Merry Christmas, cheaters.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Guys, sorry I've been so quiet recently. I kept trying to putthebest team out there week in and week out (not that results bore me out...). Looking forward to being a little more competitive next year! Merry Christmas and good luck to the final two.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Great season everyone. Now I just need the drat charity recipients to respond to my emails.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Not sure I've seen anything, but I could have missed it traveling.

Can you send me a new email at the gmail place to joehorton?

Thanks

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

It is the holiday's, so my guy is on break right now. Congrats.

Aredna posted:

Stat corrections are in!

I can get to 146.2!!!!

But you are now at 148.2....

Great matchup and congrats on the win! This was quite a fun season everyone.

You bastard, this scared the hell out of me for a second!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Aredna, congrats on the win, that is awesome.

Everyone else, I had a blast this year. Looking forward to next!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

DrPossum posted:

Aredna, congrats on the win, that is awesome.

Everyone else, I had a blast this year. Looking forward to next!

Arenda didn't win. :colbert:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I love this league.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Talk about a nice round number to end on.

Thanks for running it as well as hitting up BeerSheets users for additional donations.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
With the year over I thought I'd put out a few ideas for next year.

We raised $2400 this year and I bet we could approach $5000 next year under the right circumstances. Some ideas would be:

- Reach out to FF related sites for donations to the total pool. Keep a donation list with links to sites that donated. (Top 5/10? Anyone over $50/$100?)
- Promote donations to support specific teams/charities. We can do this some now, but we should encourage everyone to share on FB, etc. explaining what it is and asking for support for their, or any other, charity. This will raise awareness for all causes involved.
- Consider possibility and ramifications of making donations tax deductible. I know my charity this year would not have qualified and I'm sure others wouldn't as well.
- Encourage more cheating by putting some % of prize pool to top points scored for the year, including playoffs/consolation bracket to encourage full year cheating.

In terms of how things played out this year:
- Award $10 FAAB for each $1 donated, but cheating now costs $1 FAAB for each 0.1 points. This would keep donation levels the same, but eliminate the rounding up issue
- Consider awarding lower $FAAB per $1 based on increases to external donations.
- Consider making payouts always 1st/2nd split in some manner. If we've done it for 2 years, might as well make it forever.
- Consider additional positions (IDP, 2nd Flex, +1 bench, etc.) to increase cheating opportunities
- Other ways to cheat? Can I pay 2x to counter my opponent? Can they then increase to paying 3x to re-counter me?

On a side note - you brought in a lot of money with BeerSheets this year. Not to ask you to do more with that, but possibly linking to the charity site as part of the posts on the sheets could increase donations throughout the year. On that note, I'm going to be thinking about how I can also promote the charity site further.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 8, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think we should also add back the "pay for up to 10 points" thing like we had year one. The swapping of players is all well and good but I can't help but feel that's less "cheating for charity" and more "being a lovely coach for charity" because had you chosen properly in the first place you wouldn't have had to spend any money. Bring back actual cheating! (edit: to clarify, keep both, not "go back" exactly)

I don't know how you'd really implement it, but something like that cutthroat kitchen show on food network would be cool too. People could pay to impose some sort of handicap on their opponent in a bidding fashion. "How much would you pay to change your opponent's FLEX to a second TE slot?"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm open to anything to bring in more funds.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm moving up the (fake) ranks at FantasyPros so next season once I have more time under my belt there, I can float the idea of a donation from the site to the winner. The only problem is while our league is really neat and fun, it offers almost no real exposure for donating, so sites may be hesitant to donate to it.

More likely I could probably get them to pony up a 2016 My Playbook subscription to the 2015 winner.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I definitely see the current lack of exposure as a roadblock for that. I was thinking about how we could get it beefed up a bit in terms of public knowledge. If we could get a few blog articles or something and got it picked up it may be able to take off. I was mostly tossing those out there as an idea to help take this to the next level as I was thinking about how cool it would be if it grew each year and we started getting some huge money up for the charities - like $10k or more one day.

It would be nice if we had a reward for ourselves as well, but I get more excited by boosting the charity pool.

I love the suggestion of handicapping your opponent for a week. One idea I just had was:

It's vacation time!
- You can send an opponent's player(s) on vacation for the week!
- These players must be benched (or dropped) and cannot be swapped in for points
- The first player you send on vacation costs $10, the second $15, third $20, and so on
- You may only send one player per position (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DEF) on vacation
- If all of an opponents bench players for that position are on bye for the week, you may not sit that starter (e.g. 1 backup QB, and QB has a bye)
- If the opponent has NO bench players for a position, the bye week rule does not apply (e.g. only 1 Kicker rostered)
- Your opponent can pay to counter this by paying $10 for the first player the counter, $15 for the second, etc.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 8, 2015

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

Azhais posted:

I think we should also add back the "pay for up to 10 points" thing like we had year one. The swapping of players is all well and good but I can't help but feel that's less "cheating for charity" and more "being a lovely coach for charity" because had you chosen properly in the first place you wouldn't have had to spend any money. Bring back actual cheating! (edit: to clarify, keep both, not "go back" exactly)

I don't know how you'd really implement it, but something like that cutthroat kitchen show on food network would be cool too. People could pay to impose some sort of handicap on their opponent in a bidding fashion. "How much would you pay to change your opponent's FLEX to a second TE slot?"

I really like the idea of being able to straight up buy points. I know there were weeks that I didn't have the bench to win, but would have ponied up more money (especially as I began my injury fueled downward spiral of despair around mid season).

I also think cheating to swap scores with another team's player would be great. (IE I have AJ Green on one of his 1 catch games, and my opponent has OBJ, I can pay the difference x1.5 or x2 to force my opponent to take AJ's score, while I take OBJ.)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm pretty much open to anything. I think making this an IDP league will definitely increase the pool just by adding additional slots to cheat on every week.

Azhais posted:

I am all for adding the 10 points back, just because it adds more money to the pot. Basically, if it adds more money to the pot, I support it, no matter how crazy the rules get. :v:

I disagree that it means you are a lovely coach, since how guys perform is generally pretty flukey. Most of us start guys according to who is projected to do the best. This isn't an exact science. Besides which, just having that option has a major affect on how you assemble a team. It changes your strategy in comparison to constructing a team when compared to a regular league, but that doesn't make it any less skillful.

I had the thought on paying to negatively impact your opponents last offseason, but I couldn't think of a way to implement it. I'd love to see if we can figure out a way to implement it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

IDP cheating would definitely add a massive bench wild card factor, especially for DBs

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Checks are out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Awesome! Thanks again for doing this!

• Locked thread