Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

fronz posted:

I never beat the last level cuz the rear end in a top hat kept saying he wanted more flowers despite the fact that my entire loving park was flowers

Aw poo poo i was thinking of lego island in which the solution was always more dynamite bricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Lego Island fuckin ruled too, but it was so bizarre how first you're delivering pizza and then Lego hitler shows up. I never beat that part either

Soral
May 30, 2009

hey i just beat coconut queen. it was pretty good.

Soral
May 30, 2009

there isnt a single inch of this natural wonder unspoilt by the creeping hand of capitalism. an army of hulking giant manslaves working all hours for no pay so i can fleece fat disgusting vacationers of their last dollar

Soral
May 30, 2009

just kidding this game is just plopping down houses and watching the money counter increase

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Soral posted:

there isnt a single inch of this natural wonder unspoilt by the creeping hand of capitalism. an army of hulking giant manslaves working all hours for no pay so i can fleece fat disgusting vacationers of their last dollar

i was at a greek island once that was basically this. it used to be a sea turtle refuge because it had a high concentration of turtle nests and people weren't allowed there, but mainland greeks who wanted to open lovely bars and hotels for fat european tourists lobbied to get the land and the locals who wanted to preserve their way of life didn't have the influence to stop them. tour busses started driving directly onto the beach. not only were all the turtle nests lost but the sand was so packed down by the traffic it effectively became concrete and the bright lights at night screwed up the hatchlings so they couldn't find the ocean and now it's just lovely and bad gift shops selling greek flags and playing "buffalo soldier" endlessly because bob marley is apparently a big deal in mediterranean tourist traps. since sea turtles always return to their home beaches the mama turtles still go to the beach but it's impossible for them to make nests so they just release the eggs into the ocean and sea creatures eat them.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Soral posted:

just kidding this game is just plopping down houses and watching the money counter increase

Seems like it was supposed to be a FTP Facebook game or something

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, it's really casual and simple. I picked it up "ironically" when it was first released but wound up liking its sense of humor and charm, so I occasionally fire it up to unwind.

and sometimes I gift it to people who don't know what the gently caress

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i was at a greek island once that was basically this. it used to be a sea turtle refuge because it had a high concentration of turtle nests and people weren't allowed there, but mainland greeks who wanted to open lovely bars and hotels for fat european tourists lobbied to get the land and the locals who wanted to preserve their way of life didn't have the influence to stop them. tour busses started driving directly onto the beach. not only were all the turtle nests lost but the sand was so packed down by the traffic it effectively became concrete and the bright lights at night screwed up the hatchlings so they couldn't find the ocean and now it's just lovely and bad gift shops selling greek flags and playing "buffalo soldier" endlessly because bob marley is apparently a big deal in mediterranean tourist traps. since sea turtles always return to their home beaches the mama turtles still go to the beach but it's impossible for them to make nests so they just release the eggs into the ocean and sea creatures eat them.

That's depressing.

Poor turtles. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just had turtle stew for lunch that I got at a greek restaurant. It was so thick I poured it over egg noodles like a pot roast.

• Locked thread