Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Hellas: Worlds of Sun and Stone (2nd edition) is a space opera-ish rpg, but with ancient Greeks. OK, not literally ancient Greeks in space, but close enough. It is a game of really cool concepts, where FTL travel is handled by entering the alternate dimension known as the Panthalassa, which has a breathable atmosphere and wind (which means your spaceship has sails), but going too "deep" risks running into dangerous storms or strange creatures (but it does get you to your destination really fast); where battles are fought with the typical sci-fi lasers and plasma weapons, but also with spears and swords; where despite all of the advanced technology in the setting, you still have people running around delivering messages on foot or people traveling several systems away just to catch a play, simply because everyone views technology as a tool that should not be overly relied on.

Pictured: a very angry Myrmidon, who is literally made out of ants.

But most importantly, you play as Heroes. Not necessarily good guys, but rather you all have the blood of one of the Twelve Gods/Goddesses in you. This is a game where you are literally rewarded for being awesome enough to suplex a Hydra, doing amazing feats that ordinary men have no hope of accomplishing, or taking insane risks to show off your skill. In fact, there is an actual mechanic in place to change a city, planet, or entire sector for good or ill, meaning you will leave an actual footprint on the setting. It's also a bit like Pendragon, in that obtaining Glory is your most important objective, and that it is a generational game. Eventually your Hero will die or, if he was awesome enough, be taken to the afterlife personally by his chosen God, and you will play as his successor (who gets a small portion of your original guy's Glory). However, it is much less complicated than Pendragon's Winter Phase. There's no chart to roll on to see if your son dies from a disease, or even to see if you die from old age.

That said, this game also has some really terrible fluff if you dig around enough (especially everything concerning the Titans/Titanoi), so I'm ignoring large swaths of it, including its entire metaplot. Feel free to invent details about the setting in your character's background, or use any existing fluff if you think it's cool. Also, I have no idea if the actual rules of this system work, or if everything will explode 5 posts after the game starts. Again, fair warning: This might actually be a terrible rules system, but I haven't played it myself so I can't say for sure.

I am looking for 4 or 5 Heroes to start an adventure. The planet of Lyos has sent out a call for Heroes to save them from their plight. What was originally assumed to be an attack by brigands has turned into something far sinister, as now a strange creature hunts the innocent. I'm leaving this intentionally vague so that you can fill in any other rumors you may have heard. You should also think about what kind of direction you want this game to take, and have your Destiny and Ambitions reflect that. There are a few supplement books, but all of the big rules introduced in them have been included into the second edition book. If you want to use anything from those books that isn't in the core book, clear it with me first. Oh, and currently I have no plans to use the space combat rules, but that might change once I understand them.

Feel free to ask questions in here, or you can find me on #acolyte at synIRC. You can also PM me if you really want. I have also included a sample character sheet, as well as an example character, in the second post. This should help to show an example of Destiny and Ambitions, as well as linking your Disadvantages with your backstory/life paths (not required, but it does make coming up with them easier). For your fate, you can decide for yourself if your character knows about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Sample Character Sheet:
pre:
Name: 
Epithet: 
Race: 

Profession: 
Destiny:
Fate:
Money:

Disadvantages:

Ambitions:

INT: +0
PER: +0
WIL: +0
CHA: +0
STR: +0
DEX: +0
CON: +0
SPD: +0
CR : +0
DYN: +0

HP: 
Glory: 
Hero Points: 

Skills:

Talents:

Abilities:

Gear:

Life Path:
Example Character:
pre:
Name: Solon
Epithet: the Swift Blade [Parry]
Race: Hellene
Goddess: Athenia, the Seer

Profession: Pirate (STR+1, 100dm base)
Destiny: To unite the Great Pirate Armadas and destroy Callimachus and his Machina army.
Fate: Killed by lover.
Money: None.

Disadvantages:
Relationship (Lvl 2): My foster parents, who without my help are likely to starve
to death in the streets.
Internal (Lvl 1): Code of Honor. Once I give my word, I cannot break it.
Relationship (Lvl 2): Boreas, the bastard who destroyed my ship and confiscated all
of my ill-gotten goods, and is forcing me to "redeem" myself if I want any of it back.

Ambitions:
Regain my pirate status by stealing the flagship of Cyrus, the Blood-Soaked Raider.
Kill the Beast of Thanos, so that I may reclaim some of my loot from Boreas.
Find the fabled treasure of the Great Pirate Aristeides, and take it for myself.

INT: +2
WIL: +2
CHA: +2
STR: +1
CR : +1

HP: 20
Glory: 4
Hero Points: 9/9

Skills:
Command +2
Computers (Ship Systems) +2
Deception +3
Deduce Motives +1
Diplomacy +1
Drive +3
Etiquette (Hellene) +7
Evade +6
Influence +2
Intimidation +5
Lore (Regions) +3
Navigate +5
Pankration +2
Parry +6
Pilot +8
Profession (Pirate, DEX) +10
Speak Language (Hellene [Native], Goregon [Basic +3], Zoran [Basic +3])
Trading +3
Weapon (Guns) +5
Weapon (Melee) +5

Talents:
Force of Personality
Nasty Reputation

Abilities:
Leadership Ability: Gain a bonus equal to double CHA to all Command and Diplomacy rolls.
Tyche: May force a reroll of any dice action that directly affects me, up to WIL times
per session.

Divine Powers:
Wisdom of Athenia - INT times per game, ask a question the GM answers truthfully.

Gear:
Exceptional War Helmet
Hoplite Infantry Sword
Hoplite Pistol
Medium Cuirass Armor

Customization Points: 30/30
+4 to Weapon (Melee) [4]
+1 to CR [5]
Parry +6 [6]
Force of Personality [5]
Intimidation +5 [5]
Evade +5 [5]

Life Path:
Month of Birth: Mounichion, month of Aemoton
Planet of Birth: Argos
Parents: Never knew my real parents.
(Foster) Parents' Social Station: Sailors, +1 Pilot Skill
Family Status: Destitute and powerless, I am their only hope.
Siblings: None.

Special Gift: War helmet
Divine Heritage: Great Grandparent on Father's side was the offspring of a God, +3 Glory
Divine Mark: Strong of Mind (+1 WIL)
Childhood Event: Met a great philosopher whose teachings changed my life.

Callings:
First - Rogue: Spent several weeks in intense study at the universities of Athenoi. +1 in any
one INT skill [Lore (Regions)]. Age 2 years.
Second - Sailor: Placed second on the gladiatorial games on Sparta. +1 Glory, age 3 years.
Third - Warrior: Incurred the wrath of a leader of a world who takes all your wealth and sets
forth several impossible tasks for you to complete (start with no money). Age 1 year.

Astus fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 18, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

pre:
Name: Xenophon
Epithet: The Grappler (Pankration)
Race: Spartan Hellene
God: Apollon

Profession: Hoplite
Destiny: Undo the curse laid on my family by the ancient and terrible witches of Colchis
Fate: Fated to be killed by lover
Money: [3000 dm -370-2538] = 92 dm

Disadvantages:
Relationship 2 - Xenophon's Family requires his aid to lift their curse.
External 1 - Framed for Murder by his old commanding officer, Strategos Laches.
Internal 2 - Overconfident

Ambitions: 
Find the planet of Hysiae, famed for its philosophers and sorcerers that disappeared a century ago.
Slay the Pirate Lord Gryllus, who falsely claims sovereignty over the colony worlds of Byzantion.
Discover the truth of the rumors of the existence of the barbarian Ardiaei people, said to live beyond known space

CHA: +1
STR: +5
DEX: +1
CON: +2
CR : +5
DYN: -2

HP: 22
Glory: 16
Hero Points: 7/7

Skills:
Athletics +2
Command +2
Etiquette (Hellene) +7
Speak Language (Hellene, Native)
Speak Language (Zintar, Basic) +3
Evade +6
Instinct +2
Intimidate +2
Pankration +9 [DR4+STR]
Parry +6
Weapon (melee) +6
Weapon (thrown)+9
Weapon (heavy) +2

Talents:
Advanced Militia Training: The Hero may double his STR (minimum of +2) 
when determining armor penalties because of weight.
Brutal Throw: After making a successful grapple attack, the character may 
throw his opponent as normal but this throw has a chance of stunning 
the thrown opponent. The individual thrown must succeed in a CON roll
with a DoD equal to the thrower’s STR or be stunned and
unable to act or defend himself for rounds equal to the thrower’s STR+3.
Wealthy: 10 times starting money at start. During the game, the Hero may
request additional funds from his source of wealth (family, business, treasure trove, etc.)
To do so, the Hero makes CHA roll with a DoD-1 per 500dm.
If successful, the Hero receives the requested funds between 1 and 48 hours later.
A partial success means liquid cash is tight and he receives only half the request.
The Hero may ask for another advance in a number of weeks equal to 4 + the previous wealth diffculty.

Abilities:
Leadership Ability: Bonus to Command and Diplomacy rolls equal to twice your CHA [+2].
Tyche: Being the favored of the Gods Hellenes are allowed in a small way to enforce their personal
will upon the universe. They can force a re-roll of any dice action that affects them directly a number
of times a game session equal to their WILL (minimum once per game). The roll need not be made by
the Hero and may affect rolls made by the GM or other players when it pertains to the character. The
re-roll only affects the Hero and may not manipulate fate for the benefit of others.

Divine Abilities:
Golden Tongue
The Hero is incredibly charming and well loved. +2 on
all social interaction rolls where the Hero is allowed to speak,
particularly in the presence of a crowd.

Gear:
Medium Cuirass armor (Hoplite Mesh), Hoplon shield, 
Spartan infantry spear, Hoplite assault carbine, military clothing,
Lernaean Hydra armor (Medium Full Suit, 7 PR, +2 STR),
Exceptional Dragon skin cloak (PR 4, stacks w/ Armor)
Cestus (+3 DR, 140 dm),
Chakram (5 DR, 20 m, 80 dm. -2 attack to boomerang)
Noble Doric chiton (+4 skill bonus, 30 dm),
Noble Hamartion (+4 skill bonus, 120 dm).

Customization: 30/30
CR +1 [5]
Brutal Throw [5]
STR +3 [15]
Pankration +5 [5]

Life Path:
Born the month of Skirophorion, Year’s End
Planet: Pylos
Parents: King and Queen
Family Status: Cursed
Siblings:
Twin Brother - Sibling is a competitive rival but loves you.
Older Sister - share a mutual love for one another
Older Brother - You dislike them
Younger Sister - Sibling admires you and follows you wherever you go

Special Gift: A Dragon skin cloak
Divine Heritage: Great-Great-Grandparent on father’s side had a divine parent Gain 2 Glory
Divine Mark: Beloved by all (+1 CHA that can take character beyond racial maximum)
Childhood Event: Mentored by a great Hero of a different race as a child.

Callings:
First: Warrior. Wrestled a planetary champion at a local bar and
won! Gain +5 Glory and +1 in Pankration. 2 years.
Second: Warrior. While on the Goregon home world you joined
the annual Lernaean Hydra hunt. You delivered
the killing blow and took the beast's hide as your
prize. +2 Glory and gain Lernaean Hydra armor. 3 years.
Third: Warrior. Fought pirates on the planet Elis. During the
melee you threw a spear through ten men… or at
least that’s how the story goes. Gain +1 in [CON]. 2 years.

Vehicle
Bucephalus the Mechanican Motorbike

Motorcycle (large, high performance)
Type: Wheeled land vehicle
MAN +1 Hul +0 CW 1
Sen - SPD +70 PAS 1
ACl +10 DCl +5 CAR 25kg
HP 10 SIZ 1 SUP 1wk
Armament: none
Shields: none
Modifications/ notes: none
Cost: 1,463dm
Additional Hard Points: 3

WITH

Servitor Machina 575dm+100+400
InT Per WIl CHA STr DeX Con SPD Cr DYn
+0  +0  +0   -5  +1  +2  +0  +0 -5 -10
Skills:
Drive +3[+4], Speak Languages +6, Lore (Local) +3
Hit Points 20
Equipment: Basic tools

Friar John fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 20, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Also in

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Name: Mantias
Epithet: the Healing Wings
Race: Nephelai
God: Hestia

Profession: Doctor
Destiny: To find a cure for Time, and bring ageless vitality to all the races
Fate: Fated to kill his own family and become a pariah. If trillions could be saved, why should I balk at the sacrifice of a few?
Money: 390 dm

Disadvantages:
Internal 3 - Obsession. Mantias is obsessed with trying to cure the uncurable and cannot be dissuaded from giving up on a patient until they are very very dead and un-reanimatable.
Relationship 1 - Herophilus, Priest of Hestia. Mantius feels a great sense of obligation to the old man who taught him the ways of healing and the path of Hestia, and it is mostly due to Herophilus's pending death by old age that Mantius feels pressured to find a cure for age.
External 1 - Odor. Mantias is always surrounded by the sterile smell of antiseptic and medicine. It offends the noses of some, and conjures bad memories in others.

Ambitions: To find the legendary Materia Medica of Hestia, rumored to contain formulae for medicines that can cure any disease in the universe... if one can find the materials.
To create a cheap and accessible way to manufacture Ambrosia, making it available to places that currently cannot afford it due to its prohibitive costs. To do so would require uncovering the secrets of its production, a secret jealously guarded by its current producers, who see Ambrosia only as a means to accumulate wealth from patients willing to pay anything for its miraculous healing properties.
To become famous enough as a healer to draw students and disciples so he can instruct them as he was once instructed by his beloved master.

INT: +4
PER: +1
CHA: +1
STR: -1

Glory: 7
Hero Points: 7/7

Skills:
Administration +2
Heal +4
Lore (Herb Lore) +5 (3 from prof., 2 from racial)
Lore (History) +3
Medicine +4
Research +2
Science (Medical) +2
Speak Language +3
Torture +3
Profession (Physician, INT) +4
Aerial Combat +3
Cultural Studies (Nephelai) +7
Speak Language (Nephelai, native)
Speak Language (Any-Basic)
Theology (the Twelve) +5
Weapons Pistols +5

Talents:
Natural Remedy
Folk Remedies

Abilities:
Flight: The Nephelai are able to use the natural air currents of their surroundings for limited flight. They may fly at SPD +10, or up to the speed of the wind in the area, provided they are flying in the direction of the wind. They may move directly into the wind by tacking, but do so at their normal SPD.

Intangibility: Nephelai can change their density for a period of time, becoming wraithlike. The change takes one full round to complete and while in this state they cannot harm or be harmed physically (although Dynamism and sound attacks work normally). Items worn or carried by the Nephelai fall from the body and are not brought into the intangible state leaving the Nepehlai naked. They may stay in this state for rounds equal to their WIL +5. This feat may be done a number of times a day equal to their CON (minimum of once).

Sound Manipulation: A Nephelai can hear a whisper carried on the wind or send a message hundreds of miles on a breath of air. Nephelai may make sound-based Perception checks with double their search skill. Nephelai may send a sound-based message over the air directly to their targets’ ear with a whisper at a range of 100 meters per rating of WIL Attribute.

Alacrity (from background): +1 to initiative.

Gear:
Doctor Gear:
Med Kit
Synthskin
2 Doses of Pharmaka Polyidos
Diadalos hand comp
Paid Gear:
Leggings and Pants 15dm
Solea 15dm

Needle Pistol 280dm
Needle Ammo (Poison) 2 cases 90dm (and can we house-rules this so the poison is just meant to put the target to sleep instead of kill them? Thanks)
Heavy Synth Cloth Suit 210dm

Custom: 30/30
5 Will +1
10 Con +2
5 Skill: Theology (the Twelve) +5
5 Skill: Weapons - Pistols +5
5 Talent: Folk Remedies

Life Path:
Month: Born in Pyanepsion, Month of Hephaeston
Planet: Born on Kalydon
Parents: Father is dead.
Mother is a Priestess at a small, local temple/clinic on Kalydon. (0-glory divine gift)
Family Satus: Left destitute due to mismanagement. Forced to practice medicine with herbal supplies when dealings with a more modern pharmaceutical sponsor went sour.
Siblings:
Older Brother - Love him with all my heart.
Older Sister - Admire her and want to be just like her. Despite the destitute situation of the family clinic, she is everyone's backbone and helps hold things together.
Younger Brother - Love him with all my heart.
Younger Sister - Worships the ground I walk on and admire me. Only she understands my zeal for never giving up on a patient, even after others would have.

Special Gift: A sacred chest of fine wood, locked and enigmatic. It was given to Mantias by his mentor Herophilus when Matias left the main temple of Hestia. Herophilus told Mantias that the time would come that he would need to open the chest, but that the old man hoped the time would not come soon.
Divine Heritage: Mother's Grandmother had a divine parent. +5 Glory
Divine Mark: Intelligence (+1)
Divine Gifts:

Protective Stance - The Hero may put one person under her protection. When protecting the person, the Hero receives a number of bonus points equal to the Hero’s WIL on dice actions (the bonus points can only be used in the active pursuit of protecting the charge). The Hero must always be in the presence of the charge and cannot leave the person’s side or loses the bonus.

The Skin of Hephaeston - The Hero’s skin becomes dark and bronzed like the God himself. The Hero reduces any heat-based damage by 6 points.

Childhood Event: Family Intrigue
Raised by Amazorans. Watching the deft, unfaltering movements of his mother and older sister in surgeries, he learned to move without hesitation. (Racial trait Alacrity)
Callings:
Priest - Relationship - Your lover has fallen into the arms of your enemy... who happens to also be another of your ex-lovers. 1 year
Priest - Scholar Special Event - You learned from a great teacher. +1 INT, +2 Glory 1 year

Comments: This character. Those rolls. That background. :psyduck: So I apparently have a lover who hooked up with my ex-lover and now I've got a bisexual duo out for my blood. Not to mention that despite being absolutely devoted to my family (and one member being devoted to me) I'm apparently going to end up sacrificing them in the name of SCIENCE (specifically medical science).

I've gotta say, this is probably the most fun I've ever had rolling up a character's background. So much better than the wussy stuff they put in backgrounds in all the Japanese TRPGs.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 20, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Working on a Myrmidion Hoplite, using the actual Myrmidion Hoplite profession instead of the regular Hoplite profession.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
First two submissions look great, although I know Friar John is using the first edition, which is slightly different from the second edition when it comes to skills and a few other things. I've already helped in IRC a bit, but here's a few more things I've noticed:

The "Leadership Ability" trait Hellenes have gives you a bonus to Command and Diplomacy rolls equal to twice your CHA now, instead of a flat +2.

For the Hoplite profession, the base money you get is 100dm, not 500. Also, this is multiplied by how many callings you took. Since you took 2, your starting money would be 200dm, then multiplied by 10 because of the Wealthy talent, giving you 2,000dm. Your starting gear is mostly the same, with a few differences: "Medium Cuirass armor (Hoplite Mesh), Hoplon shield, Spartan infantry spear, Hoplite assault carbine, military clothing."

For starting gifts, such as Friar John's Lernaean Hydra armor or the sample character's war helmet, the book doesn't actually say what type of armor/helmet they are, so I'll allow you to pick. Armor is either a Half-Suit (Cuirass), or a Full-Suit (Cuirass+broad belt+apron+leg armor).

Half Suit: Light (1 PR, +0 STR requirement), Medium (3 PR, +1 STR requirement), or Heavy (6 PR, +2 STR requirement)
Full-Suit: Light (3 PR, +1 STR requirement), Medium (7 PR, +2 STR requirement), or Heavy (12 PR, +4 STR requirement)

"Lernaean Hydra armor", which is actually Goregon Scale mesh, adds +3 PR vs slashing weapons (such as swords) or torch weapons. Since you aren't a Goregon, however, whenever you are hit you must make a CON roll with a Degree of Difficulty equal to -2, or take 3 damage as the hit squeezes out a little more Hydra poison from the armor. This mesh also increases the STR requirement for half-suits by +1, or +2 for full-suits.

Also, where did you get the Well-Traveled talent from?

For Getsuya's Nephelai, your starting age is actually 2. I'm not sure if that's because Nephelai only need a single year to mature or if it's because no one knows anything about Nephelai childhood and the Nephelai are known to love messing with the other races when it comes to any details about them at all. Either way, your starting age is 4 and you aren't considered Elderly until you hit 100 (and apparently are never considered Venerable).

Besides that, I'm fine with your Needle pistol doing non-lethal damage, and you also get one more divine ability/gift (same thing by the way) from a random God/Goddess because your mother was a priestess.

Also, both of you only have one ambition currently, but I assume that's because you're still working out what the other two should be.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Name: Dion
Epithet: Dion of the Quick Eye
Race: Kyklopes
God: Hephaeston

Profession: Kyklopes Teacher
Destiny: Discover and retrieve all twelve of the Lost Relics of the Gods Creation.
Fate: Killed by mother
Money: 80dm

Disadvantages:
Relationship: 2 points - My life is a sitcom (relationship drama abound)
Internal: 2 point - Depression: Everyone close to me gets hurt or killed.
Internal: 1 point - Obsession with finding ancient relics

Ambitions:
To find a fragment of one of the Great Assemblers of Gaia, the machines she crafted from her own body to create new worlds in the empty void that was her husband Uranus.

To steal the Bloody Stone Tablet of the Mother, the only known Relic of the Gods Creation still in existence, from the Sisterhoods Hidden Temple of Hera, and use it to discover and locate similar Relics of the Gods Creation belonging to other gods.

Find the answer behind Kyklopes with two True Eyes, and unlock the secret guarded by the crystal key he left.

INT: +2
PER: +5
WIL: +1
CHA: -1
CR : +1

Glory: -8
Hero Points: 5

Skills:
Computers (of choice) +3
Deduce Motives +1
Disable Mechanism +5
Etiquette (Kyklopes) +7
Instinct +2
Investigate/Search +8
Lore(Heraldry) +2
Lore(History) +8
Perform +3
Pilot (Small Craft) +1
Research +8
Science (Theology) +6
Speak Language (Kyklopes, Native)
Speak Language (Atlantean, Basic) +3
Speak Language (Hellene, Basic) +3
Weapon (Pistols) +6

Profession(Teaching, INT) +10

Talents:
Quick Learner
Antiquarian

Abilities:
Third Eye
Poor Eyesight
Aisthetike
Enigmas

Gear:
Small statue of Hephaeston
Diadalos hand comp
off-the-rack Ionic Chiton
Himation
Exceptional Hoplite Plate
Crystal Key
Hoplite Pistol - 270dm
Molecular Grappler and Gun - 150

Life Path:
Month of Birth: Boedromion
Planet of Birth: Kykyon
Parents
-Both Alive
-Sailors (+1 Pilot skill)
Family: Killed in a great war
Siblings: None
Special Gift: Grandparents Hoplite Plate
Divine Heritage: Great-Great-Grandparent on mother’s side was the offspring of a God/Goddess
Divine Mark: Very Wise (+1 PER that can take character beyond racial maximum)
Childhood Encounter: Met Someone Special
Someone Special: Met a strange Kyklopes with two crystals orbiting his head. He smiled
and vanished. Where he had stood, a small crystal key lay. You took it.

The Warrior: Tragedy: You are the cause of a war or conflict where many innocent suffered and died. Everyone knows of your burden and shame; lose 10 Glory (5 years)
The Sailor: Enemy (Close friend with secret hatred, accused of cowardice or some character flaw, wants to ruin my life) (2 year)
The Warrior: Relationship: Love Triangle, true love torn between you and your worst enemy! (3 years)
The Sailor: Relationship (Unrequited love) (3 years)
The Scholar: Tragedy! (Accidentally crippled a loved one in a vehicle mishap.) (1 year)

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 20, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Still need to picks ambitions, and use the last couple bonus points, but I thought I would post what I had so far.

pre:
Name: Callimachus
Epithet: Callimachus the Untouchable
Race: Myrmidon
God: Apollon, the Wrestler

Profession: Myrmidon Hoplite
Destiny: Ovecome the 8 challenges of Zeracles and prove myself the greatest of warriors.
Fate: Fated to die by the hands of a noble.
Money: Base 100dm

Disadvantages:
Relationship: 2 points - Senator Delphoine, a corrupt Senator, and my former lover, was quite upset when I left 
                         her and refused to serve her.  She has begun working with others to ensure my downfall.
Relationship: 2 points - Nicias the Golden.  An arrogant and confident Zoran noble who I defeated in battle.  
                         I took his wife Parthenie as my own.  Suffice to say he is not happy about this.
Internal:     1 point  - I am quite overconfident, taking risks that I do not need to, and risks that I 
                         really shouldn't.

Ambitions:
To defeat the nineteen headed hydra.

To tame the cryobull of Lord Malichinus.

WIL: +1
DEX: +7
SPD: +2
DYN: -3

HP: 33
Hero Points: 

Skills:
Athletics +3 
Command +2
Engineering +1
Etiquette (Myrmidon) +7.
Evade +10
Instinct +4
Intimidate +1
Pankration +3
Parry +2
Profession (Hoplite, STR) +10
Speak Language (Myrmidon, native)
Speak Language (Any - basic) +3
Stealth +2
Tracking/Shadowing +3
Weapon (of choice) +8
Weapon (of choice) +3

Talents:
Amazing Dodge:  You have a remarkable ability to avoid being hit in melee combat.  Benefit: The Hero may add triple 
                his DEX (minimum of +3) to any Evade roll (the Hero must use an action to actively evade).
                This may be done a number of times a day equal to his DEX (minimum of 3).

Natural Talent Evade:  You have a natural afnity for a particular skill.  Benefit: Select any one skill. 
                The Hero receives double the appropriate Attribute (minimum of +2) to rolls using this skill. 
                The Hero may also reroll one failed roll with the skill per game. Note: Weapons skills are excluded 
                from this talent.

Hardiness:      You are tougher than most of your peers. Benefit: The Hero may add 5 + Triple his CON Hit 
                Points at Character Creation. This talent may be selected up to 3 times.

Cold Endurance: Because of a natural trait or experience working and living in colder climes you have a superior 
                endurance to the cold. Benefit: Reduces damage from exposure to extreme cold  by the Hero’s CON 
                (minimum of 1) and provides a natural Protection Rating (PR) to cold-based attacks equal to triple 
                his CON (minimum of PR3)

Abilities:

Regeneration:  Being a large colony of individual insects, it is very hard to kill a Myrmidon. A body can be annihilated, 
but if the queen lives the Myrmidon will eventually replace the body and live on. As long as the queen remains, a Myrmidon 
can regenerate lost limbs by shifting other areas of the colony to replace the sisters that were lost there. A Myrmidon 
heals at double the normal healing rate. If the queen is killed, the other members of the colony scatter mindlessly and 
eventually die, unless they are lucky enough to find other Myrmidons in the area that they can join with (assuming they are welcomed)

Shapeshift:  A Myrmidon can alter the shape of its body to fit into areas that a normal being could not. By compressing 
or thinning an area, a Myrmidon can creep under doors and through cracks. This ability also allows a Myrmidon to add 
extra limbs (one additional for each CON point, minimum of one extra). Each additional limb may be used but causes a 
multiple action penalty (among other uses this allows the Myrmidon to hold a two-handed weapon and use a shield at the 
same time). In combat the Myrmidon can alter its body to attack an opponent, slipping through openings in their armor 
to attack from within. In combat the Hero must first make a successful grappling attack. Once the Myrmidon has a grip 
on its opponent, it may spend additional actions covering and biting with its myriad small pincers. As long as the 
opponent is held in a grapple the Myrmidon colony may attack in this way, doing their CON in bonus damage.

Homunculus:  Myrmidons may attempt to break off a part of their “colony” to do work remotely, creating a small 
Hellene-shaped swarm and sending it on a task. The Homunculus starts with 0 skills and -1 in all Attributes, 
and a minimum of 5 Hit Points must be spent to create it. For each 5 HP spent, the player can add 1 Attribute  
point or 5 skill points, chosen from among the skills the Myrmidon knows. The  player can opt to spend as many 
as all the Hero’s Hit Points except 1 HP, which must be reserved for the queen herself. The player must make 
a WIL roll normal DoD-2 to create the body. If the roll fails nothing happens. If successful, the body splits; 
the Homunculus leaves behind all armor and equipment the Myrmidon was carrying and is now more flexible, able 
to slip through cracks, under doors, etc., but cohesive enough to perform physical tasks. As the Homunculus 
does not possess a queen, it can only be given a single, specific task that may involve only one skill that 
the Hero possesses (e.g., open a door, retrieve an object, pull a lever, enter a code, etc.)  Creating a 
Homunculus strains the queen’s ability to keep cohesion and control, and so the Hero must make a WIL roll 
DoD-1 (cumulative) for each minute the Homunculus is away. If in a stressful situation (combat), the 
Myrmidon must roll his Concentration skill every round. If a roll is failed while the Homunculus is abroad, 
the swarm loses cohesion and falls apart, scattering in all directions. Half of the Homunculus’ HP will be 
recovered from returning colony members in minutes equal to the time spent away from the queen. If the 
Homunculus is destroyed during his errand, the HP are lost and must be regenerated normally.

Clustering:  Several Myrmidons can act together, clustering to form larger structures such as bridges across 
rifts, armor, or even airtight crafts that can move through space or under water, protecting those within. 
An adequate number of Myrmidons must  be sacrificed to create the structure (e.g., two colonies could form 
a raft; several hundred would be required to form a spacecraft), with the remaining queens huddling together 
in the remaining “live” colony until such time as more living Myrmidons can be found to replace the lost 
colonies. Large asteroid-like clusters of this sort are believed to allow the Myrmidons to colonize other 
planets, with the outer shells of dead Myrmidons protecting the living queens inside through the cold of 
space, the heat of re-entry, and the shock of crashing onto a new planet. After touchdown, the shell breaks 
open and the living Myrmidons inside spill forth to colonize a new world

Omni Vision:  Because hundreds of thousands of tiny insects make up the body of one Myrmidon, they may see 
in all directions as long as it is unobstructed by clothing. Seeing in all directions does not distract 
the Myrmidon and it may function and  perceive normally.

Gear:
Exceptional Boots
Medium Cuirass armor (Hoplite mesh), 
Hoplon shield, 
Spartan infantry spear, 
Hoplite assault carbine, 
military clothing

Life Path:
Month of Birth: Mounichion, month of Aemoton
Planet of Birth: Aegina
Parents: Mother dead, father alive, raised by hive community.
Parents' Social Station: Engineers. +1 engineering (electronic) skill
Hive Status: Hive status is on the rise but tenuous.
Siblings: 7.  Younger - hatred is mutual, Older - hatred is mutual, Older - they adore me, 
              Older - adoration is mutual, Younger - they hate me, Younger - they hate me, Older - hatred is mutual.

Special Gift: Athenoian Boots dating from the Hellene war on Aegina
Divine Heritage: Great Grandparent on Mother’s side was the offspring of a God, +3 Glory
Divine Mark: Courageous (+1 WIL)
Childhood Event: Helped an old hermit on the side of the road. They blessed you and 
called you a future queen. You never saw this person again.

Callings:
First - Warrior: Told to walk into a cave under an ancient tree by an elderly priest. 
He told you that you did not need any weapon there and you agreed. Inside you met and 
bested a dark version of yourself, gaining a new insight into who you are. From that 
day on your purpose in life has been clear. The Hero may disregard the first 5 Fate 
Points that he receives (may only do this once per character).  Age 2 years.
Second - Warrior: You have proven yourself in battle and for a while captained a group 
of Spartan Hoplites. The group has never forgotten you and counts you as one of their 
brothers.  Age 2 years.
Third - Warrior: Watched a loved one waste away of a horrible disease. Age 2 years.
Fourth - Warrior:  You defeated a Zoran noble and took his wife as your prize. 
She is stunningly beautiful but very stubborn and prideful. Gain +4 Glory.  Age 4 years.
Fifth - Warrior:  An enemy, that is an ex-lover who is a Senator, They are your enemy 
because…Turned down other's offer of job or romantic/sexual involvement.  They will 
work with your other enemies to kill you..  Age 4 years.
Bonus Points:
10 spent on getting DEX up to +7
5 spent on getting the Natural Talent Evade talent
5 spent on getting the Hardiness talent
5 spent on getting the Cold Endurance talent
1 spent on getting Evade up to +10

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 26, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Name: Pierdnięcie
Epithet: The Electric [Attack Mode]
Race: Nephelai
God: Heuson

Profession: Nephelai Seer
Destiny: Survive the Seven Trials of Thunder, set forth by Heusian himself.
Fate: Kill the love of his life and be killed by his lover
Money: 350dm

Disadvantages:
Relationship - Level 3 - Wiatr; former lover who was killed in an accident, and retrieved from Hadon. Now plots revenge for being dead for over a year and losing everything.
Internal - Level 2 - Pride. Comes from a long line of heroes and princes; thinks way too much of self.

Ambitions:
Gain favor with Heusian by surviving the Heart of Thunder on Lyon, so he may recgonize me as a potential champion.
Seek out Keraun, Seer of Heus, and earn a vision of the first Trial of Thunder.
Defeat the challenge that awaits me within the first trial; I know not what Heus will have me face, but his own weapons will not work on whatever I may face.

INT: +4
PER: +3
WIL: +4
CHA: +5
STR: -5
DEX: -5
DYN: +6

HP: 28/28
Glory: 60
Hero Points: 15/15

Skills:
Mode (Attack) +10
Deduce Motive +1
Deception +2
Investigate/Search +2
Lore (The Gods) +6
Mode (Sensory) +10
Perform +4
Science (Theology) +5
Profession (Seer, PER) +10
Weapon (Thrown) +5

Talents:
Aura of Wisdom

Abilities:
Flight:
The Nephelai are able to use the natural air currents of their surroundings for limited flight. They may fly at SPD+10, or up to the speed of the wind in the area, provided they are flying in the direction of the wind. They may move directly into the wind by tacking, but do so at their normal SPD.

Intangibility:
Nephelai can change their density for a period of time, becoming wraithlike. The change takes one full round to complete and while in this state they cannot harm or be harmed physically (although Dynamism and sound attacks work normally). Items worn or carried by the Nephelai fall from the body and are not brought into the intangible state, leaving the Nepehlai naked. They may stay in this state for rounds equal to triple their WIL (minimum of 3 rounds). This feat may be done a number of times a day equal to their CON (minimum of once). Returning to normal happens instantly at the end of the round and requires no action.

Sound Manipulation:
A Nephelai can hear a whisper carried on the wind or send a message hundreds of miles on a breath of air. Nephelai may make sound-based perception checks with double PER (minimum +2). Nephelai may send a sound-based message over the air directly to their targets’ ear with a whisper at a range of 100 meters per rating of WIL (minimum of 100m).

Surviving in a Vacuum
A Nephelai may survive in vacuum by cannibalizing their bodies. A Nephelai may survive for one round per Hit Point spent. A Hero may do this for half his Hit Points before needing to make a normal CON roll for resisting he effects of a vacuum.

Righteous Authority
The Hero has an air of authority and leadership about them. When speaking to a group and issuing commands, the Hero receives a bonus of +2 and an additional +2 for every 30 Glory

Thunder
The Hero may create a burst of thunderous sound by spending an action in concentration. The sound starts as a low rumble in the chest of the Hero and issues forth with a loud roar from his mouth. The blast of thunder affects everyone in a radius equal to twice the Hero’s CHA Attribute in meters (minimum of 2m). Those within the area of effect must make a Resolve skill roll versus a DoD equal to the Hero’s CHA+2 or be stunned for combat rounds equal to the Hero’s CHA Attribute. The Hero may do this a number of times equal to his CON Attribute.

The Appetite of Heuson
The lord of the gods has insatiable appetites for beings of great beauty. To be worthy of the Hero’s passion, the being must have the
Enchanting Beauty talent and be someone the Hero might normally be attracted to (the Hero will not be attracted to the same gender if he is not inclined to). When the Hero is aroused to take part in something, he goes to the extremes and will not stop until his appetites are sated (Resolve skill roll DoD-3 plus one additional point for every 50 Glory beyond 50) The Hero will stop at almost nothing to bed the person and will use every resource at his disposal to accomplish the task. There is sometimes a product of the union no matter the being’s gender (the Hero must roll a CON roll DoD of -8). Any children will have some characteristic of the Hero and be favored by the gods, who will bestow some sort of gift upon them.

Bolts of Justice
The Hero is granted the use of Heuson’s greatest weapons — his bolts of lightning! The Hero is entrusted with a number of lightning bolts equal to his CHA Attribute (minimum of one). The bolts are small and unassuming silver cylinders, but when activated transform into blue-white bolts of dancing electricity. The bolts of lightning are thrown using the Weapon (Thrown) skill and strike for 10x CHA Attribute damage (minimum of 10 DR). The range for these bolts is equal to the Hero’s CHA in kilometers. Once all the bolts are used, the Hero must plead with Heuson at his sacred temple moon for more (DoD-6) and spend large amounts of drachmas in sacrifices. Note that this ability disregards the scale modifiers for normal attacks and may be used against a man-sized form or a capital ship with the same results.

Gear:
Diadalos hand comp
off-the-rack chiton and chlamys
small holy symbol
sacred scrolls
pine air freshener

Life Path:
Month of Birth: Maimakterion
Planet of Birth: Stymphalos
Parents: Parents dead and raised by relative
Parents' Social Station: Delphoi Legion
Family Status: Family is revered and guarded by the community
Siblings: One younger sibling
Relationship with sibling: You dislike them

Special Gift: Parent’s chiton clasp
Divine Heritage: Both parents have divine blood from their parents
Divine Mark: The God’s Sigil Upon his Person (+10 Glory and roll again); Larger than Normal. Double CON to determine Hit Points
Childhood Event: Met a ghost that told you of your tragic fate.

Callings:
First - Legionnare of Delphoi: Served as a planetary guardian on a foreign world. Gain +20 Glory. Age five years.
Second - Noble: Become the ruler of your birth planet! Aged one year.
Third - Priest: Traveled to the underworld and begged Hadon for the soul of a loved one. The dark god took pity on you and your gloomy story, and allowed you to leave with the loved one. Gain +10 Glory. Aged two years.
Fourth - Scholar: Solved a math equation that unlocked the untapped recesses of the mind. Gain +1 DYN. Aged three years.
Fifth - Legionnare of Delphoi: Played a game of chance with what you believed was a Titan and won. Gain +5 Glory and +1 in WIL

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 28, 2014

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I still need to pick up equipment and a third ambition, but...

pre:
Name: Aranphaon
Epithet: Sharp Tongued
Race: Myrmidon

Profession: Aoidos
Destiny: Reclaim the throne of the Planet Thassos, home of my ancestors, now lost to the Zoran, and rule it as king
Fate: Is it for a man to know his own fate?  Beware, great Aranphaon!  You are in the hands of the Gods, and seeking to know
your fate will not bring you pleasure.  But, if you would know, seek wise Astus. the reader of Destiny, for he knows the 
manner and form of your death.
Money: 600 base

Disadvantages:

Relationship   Level 1           Senator Kallias of Pherai, who grew to hate Aranphaon after the he blamed Aranphaon for the
                                 death of his wife.  He seeks Aranphaon's death, hoping to work with others to bring it about.

External       Level 3           Aranphaon is remembered as the son of the traitor Megalion, the Myrmidon noble who betrayed
                                 the planet Thassos to the Zorans.  While a son is not responsible for the deeds of his
                                 father, those who know Aranphaon's heritage may distrust him.  Is the son as untrustworthy
                                  as his father?

Relationship   Level 1           Aranphaon loves Amricyta, his former betrothed, but she will have nothing to do with him any
                                 longer.

Ambitions:

1.  Prove that my my father was framed for the betrayal of Thassos by the Hellene General Zeno, the true traitor, who rules 
    Thassos for the Zoran to this day.

2.  Woo and wed the noble maiden Amricyta, daughter of Timon, who was my bethrothed until the fall of Thassos

INT: +1
CHA: +2
DEX: +4
DYN: -2

Glory: 2
Hero Points: 

Skills: Athletics +3, Etiquette (Myrmidon) +7, Evade +5, Instinct +2 Speak Language (Myrmidon, Native), 
Speak Language (Any, Basic) Stealth +2, Etiquette +3, Deception +4, Handicraft (Fine Arts) +5, Lore (Folklore) +3, 
Perform +8, Research +2, Lore (Theology) +4, Profession (Aidios, CHA) +10, Weapon (Melee) +6, Influence +5

Talents: Aura of Wisdom, Well Traveled, Expert Performer, Taunt

Abilities:

Regeneration:  Being a large colony of individual insects, it is very hard to kill a Myrmidon. A body can be annihilated, 
but if the queen lives the Myrmidon will eventually replace the body and live on. As long as the queen remains, a
Myrmidon can regenerate lost limbs by shifting other areas of the colony to replace the sisters that were lost there. 
A Myrmidon heals at double the normal healing rate. If the queen is killed, the other members of the colony scatter 
mindlessly and eventually die, unless they are lucky enough to find other Myrmidons in the area that they can join with
(assuming they are welcomed)

Shapeshift:  A Myrmidon can alter the shape of its body to fit into areas that a normal being could not. By compressing 
or thinning an area, a Myrmidon can creep under doors and through cracks. This ability also allows a Myrmidon to add 
extra limbs (one additional for each CON point, minimum of one extra). Each additional limb may be used but causes a 
multiple action penalty (among other uses this allows the Myrmidon to hold a two-handed weapon and use a shield at the 
same time). In combat the Myrmidon can alter its body to attack an opponent, slipping through openings in their armor 
to attack from within. In combat the Hero must first make a successful grappling attack. Once the Myrmidon has a grip 
on its opponent, it may spend additional actions covering and biting with its myriad small pincers. As long as the 
opponent is held in a grapple the Myrmidon colony may attack in this way, doing their CON in bonus damage.

Homunculus:  Myrmidons may attempt to break off a part of their “colony” to do work remotely, creating a small 
Hellene-shaped swarm and sending it on a task. The Homunculus starts with 0 skills and -1 in all Attributes, 
and a minimum of 5 Hit Points must be spent to create it. For each 5 HP spent, the player can add 1 Attribute  
point or 5 skill points, chosen from among the skills the Myrmidon knows. The  player can opt to spend as many 
as all the Hero’s Hit Points except 1 HP, which must be reserved for the queen herself. The player must make 
a WIL roll normal DoD-2 to create the body. If the roll fails nothing happens. If successful, the body splits; 
the Homunculus leaves behind all armor and equipment the Myrmidon was carrying and is now more flexible, able 
to slip through cracks, under doors, etc., but cohesive enough to perform physical tasks. As the Homunculus 
does not possess a queen, it can only be given a single, specific task that may involve only one skill that 
the Hero possesses (e.g., open a door, retrieve an object, pull a lever, enter a code, etc.)  Creating a 
Homunculus strains the queen’s ability to keep cohesion and control, and so the Hero must make a WIL roll 
DoD-1 (cumulative) for each minute the Homunculus is away. If in a stressful situation (combat), the 
Myrmidon must roll his Concentration skill every round. If a roll is failed while the Homunculus is abroad, 
the swarm loses cohesion and falls apart, scattering in all directions. Half of the Homunculus’ HP will be 
recovered from returning colony members in minutes equal to the time spent away from the queen. If the 
Homunculus is destroyed during his errand, the HP are lost and must be regenerated normally.

Clustering:  Several Myrmidons can act together, clustering to form larger structures such as bridges across 
rifts, armor, or even airtight crafts that can move through space or under water, protecting those within. 
An adequate number of Myrmidons must  be sacrificed to create the structure (e.g., two colonies could form 
a raft; several hundred would be required to form a spacecraft), with the remaining queens huddling together 
in the remaining “live” colony until such time as more living Myrmidons can be found to replace the lost 
colonies. Large asteroid-like clusters of this sort are believed to allow the Myrmidons to colonize other 
planets, with the outer shells of dead Myrmidons protecting the living queens inside through the cold of 
space, the heat of re-entry, and the shock of crashing onto a new planet. After touchdown, the shell breaks 
open and the living Myrmidons inside spill forth to colonize a new world

Omni Vision:  Because hundreds of thousands of tiny insects make up the body of one Myrmidon, they may see 
in all directions as long as it is unobstructed by clothing. Seeing in all directions does not distract 
the Myrmidon and it may function and  perceive normally.

Gear: Doric Chiton and Hitmation of Noble Quality, Diadalos Hand Comp full of classical material, musical instrament

Life Path:

Born in Metageitnion on Delos
Parents:  Orphaned and raised by Hive Community
Parents Social Status: Great Warrior (+1 any Fighting Skill)
Hive Status:  Hive is in decline because of machinations of a rival queen
Seventeen siblings, 8 older, 9 younger
Relationships with Siblings
Sibling 1:  They hate me
2.  Our adoration is mutual
3. I adore them
4. They're neutral towards me
5. I hate them
6. We're neutral towards each other
7. Our hatred is mutual
8. Our hatred is mutual
9. Our hatred is mutual
10. Our hatred is mutual
11. Our hatred is mutual
12. Our Hatred is mutual
13. I'm neutral towards them
14  I hate them
15. They adore me
16. Our adoration is mutual
17. They're neutral towards me

Special Gift:  1st Age Shield Belt
Divine Heritage:  Great, Great Grandparent on Mother's side had divine parent (+2 Glory)
Divine Mark: Eyes of Athenia (Aura of Wisdom Talent)
Childhood Encounter: Your hive was used as a patsy by a deceitful Hellene noble.  The intrigue ruined the name of your 
family and the king benefits from the great lie.
Callings:

Sailor: Relationship, Create a close friendship with a priest, as friendly to me as I am to them, aged 2 years
Priest: Scholarly pursuits, studied with a Nephelai Philosopher and learned his secrets, aged 2 years
Scholar: Relationship, Create a close friendship with a noble, secretly in love with me and would die for me, Aged 3 years
Noble: Enemy, a senator, aged 1 year
Purchases:

5 Weapon (Melee) +5
5 Influence +5
5 Expert Performer
5 Charisma +1
5 Intelligence +1
5 Taunt

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 21, 2014

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

pre:
Name: 		Kaimachus
Epithet: 	the full-mast
Race:		Zintar
God:		Hoseidon

Profession: 	Zintar Kybernetes
Destiny: 	Become the true King of all Zintar and modernize the Zintar culture.
Fate: 		Killed by father
Money:		450dm

Disadvantages:
Relationship,	3, 	Kaimachus was approached by Athenia the Seer in disguise, he rejected her advances by saying he loves another. The goddess of truth she was even more insulted by the lie.

Internal,	1, 	Self-doubt. Kaimachus is unsure if he can reach his promised destiny and if he actually measures up to it.

External,	1, 	The layout of Zintar culture means that its constantly reshaping itself. Few very unlucky political marriages between his 
			family's rivals and the death of the previous family head have seen the Kaimachus' family fall far from favor. 

Ambitions:
Find the lost jewel of Kephalopoda, the symbol of ruler

Rally other reformist Zintar under my banner and overthrow the traditionalist regime lead by the Architeuthida family.

INT: +3
PER: +1
SPD: +1

Glory: 5
Hero Points: 5/5

Skills:
Computers (Equipment) +2, 
Computers (Ship Systems) +5,
Drive +3
Disable Mechanism +2, 
Etiquette (Zintar) +7, 
Engineering (Structural) +2, 
Lore (Region) +2
Navigate +3, 
Pilot (Transport) +12, 
Pilot (Capital) +5
Pilot (Everything else) +2
Speak Language (Zintar, Native), 
Speak Language (Atlantean, Basic) +3,
Speak Language (Hellene, Basic) +3 
Weapon (Guns) +2
Weapons (Vehicle Weapons) +1, 
Profession (Kybernetes, DEX) +10

Talents:
Aura of Wisdom, The Hero adds triple his INT (minimum of +3) to CHA when determining Reaction Rolls
Tech Savvy,  The Hero receives triple his PER (minimum of  +3) to rolls when they relate to understanding or using technological devices This bonus is not applicable in combat  situations

Abilities:
Aquatic Movement (Speed -1 dry land, +5 in water & slipspace if outside carapace)
Camouflage (bonus equal to twice their CON (minimum of +2) to any type of Hide skill check when out of their carapace and hiding)
Enhanced Sense of Sight and Touch (reduce the range of any sight-based penalties by 10m / if tentacles outside  carapace, a bonus equal to twice his PER (minimum of +2) to tactile sensory-based Perception checks)
Technophile (+2 bonus to any tech-related skill checks)
Vehicle interface (+2 when piloting or driving a vehicle that is outfitted with a Zintar Interface Pod)

HP		DeX		STr		SPD		Pr		HrP
25		User		User		+0		2		6
Accessories: One pair of worker hands, Flight system SPD+2, One-day sealed systems

Divine Powers:

Know the Truth
The Hero may look upon the face of a being and 
know if they are telling the truth or not. The Hero rolls her PER with a DoD equal to the target’s WIL+2 
The Hero may use this ability 1+WIL times a day

Know the Sea
The sailor knows the ebb and flow of the seas of the world, hazards of the vacuum, and the tides of 
Slipspace The Hero receives a one time bonus of +4 to either their Piloting or Navigation skill, player’s choice

Gear:
Exceptional Boots
Zintar interface ring, 
Enviro suit, 
Spacer carapace

Customization Points: 30/30
+1 Str 5
+1 Str 5
+1 Spd 5
+1 Spd 5
+1 Dex 5
+1 Dex 5

Life Path:
Month of Birth: Mounichion, Aemoton
Planet of Birth: Delphoi     
Parents: Mother dead
Parents' Social Station: Priest,  1 random zero-Glory divine gift
Family Status: Family power is in decline because of machinations of a rival
Siblings: None.

Special Gift: Boots   
Divine Heritage: Grandparent on mother’s side was the offspring of a God/Goddess, Gain 5 Glory
Divine Mark: Eyes of Athenia, Aura of Wisdom Talent
Childhood Event: Helped an old hermit on the side of the road He blessed you and called you a future king. You never saw this person again

Callings:
First	-	Sailor, Battle: Killed Celaeno, a Harpy queen, during a Slipspace battle in the Aegean Solar Sea, Gain +5 Glory. Aged 4 years.
Second 	-	Legion of Delphoi, Scholarly Pursuit: Studied at the feet of a great Nephelai philosopher and learned the secrets of the mind, +1 DYN, age 4 years.
Third	-	Noble, Enemy: Turned down a God's offer of job or romantic/sexual involvement, They want you dead, age 2 years. 

Sormus fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 26, 2014

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Alright, I've noticed some people have been having some issues with their Destiny and Ambition, so here is a general guidline for them:

First of all, the Destiny is a Big Deal, and most (if not all) of your ambitions will be you taking steps towards achieving your Destiny. There is some advice on Destiny on page 99 of the book, but basically it is your overarching goal for your character. It's also something of a race, trying to achieve your Destiny before succumbing to your Fate.

Ambitions, meanwhile, are very specific and tend to be steps towards achieving your Destiny. They should have dramatic importance, be connected with a face (i.e. someone in particular, or an organization), and above all, it needs to be interesting to you, the player. So an Ambition of "Find some lost treasure" is not valid, but "Find the fabled treasure of the Great Pirate Aristeides, and take it for myself" is. Actually completing an Ambition gives you 10 xp, 5 Glory, and is one of the very few ways to reduce your Fate points. It is then replaced with a new ambition.

To sum it up: your Destiny is your "end goal", something that caps off your Hero's story, while your Ambitions are steps taken along the way to that end, which are more specific about what you will do and who or what will try to stop you.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Astus posted:

Alright, I've noticed some people have been having some issues with their Destiny and Ambition, so here is a general guidline for them:

First of all, the Destiny is a Big Deal, and most (if not all) of your ambitions will be you taking steps towards achieving your Destiny. There is some advice on Destiny on page 99 of the book, but basically it is your overarching goal for your character. It's also something of a race, trying to achieve your Destiny before succumbing to your Fate.

Ambitions, meanwhile, are very specific and tend to be steps towards achieving your Destiny. They should have dramatic importance, be connected with a face (i.e. someone in particular, or an organization), and above all, it needs to be interesting to you, the player. So an Ambition of "Find some lost treasure" is not valid, but "Find the fabled treasure of the Great Pirate Aristeides, and take it for myself" is. Actually completing an Ambition gives you 10 xp, 5 Glory, and is one of the very few ways to reduce your Fate points. It is then replaced with a new ambition.

To sum it up: your Destiny is your "end goal", something that caps off your Hero's story, while your Ambitions are steps taken along the way to that end, which are more specific about what you will do and who or what will try to stop you.

Yeah the book is incredibly loving vague on how to write the destiny and ambitions, and what they mean. I mean, my destiny isn't out there; Hoseidon's 300 glory thing is you ARE dragged to Hoseidon's side, and the agnostic one at 300 says you go to Olympia. So joining Heus/Zeus would basically be 'attain 300 glory and ascend to demigodhood.'

I really don't know how else to work it.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

John Dyne posted:

Yeah the book is incredibly loving vague on how to write the destiny and ambitions, and what they mean. I mean, my destiny isn't out there; Hoseidon's 300 glory thing is you ARE dragged to Hoseidon's side, and the agnostic one at 300 says you go to Olympia. So joining Heus/Zeus would basically be 'attain 300 glory and ascend to demigodhood.'

I really don't know how else to work it.

Your Destiny has nothing to do with your Glory, so tying it to the mechanic for 300+ Glory doesn't work. It should be a Goal you actually accomplish yourself. Note that while I said it is your character's end goal, it does not remove your character from the game. Only death, Fate, or earning 300+ Glory does that.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I think the idea is that your destiny should be something unique to you and your story, not just "Achieve Apotheosis". So it's not, "This is the story of the hero who became a god.", it's "This is the story of the hero who avenged his parents", or "The story of the hero who got his loved one back from the underworld", or "The story of the hero who defeated the monster that was going to destroy the city.", or whatever, and in the process became a god. Divinity's the reward for your awesomeness, it's not the great deed itself.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Still accepting subs for this?

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Yes, recruitment will be open until sometime next week.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
OK, at the suggestion of FireSight I have decided to look over all the sheets currently submitted to see if there's anything wrong about them.

FriarJohn: Everything looks good, can't find anything out of place with your sheet.

Getsuya: Looks good, although as I mentioned previously ambitions should have a "Face" attached to them, either a specific person or an organization or group. If your ambition is to "To create a cheap and accessible way to manufacture Ambrosia, making it available to places that currently cannot afford it due to its prohibitive costs", who or what is stopping you from completing that goal?

FireSight: Everything is in order, I like your revised Destiny/Ambitions. Only thing I can see wrong is you multiply your base 100dm from your profession by how many callings you took. Since you took five, you start with 500dm.

Ryuujin: Still need at least one Ambition, but everything else seems OK.

Dyne: Still need to rework Destiny and Ambitions. The sheet itself is good, although with CR -5 and a throwing skill of +5, it'll be somewhat hard to use your lightning bolts. Then again, most starting characters wouldn't have access to that anyways, so maybe you just want to use xp in game to improve it. Also, you need three Disadvantages, each with a minimum level of one and no more than three levels in any of them.

epicurius: Similar to FireSight, your starting money should be 400dm because you took four callings. Everything else looks great, though. Also, I know I already told you this on IRC but holy poo poo that's a lot of hated siblings.

Sormus: Destiny is good, although your Ambition lacks a person or group associated with it. Is there anyone who would try to stop you from rallying other Zintar under your banner? Also still need to multiply your base 150dm by how many callings you took. Don't see any other mistakes in your sheet though. Might want to fix the format of you carapace stats though.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

By Heuson I'm still tempted to buy a robot or motorcycle :v:

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Astus posted:

Getsuya: Looks good, although as I mentioned previously ambitions should have a "Face" attached to them, either a specific person or an organization or group. If your ambition is to "To create a cheap and accessible way to manufacture Ambrosia, making it available to places that currently cannot afford it due to its prohibitive costs", who or what is stopping you from completing that goal?

True. Let's make this a fight against 'Big Pharmacy'. Everyone knows big medicine companies are only in it for the profits :tinfoil:

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
WIP - still need to do epithet, destiny, ambitions and gear.

pre:
Name: Aspasia
Epithet: 
Race: Nymphas

Profession: Nymphas Thief
Destiny:
Fate: Kill the love of your life.
Money: 500dm

Disadvantages:

Internal      (2)   Narcissism. Aspasia loves to be told how clever and infamous her capers are, to the 
                    point where she lets herself be deceived by those who feed her ego.

Relationship  (1)   Aspasia's youngest sibling, Leander, holds a grudge against her for abandoning him
                    to the Messene authorities during a botched theft. He will do anything to see her 
                    suffer.

Relationship  (2)   Aspasia's feuding family knows of her deeds and both sides will try and rope her into
                    helping them destroy the other.

Ambitions:

INT: +1
WIL: -1
CHA: +4
STR: -1
DYN: -5

HP: 18
Hero Points: 13

Divine Powers:

Golden Tongue
You are incredibly charming and well loved. Receive +2 on all social interaction rolls where you are 
allowed to speak, particularly in the presence of a crowd.

Skills:

Athletics (DEX/SPD/STR): +4
Deception (CHA/INT): +6
Disable Mechanism (DEX): +7
Drive [automobile] (DEX): +3
Etiquette [Nymphas]: +7
Evade (DEX): +7
Influence (CHA): +7
Investigate/Search (CHA/INT/PER): +4
Pilot [transport] (DEX): +1
Profession [thief] (DEX): +10
Sleight of Hand (DEX/PER): +4
Speak Language [Nymphas, native] (INT): +7
Speak Language [Hellene, fluent] (INT): +5
Stealth (DEX): +10
Weapon [melee] (CR): +7

Talents:

Aura of Wisdom
Add triple your INT (minimum of +3) to CHA when determining Reaction Rolls.

Quick Hands
Receive triple your DEX (minimum of +3) to rolls pertaining to quick or sleight of hand movements. You 
may also reroll failed rolls of this type a number of times per game equal to your DEX (min +3).

Opportunist
Any time an opponent misses a melee attack against you, you may make an immediate counterattack. This 
attack is out of sequence and still counts as an action taken.

Abilities:

Environmental Familiarity
Travel through water or slipspace at double your normal movement. 
Survive under the high pressure and chilling cold of the ocean depths.
Gain a bonus to hiding in water or slipspace equal to twice your PER (min +2).

Environment Deprivation
When you spend more than four weeks outside of your normal environment, lose a portion of your
connection to the world. For each week beyond the fourth, make a WIL roll DoD-0 or lose 1 point 
from CON. Each week the penalty increases by -1. If your CON falls to -5, immediately fall into 
a coma, staying that way until brought back into your environment (but losing no further Attribute 
points). Healing occurs at a rate of 1 point of CON per day spent in your native environment.

Manipulation
When you touch your flesh to another being, you can secrete a chemical that will make the target more 
pliable to your will. Goregons are resistant to this but other races are susceptible, especially the 
Myrmidons and Zintar. Add double your CHA Attribute for a number of social Influence rolls equal to 4+CON.
[per adventure?]

Symposia
Many Nymphas practice Symposia for one week out of every three months, an event to which all are welcome, 
including other races. The Symposia is a large party held in sacred gathering places (usually in the woods 
or a sacred underwater grotto) where wine and food is available in mass quantities. Depending on the occasion, 
the Symposia could also include games, songs, flute-girls, slaves performing various acts, and hired 
entertainment. A Symposium is overseen by a Symposiarch who decides how strong or diluted the wine for the 
evening will be, depending on whether serious discussions or merely sensual indulgences are planned. Certain 
formalities are observed, most important among which are libations served by nude Nymphas. The Nymphas’ 
ability to manipulate others (see above) is doubled during this period of time in regards to all attending 
the Symposia.

Gear:

Doric Chiton and himation of high fashion quality
Stealth suit
Nymphas thorn blade

Life Path:

Birth: The winter months of Las; Elaphebolion (God: Hestia). Korinthos.

Family: Orphaned and raised self.
Parents were sailors (+1 Pilot).
Family is split and opposed to one another in a feud.
One older and three younger siblings.

Older: You admire them and want to be just like them.
Young: They admire you and follow you wherever you go.
Younger: You share a mutual love for one another.
Youngest: They hate you with a passion.

Special Gift: Parent's chiton clasp.

Divine Heritage: Great-grandparent on father's side was the offspring of a God/Goddess (+3 Glory).

Divine Mark: Eyes of Athenia (Aura of Wisdom talent).

Childhood Encounter: Witnessed the birth of a great beast.

Calling 1: Sailor: Sailor Special Event
While lost in Slipspace you have seen the shores of the underworld and returned to tell the tale (+4 Glory).
4 years.

Calling 2: Sailor: Scholarly Pursuits
Spent several weeks in intense study at the universities of Athenoi (+1 to any INT skill).
1 year.

Calling 3: Rogue: Battle
The Battle of Argos. During a space battle in the Argos system you and your group stormed a pirate outpost 
on an asteroid in the belt. The cramped quarters called for vicious hand-to- hand fighting.
3 years.

Calling 4: Rogue: Relationship
You have found the love of your life. Your lover is missing.
3 years.

Calling 5: Rogue: Rogue Special Event
Crime does pay. You have spent 4 years in prison and learned from the best criminal masterminds the Known 
Worlds have seen. Gain +1 in any skill you see fit. Instead of rolling for age, add four years.

Wol fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 20, 2014

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Is there a Hellas quick-start I can get a look at to get my head around the system? I'm interested and this seems impressively :black101: but am not sure I can bite off a whole new system.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
There is a quick start PDF, actually. It does not have any character creation rules, though, just pre-made characters.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Sweet, thanks!

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
I am going to close recruitment either tomorrow or Friday. If anyone needs more time, let me know before then.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Recruitment is now closed. Picks will be made shortly, so if you still need to come up with a Destiny or something, now's the time.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Right then, here are the Heroes in charge of saving the known worlds or something (Gods help us all).

Xenophon - Hellene Grappler with a cursed family, played by FriarJohn
Callimachus - Myrmidon Hoplite tasked with the challenges of Zeracles, played by Ryuujin
Pierdniecie - Nephelai Legionnaire, played by Dyne
Aranphaon - Myrmidon seeking his family's redemption, played by Epicurius
Kaimachus - Zintar Pilot with Kingly ambitions, played by Sormus

Dyne and Sormus still need to rework your ambitions so that there is a Face for each one, i.e. someone/something/some group that opposes you in achieving that ambition. Feel free to ask the other three players for advice. Everyone else is ok, even if they don't have three ambitions (which is optional).

Now, to help make my job easier, each of you should come up with a fact or rumor about either the planet Lyos, the mysterious group of "brigands" harassing Lyos, the Beast that suddenly showed up immediately after the brigands, or anything you can think of that would apply. You can also decide how much you've heard of each other, seeing as you're all Heroes and your name is already getting around.

The thread should be up sometime this weekend.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Astus posted:

Right then, here are the Heroes in charge of saving the known worlds or something (Gods help us all).

Pierdniecie - Nephelai Legionnaire, played by Dyne

YOU SPELLED MY NAME WRONG

Pierdnięcie. It needs the tail. :v:

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Lyos is known for being the home of the Khresmoi of Bassae, a group of three priestesses who speak to Hadon, but the temple complex has been sealed off to visitors for some time now...

Callimachus -- Xenophon has heard of Callimachus' mighty restraint when tempted by promises of power and influence from an influential lover. Though he is a Myrmidon, he is similar to Xenophon in temperament, a state of affairs that may lead to them butting heads to be the one to prove their strength against a worthy foe!
Pierdniecie -- Already clothed by some of Heuson's divine favor, Xenophon respects the hero, though he considers the use of magic somewhat... boring.
Aranphaon -- Xenophon is also seeking the redemption of his family, and so the Myrmidon's state tugs at the mighty heart of Xenophon.
Kaimachus -- Xenophon has little knowledge of the politics of the Zintar, but having been trained by the Zintar hero Diomedes, he respects those who wish the best for their people, and must battle through obstacles to succeed!

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I heard that Lyos is primarily an agricultural world, known for its production of the wine called "dreamwine", that some people say can give you visions when you drink it, but I've drank it and never gotten any visions. Of course, you know, I'm an ant colony, so my metabolism isn't EXACTLY the same as Hellenes, but...

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Somewhere upon the surface of Lyon lay the temple to Heus known only as the Heart of Thunder; within its walls, the most virtuous of his acolytes pray for his favor, and face a challenge that is not spoken of outside its walls that will lead the faithful to a seer known as Keraun, a Nephelai who was birthed from a storm cloud that shattered the island upon which he dwells. He is the one who has been given vision of the Trials of Thunder, and is the only one who may guide a potential champion to ultimate favor with the lord of lightning.

Also, the Lyonites have a severe dislike of myrmidions, but due to the power of Keraun, absolutely adore Nephelai.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Beast of Lyros a great shaggy thing, of unknown species, arrived not long after the brigands. It has terrorized the countryside and I have heard that the very ground trembles with every step of its mighty feet, and that its breath can turn Hellenes to stone. Whether true or not it sounds like a mighty challenge that I may need to investigate.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
People say that the group of brigands harassing Lyos are remnants of a failed expedition to find the lost temple of Pachus. Originally they were a smaller group, but they've either recruited other madmen or have found a way to infect madness to their captives. According to some, the Temple of Pachus was originally for Hadon, but later rededicated to Hestia.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Thread is now up, go ahead and start the showboating.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Bumping the thread so it doesn't archive.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Sorry I am going to have to drop out, I just haven't been able to keep up with the thread and don't want to hold things back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Alright, thanks for the heads-up Ryuujin. FireSight, you're up. We're just going to assume you were here the entire time, because the game just started.

• Locked thread