Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

how in the name of gently caress did i make it to lt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

memy posted:

how in the name of gently caress did i make it to lt?

I'm generally decent at keeping my guys alive when its crashed UFOs. Also when you have decent body armor! Ok time to do this base mission.

http://www.twitch.tv/mandozerthegreat

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

We failed the mission but managed to pull out with 2 soldiers and 6 laser rifles. I could have won but forgot to bring c4 to pop the base gen after we lost 6 soldiers 3 at a time to hand grenades. poo poo was bananas. Then the aliens found panama base which was undefended cause we needed everyone at cyprus, then we lost 3 more continents and we lost the game rip.

Starting anew this time in Cuba with one base.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Hog Butcher signing up for duty, requesting a full bag of throwable ordinance,a high throwing stat, and a complete disregard for all life

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hog Butcher posted:

Hog Butcher signing up for duty, requesting a full bag of throwable ordinance,a high throwing stat, and a complete disregard for all life

I don't like to use dedicated grenadiers. But I'll give you a shotgun and when we're in a pinch I'll have you be one of the 3 soldiers who all throw grenades at a lizard man cause its easier than shooting him! Oh yeah we already are on the way to unlocking improved body armor and its halfway through month one. gently caress the tank.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I will appreciate this because I'm not even a soldier, I'm a forklift operator who snuck onto the skyranger.

I didn't like shotguns at first in xenonauts because i'm used to firaxis xcom not letting you move after shooting, but drat they own when you get in the proper mindset.

can you arm grenades and make kamakazis in this? i couldn't find out how to

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hog Butcher posted:

I will appreciate this because I'm not even a soldier, I'm a forklift operator who snuck onto the skyranger.

I didn't like shotguns at first in xenonauts because i'm used to firaxis xcom not letting you move after shooting, but drat they own when you get in the proper mindset.

can you arm grenades and make kamakazis in this? i couldn't find out how to

You can arm c4 that way yes. I've never done it cause I value my soldiers lives! Generally. If there's a critical situation though I'll have someone arm a brick and throw it even if it'll kill him/other soldiers if it'll let me win the mission. Also taking a break atm. We had a pretty great first month thus far.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 21, 2014

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i want to be the shield bitch who gets put on ufo breaching duty

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Holy poo poo I'm not even gonna bother timging these posts, I'm just gonna link to a imgur photo album everytime I do this poo poo. I took 63 screenshots and that only covered an hours worth of missions. I got like 2-3 more to go then I got the illfated terror mission and the base mission to recap. Then the new games poo poo. Oh boy.

edit: here ya go
http://imgur.com/a/51Xqs

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 21, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i want to be the shield bitch who gets put on ufo breaching duty

k

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

streaming again gonna hammer out some missions http://www.twitch.tv/mandozerthegreat

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Dongslayer, I blew you up with double grenades by accident. Whoops.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
RIP Love Stole the Day.

He was the best shooter in the team. He sucked at running, though.

Sigh :c

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Love Stole the Day posted:

RIP Love Stole the Day.

He was the best shooter in the team. He sucked at running, though.

Sigh :c

You just died again. Last 3 missions of new game.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

simsense cumshots posted:

Dongslayer, I blew you up with double grenades by accident. Whoops.

a fitting end

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Actually here's how we are looking now. I've lost track of how many times i've restarted for one reason or another.

You died fighting an Alien Officer. Specifically you went in and shot the poo poo out of him and he responded by gutting you with plasma fire. We got him back for you.

This is the longest loving Zoq Fot Pik has ever lasted. This is the most successful game I have going on thus far. We had jackal armor produced in month 1, laser weapons unlocked the same month or early month 2, and month 3 we were fully decked out with lasers. The only reason we lost 2 guys last mission was my fault. I had 3 men going to breach and 3 off to the main entrance and we had 2 lizardpeople waiting for us. Lost 2 immedietely and then mopped up. NBD you get planes and poo poo named after you.

Oh yeah for the first to fall, he got the tank named after him. We've also lost one tank the same mission we lost silver alacorn. It literally drove up and a lizard dude on the second floor of some building blew it up in a burst of fire, really lucky there. We could have lost so many more people during this night mission but we managed to pull through with only one casualty. Lots of wounded though. The medal you got was one for killing 5 aliens (culmative). There's also one for killing 5 in one mission, no ones got this yet though in previous playthroughs my rocket dude got one.

Meanwhile.

Gonna be doing something bout it this coming month. Also the fate of I poo poo WHEN I CUM.

A loving zombie. You also poo poo out a Reaper when you came (got shot to bits) and we killed it too.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 24, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Lost another person to a reaper and then the team died, bobby the rookie killed one of us before he went though. Also gently caress this game for real, now it thinks I have no soldiers in Cuba base. rip this game restart again aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 24, 2014

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
Yeah! Feels good to get back out there.

Doesn't feel so good getting shot to poo poo, but that's par for the course.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

simsense cumshots posted:

I'll let you know if you owned or died like a bitch.

Did I die yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Did I die yet?

no but i should get someone named after you today since I'm STREAMING THIS poo poo NOW http://www.twitch.tv/mandozerthegreat

• Locked thread