Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Boost

This thing looks like some kind of wacky alien machine. If it's a robot, then there's a computer in there, and there hasn't been a computer made that I can't hack.

I hope.

[17:59] <Morphball>: Ridley: Boost is the best hacker around though.: 2 = 4dF(+,-,-,x)+3
[18:00] <Ridley>: you'll rue the day Morphy.
[18:00] <Ridley>: But it's been bound
[18:00] <Ridley>: so that's +2
[18:00] <Ridley>: from my pal Sonoda
[18:00] <Ridley>: so 4.

A boost has been generated, and the thing I just hacked can go next.

MollyMetroid fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I just realized that Ponponkona actually needs to act before the bad guys do again. My bad!

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
I am the worst at being knowing what.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona
OOXOO

Ponponkona yanks clear of the lock, but gets sideswiped by the other blades. A flurry of bullets come her way but she easily deflects them, snarling. "Negative damage" beeps a warning signal, "Caution advised."

"CAUTION THIS!"

With a vicious stab, she strikes directly for the indicated point. "ORYYYYAAAA!"

KillPrime !r fudge+5
Krysmbot KillPrime, +/+-+5 = 6 NO ASPECT, which prevents the little dudes from harming her.

KillPrime !r fudge+5
Krysmbot KillPrime, --+/+5 = 4 3 STRESS

Counterattack:
KillPrime !r fudge+4
Krysmbot KillPrime, -//++4 = 4
+2 from weak point to go to +6!

Init to SAM

K Prime fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 4, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sam tries to shove his opponent back, but off balance from the blow he just took, he can't get a solid grip. The construct twists aside, still pressing close. Ponponkona deflects the incoming attacks, but her own counter slams into a forcefield. The shell flickers and dies under her assault, but the thing beneath is unharmed.

Above, Mariko succeeds in binding the sentinel in place, at least momentarily. Its wings flare and twist as it struggles to escape, another piercing whine rising as it resists. It's enough of an opening for Boost, though. These things are advanced, but some things are universal. They're using electromagnetic waves for communication, and that means she can force open a connection of some kind. The thing's architecture is bizarre, but with the dome's systems to back up her own gear, she's got enough processing power to launch a brute force attack. You don't have to understand what the program does if you can tie down all of its resources with random noise. The sentinel wavers, its form breaking up in static, but it isn't out of the fight just yet.

Map | Aspect Tracker | Nonlocality Tracker

Resolving attacks here from last round. You guys keep passing to the bad guys mid-round! Anyways Sam starts this new round.

Defense vs Sam's attack. The one he's fighting will place the boost Cross Counter.
[13:20] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, //-/+5 = 4

Mariko places her aspect!
[13:20] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-//+2 = 1

And Boost gets to hack the crap out of the thing. I'll throw in your other invoke so it takes 6 mental stress and the moderate consequence DoSed.
[13:20] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, //--+2 = 0

Ponponkona attacks, her opponent uses its Forcefield for a +2 and wins the exchange.
[13:20] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +//-+5 = 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

As the fighting continues, there's a sound of whirring motors and the metal clanking on metal as Trinh maneuvers the power suit into the common area. "Where do you need me?"

Meant to include Trinh in the last post. You can invoke him to place Grabbed on an opponent. Sam is still up.

• Locked thread