Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
+ Jorge Soler owns
+ Eric Hosmer running wild owns
+ 1/2 punch of Jaso/Zobrist owns (check out that K:BB ratio
+ Felix/Cueto/Wilson owned

- Waiting to draft a 5th starter really hurt me. In my defense, DeGrom turned out to be a great pitcher irl
- Theilbar's hilarious LOOGY line
- Criminally underused Alexi Ogando
- There's a couple bats I could have waited to draft in later rounds, which would have helped build a better bullpen earlier
- Probably the biggest mistake I made was moving Zobriat to the outfield and drafting LaStella to play 2nd. My plan was to take Ryan Sweeney for RF and at the last second took I LaStella instead :negative:

Thanks for putting this together IP!

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Gorman Thomas posted:

+ Jorge Soler owns
+ Eric Hosmer running wild owns
+ 1/2 punch of Jaso/Zobrist owns (check out that K:BB ratio
+ Felix/Cueto/Wilson owned

- Waiting to draft a 5th starter really hurt me. In my defense, DeGrom turned out to be a great pitcher irl
- Theilbar's hilarious LOOGY line
- Criminally underused Alexi Ogando
- There's a couple bats I could have waited to draft in later rounds, which would have helped build a better bullpen earlier
- Probably the biggest mistake I made was moving Zobriat to the outfield and drafting LaStella to play 2nd. My plan was to take Ryan Sweeney for RF and at the last second took I LaStella instead :negative:

Thanks for putting this together IP!
'sup "My pitcher in this draft sucks but owned in real life" buddy!

Because Mike Fiers kind of owned this season irl.

angrygodofjebus posted:

Baez with a .690 OPS with 28 homers :pwn:

His 2015 Steamer projection is up and it's 29 HR with a .710 OPS. Life imitating art or something...

tadashi fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 6, 2014

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I knew PETCO was going to have a noticeable effect on offence but holy poo poo. I suppose I can also thank it for having the best pitching stats in the NL, but it's kind of annoying having what I thought was a decent offensive team being reduced to a bunch of .240-ish hitters.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Who wants a giant infodump!?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

:bravo:

Interesting stuff. Seeing Chris Sale win for the White Sox warmed the subcockle regions of my heart.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I may not have won the world series, but I swept the AL Cy Young and MVP (I'm assuming that's what the Barry Bonds award is?). That owns.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've always thought it's dumb that pitchers have their own award and batters technically don't but in OOTP the MVP is actually the Batter of the Year so I just gave it a fitting name. Rookie of the year is actually the only award that doesn't need to be renamed for accuracy, the defaults are "Great Glove" and Batter/Pitcher of the year.

Also

mentholmoose posted:

Roughly 76-86. Pirates own.
Nailed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
OOTP thinks Stephen Strasburg will transform into a combination of Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, and Greg Maddux, so him dominating the league in pitching is no real surprise. In the long-term game I'm playing now (carried over from OOTP13) he retired in 2033 with 399 wins, 5857 strikeouts, 9 Cy Youngs (5 consecutive) and 5 Triple Crowns. Oh, and he broke Nolan Ryan's modern-era single-season strikeout record.

• Locked thread