Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Both Battlegrounds have been awful. Time to discontinue it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
And the gif of Dean Ambrose emerging fro ma car's trunk with a wrench (not even a tire iron, he brought it with him)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No they're not. It was a terribly booked PPV but Christ you people are overdramatic as hell.

First they came for Ziggler, and I did not say anything because I was not a Ziggler mark yet
Then they came for Cesaro, and I did not say anything because really, what are they doing I am speechless
And then they came for the Wyatts and I would just not shut the gently caress up

js86
Jul 22, 2012

Eddie Whitson posted:

To be fair, they shouldn't be pissing away that match on a poo poo PPV like this, so expect the real match at Summerfest

Wasn't Summerfest a few weeks ago?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

He wasn't suppose to win

But he did.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

pressedbunny posted:

I actually did just click on the link which says "change your auto-renew preference here" and it immediately came up with a page saying thank you for choosing to auto-renew. So, yeah.

(I guess I must have turned it off sometime before and forgotten, but still, made me snort laugh to see after tonight.)

yeah I did the same. I quickly clicked it again to turn it off

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Not the best PPV but not horrible either, Really feel like everyone saying they are turning off auto renew is overreacting and SummerSlam should be good.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
every time anyone says the word "odds" in connection with John Cena I just laugh hysterically

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

A BATTLEFIELD OF CHANGE

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Bigass Moth posted:

All of the Wyatts were legit main event RAW guys and now theyre jokes. Good job.

Luke and Rowan (particularly the former) still have a lot of hope, but Bray is totally hosed.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Lol what a 4 minute post show

ProFro
Jun 29, 2008
To be fair most shows where the best match on the card doesn't actually happen end up sucking

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

NEVER TELL ME ABOUT THE ODDS

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MotU posted:

Lol what a 4 minute post show

EVEN THE POST SHOW LEFT ME GOING "WAIT THAT WAS THE FINISH??"

it was a microcosm of the whole show

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Eddie Whitson posted:

To be fair, they shouldn't be pissing away that match on a poo poo PPV like this, so expect the real match at Summerfest

Why couldn't tell have a match here and then have one with bigger stakes at SummerSlam? Why not a ladder match between the two at SummerSlam for the MitB contract? Why did they use this PPV to advertise another PPV?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Cena's post-show interview is literally "I overcame the odds." Straight-faced and soulless. Even Cena knows its a joke by this point.

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.

Kirios posted:

HAHAHAHAHA

That's it? That's the end?

Come on people this is worse than 2014 Royal Rumble. There hasn't been a PPV this bad in a while.

I would say not even close to worst PPV in a while, and certainly not worse than the Rumble. The best match on that PPV was Bryan vs. Bray. That and the Usos/Wyatts cancel each other out. The rest of the Rumble involved the Outlaws beating Brodust on the pre-show, that Cena/Orton train wreck that was the most poo poo on match ever, a terrible Brock vs. Show beatdown, and a really, really meh Rumble outside a handful of spots.

As others have said, the booking was questionable at best, though the match quality was good for the most part.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Carver Crisis posted:

Both Battlegrounds have been awful. Time to discontinue it.

bring back great american bash

or fatal 4way

or uncensored 1995

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
someone suggest me a non-lovely old PPV to watch now to cleanse my palette

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Oh Snapple! posted:

The slight chance of Brock making an appearance was the only reason I even watched that foregone conclusion :(

Plot only happens on the Raw after ppvs silly.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

canadian stampede

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
good times see you tomorrow for raw

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Luke and Rowan (particularly the former) still have a lot of hope, but Bray is totally hosed.

Bray is my favorite dude right now, but man he just doesn't look like anything now. Could you call him a jobber to the stars by this point?

Mr.Booter
Oct 9, 2005
What?

StarkRavingMad posted:

Royal Rumble 2014

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.

Do not even ask posted:

bring back great american bash

or fatal 4way

or uncensored 1995

Oh lord, Great American Bash WWE. :gonk: They just seem to consistently whiff on the PPV lead-in to Summer-fest.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
someone convince me that Bray is still redeemable

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Eddie Whitson posted:

They should've canceled the match before the night of the PPV then or just not booked it at all. Simple and easy. What they ended up doing was the kind of crap WCW would do and piss off the fans and make them lose confidence in the product.

There's no excuse to put on a PPV like that ever. They should hang their heads in shame.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

why do you want people to lie to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
THE CHAMP IS HERE

• Locked thread