Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Hrm, this thing is far more fiddly than the Birthday Gin would have me remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

Halloween Jack posted:

Hrm, this thing is far more fiddly than the Birthday Gin would have me remember.

Yeah, the d12 for attribute rolls is sort of weird because it's completely unprecedented in the system. Based on what I've heard, it's inclusion is due to the fact that the guy behind the game really likes d12s and wishes people used them more.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
I'm thinking we should loot the dead guys and search the bar, plus interrogate the leftover thug and bartender. Is it too risky to stay the night and heal our hurt dudes?

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Hermsgervørden posted:

I'm thinking we should loot the dead guys and search the bar, plus interrogate the leftover thug and bartender. Is it too risky to stay the night and heal our hurt dudes?

You can rest, but you'd best find some other place to do it than the tavern where Durant's people were already waiting for you once. However, since nobody's taken more than two points of damage, you'd be able to heal to full in just an hour or so, provided you got a bite to eat and stretched a bit and so.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

In case anyone's confused, we're currently running on NARRATIVE TIME. I don't think there's currently not enough stuff going on nor people running around to merit going into combat mode, so basically tell me what you're trying to do, and if it'd fall under an attack or an attribute check make the appropriate roll.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Does Voros running need an attribute check?

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

Does Voros running need an attribute check?

Nah, the way I see it that's just you declaring that Voros wants to chase down Aya. The attribute checks come in the Totally Awesome Chase Quick-Time Event, which I just posted in the game thread. :)

By the way, you're allowed to go crazy with the narration of your attribute checks. If you want to use Brawn, describe yourself trying to knock over a cart that is in your way in the street, or simply pushing yourself through the crowd. If you want to use Daring, describe whatever swashbuckling madness you like. As long as the description matches the attribute you're rolling, it's all fair game.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Should we be making a plan to meet back up? It's a little funny to split the party isn't it? Also, I don't know if I managed to apply the magic mushroom earrings or not. I'd like to have done that. :shrug:

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Hermsgervørden posted:

Should we be making a plan to meet back up? It's a little funny to split the party isn't it? Also, I don't know if I managed to apply the magic mushroom earrings or not. I'd like to have done that. :shrug:

Well, if Voros and Vorlash are going to be returning to the tavern to interrogate their new prisoner that would be a natural way for you to regroup. However, I could also split the party, making another thread for the others, and then conveniently get you all back together right before the thrilling conclusion of this episode.

Oh yeah, the mushroom earrings: yes, you totally did it. I got so caught up in everything else going on that I forgot to address that part specifically.. The barkeep and Ratclip now have mushroom earrings.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Ratpick posted:

Well, if Voros and Vorlash are going to be returning to the tavern to interrogate their new prisoner that would be a natural way for you to regroup. However, I could also split the party, making another thread for the others, and then conveniently get you all back together right before the thrilling conclusion of this episode.

Oh yeah, the mushroom earrings: yes, you totally did it. I got so caught up in everything else going on that I forgot to address that part specifically.. The barkeep and Ratclip now have mushroom earrings.

My plan was to grab the prisoner, and take her back to what is probably the safest spot in the city that we know at the moment: inside the illusion-hid basement room/tunnel system. You know, exactly where Durant wouldn't expect us to be staying after being ambushed there.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Edit: phoneposting bad

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 15, 2014

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

Voros

The giant man scales the building at a slow, methodical pace, arriving as Vorlash is tying up the would be assassin.

He brushes an errant lock of hair from her face, aaying "Aya, it pains me to see you on the opposite side."

Other thread you goof :P

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Apologies for the lack of posting for a couple of days: I just started a new job yesterday, and I was completely pooped after work last night. I will update the game thread once I get back home tonight.

Also, the game has largely turned into a Voros' and Vorlash side-quest at this point, so I'd like to ask the other members of the group: would you Iike me to make a separate thread for Denola, Draco and Gob's trek trough the sewers, or should I keep running both groups in the same thread? Regardless, I'm confident that I can bring both groups back together in time for the thrilling conclusion of the episode, and in the meanwhile I'll adjust all encounters to group size so you won't be overwhelmed by the enemies you run into while split up.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
I'd say keep it in the one thread. Will post with effort myself later today!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Sorry for splitting the party, guys :ohdear:

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Are we still going?

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
I don't think we are. :( Halloween Jack hasn't posted in a long long while, and it seemed to me that Denola and Gob can't really do much without at least knowing if Draco was going down into the tunnels with us or not. I suppose this is a problem with PbP. If the all the players don't contribute, it's paralyzing for the whole game. I'm not sure if this is something PbP DMs usually do, but I think our game could have been helped if after a suitable length of time without action by a player, the DM just declares that the character is overcome with indecision or distracted by a fly or something, and advances the action without player input.

I know that might be problematic, and potentially unfun, but I was having a enjoying this game and excited to finally be trying out an RPG. I liked the system and it's simplicity, and I even bought the comics Ratpick mentioned. I'm all for resuming if Ratpick still wants to run it. If not everyone wants to go on, we could re-open recruitment?

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Hermsgervørden posted:

I don't think we are. :( Halloween Jack hasn't posted in a long long while, and it seemed to me that Denola and Gob can't really do much without at least knowing if Draco was going down into the tunnels with us or not. I suppose this is a problem with PbP. If the all the players don't contribute, it's paralyzing for the whole game. I'm not sure if this is something PbP DMs usually do, but I think our game could have been helped if after a suitable length of time without action by a player, the DM just declares that the character is overcome with indecision or distracted by a fly or something, and advances the action without player input.

I know that might be problematic, and potentially unfun, but I was having a enjoying this game and excited to finally be trying out an RPG. I liked the system and it's simplicity, and I even bought the comics Ratpick mentioned. I'm all for resuming if Ratpick still wants to run it. If not everyone wants to go on, we could re-open recruitment?

Yeah, sorry about dropping off the radar. I just kind of got disheartened by the lack of reaction from some players. I would definitely be up for resuming this game, and since Halloween Jack has seemed to have dropped out, we can resume the action without Draco. I don't think there's any reason to recruit more players at this hour. I'll make a post in the game thread and see if we get the ball rolling again!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Well, I'm definitely up for more posting. I was actually a little worried no one had caught my post in the MIA thread and we were all waiting on me :downs:

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
I promised an effort post I never made, because I realized it assumed Draco was coming along and I felt like I would be making decisions for other players, which isn't nice, is it? Also, once we get the party back together, let's not split it again, eh? It's at least half my fault too. Should we have a roll call? We have Voros, Vorlash, and Denola for certain, Ryuujin are you still in? Halloween Jack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah still in and just posted some teeth cleaning dagger action, and some conversation that hopefully won't blow up in Gob's face.

• Locked thread