Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
SEAN!
I didnt expect that. I was rooting for Kini or Amanda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...
I did. I'm with Nick Verreos: Sean was pretty much the golden boy/winner from the beginning. After he won the challenge based on an outfit where he only made the pants (and the part they raved about was the shirt that Kini actually made and Sean even flat out told them that Kini deserved the win for that challenge), it was pretty clear that the judges were infatuated with their idea of him/his potential. He would have had to screw up pretty severely to lose this, I think.

However, this was a pretty underwhelming season - I honestly would have been fine with any of the final four winning. Kini and Char had my favorite two individual looks (this and this), but I didn't really have a favorite overall collection. They've all been pretty inconsistent with highs and lows throughout the season, and while they each had some impressive moments, nobody really hooked me as ~the one. Tim kept saying this was the most talented season, but... eh.

As I said before, I guess I was rooting for Kini, but not enough that I was particularly bothered when they cut him.

Also, chillest final four ever, y/y? It was kinda weird/cool seeing a finale where nobody melted down into cattiness or backstabbing. I think that's why the editors went so hard with the ~Char is in over her head/undeserving~ storyline, because there was no legit villain after Korina left. Kinda backfired on me a little, because I feel like there must be something to her talent if Tim Gunn was willing to be so obviously in her corner all season. Clearly, however, most viewers bought into it - she had, what, 4% of viewers rooting for her? Ouch.

Also, her new haircut was so great and made me sad that short hair looks so dumb on me. I love Char's personal style so much.

I still wish we could have seen Fade's collection in motion, from the initial photos it was my favorite - but my opinion always changes somewhat after seeing the looks actually walk.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Had to work late so I still haven't seen it. When I saw that there were only 2 posts, I breathed a sigh of relief - Char hadn't won. Yeah, it was either Sean or Kini - I liked Kini more but hey, not Char is all I could hope for tonight.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I had it
1- Sean
2- Kini
3- Amanda
4- Char

Would've been fine with Kini winning but really like Sean's better. I think I've pretty much been pulling for him ever since the Rainway.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Sean - I liked his colors, his stylings, and the concept wasn't terrible, but I was really tired of the fringe by outfit #6. I'd limit it to uses of 3 fringe: the early white one, the white with the fringe backstab, and then the final orange dress. I feel like it his lack of restraint made that final fringe dress less of a wow than it should have been. Other than that, good editorial collection.

Kini - The denim fringe didn't do it for me, and neither did his (over)use of horsehair. I'd say I liked his outfits proportionally to how much embellishment they had. He needed an editor.

Amanda - I did not like much of anything Amanda did this season, but I thought her final collection was cool. Her style was definitely there, and I liked her color palate, her use of the suede, and her color blocking, which was all a lot less excessive than it had been. I wish she had gotten Nina's "go more couture" criticism two weeks earlier. Her custom knit and the pops of jewel tones among the overwhelming earth tones were probably the highlights for me. I could have taken or left her heavier looks.

Char -

Char was the least talented of the final four, the executive meddling was stupid, and a couple of other designers probably deserved her spot. That said, I think a lot of her criticism was racist bullshit. When Patricia made a dress with native american stylings, the judges fell over themselves to talk about how she was expressing her culture and being true to herself. Whenever Char made a dress with black american stylings, she was called out for being "too hoochie". There were other perfectly acceptable criticisms of her looks, for sure, but too hoochie isn't one of them.

Anyway. Char had some of the strongest looks out there: the two hoodie dresses and the two dresses made with the print she got in Italy. Shame that the other half of her collection was terrible. I cringed at the FLY poo poo and the execution on her final look. Ugh. Still, who thought she'd show this well? This was probably my favorite set of back-to-back looks in all four shows:

(That model's styling is spot on, too.)
Much like everything else about this season, I'd have a hard time picking a winner. I'd have probably gone with Amanda.

Project Runway Season 13: It's The season of the Vagina.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Kind of sad that I decided to read who won here instead of actually watching the finale. I'm glad Sean won and I would've been happy if Kini'd won, too. I'll probably watch the runway segment of the finale whenever I feel like getting around to it, but I'm definitely done with PR as a whole and it bums me out a little bit.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I would have been genuinely shocked that Amanda didn't win had I not seen her tone-deaf and absolutely awful collection. If I'm being totally frank Sean's win almost seemed by default. What a terrible season.

Threads had a recording error so I missed it. drat, right?

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Threads had a recording error so I missed it. drat, right?

Not to worry! It's available online at http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-threads to watch in all its glory...

Active666
Apr 3, 2009
Ugh, Threads was an absolute mess, can't see myself watching another episode of that.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Is Threads an ongoing competition like PR or is it a new group of kids each week?

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

criscodisco posted:

Is Threads an ongoing competition like PR or is it a new group of kids each week?

Judging from the previews, it's a new group each week. I'm just pretty certain that I won't continue watching to find out for sure. If your reality show has kids crying from the pressure within the first 15 minutes, your producers must be complete sociopaths.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

DominoDancing posted:

Judging from the previews, it's a new group each week. I'm just pretty certain that I won't continue watching to find out for sure. If your reality show has kids crying from the pressure within the first 15 minutes, your producers must be complete sociopaths.

Right, can not believe they made them do two looks in one day. Not to mention the winner talking poo poo on his mom.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I was hoping it didn't have a new batch every week, because I pulled the old "oh no I totally can't believe I forgot to record that" on my partner, hoping he wouldn't want to watch if he missed the first episode. He's so profoundly addicted to reality TV, that he still thinks PR is the greatest thing on TV, and refuses to hear any different. He's got a whole flock of people on facebook agreeing with him saying "Korina needs to just stop being a bitch and accept that Char is the better designer that's why she's still there". Sigh, the things you learn to just accept in other halves after 15 years.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

criscodisco posted:

He's got a whole flock of people on :2bong: agreeing with him saying "Korina needs to just stop being a bitch and accept that Char is the better designer that's why she's still there". Sigh, the things you learn to just accept in other halves after 15 years.

:catstare:

I'm only married 3 years. You're scaring me.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

PFlats posted:

:catstare:

I'm only married 3 years. You're scaring me.

Welcome to being old as hell. I welcome you. We've been together so drat long I just don't even know how to take it.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
This is hilariously similar to my situation because my wife of 14 years is also on the love-Char train and I just can't even...

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Project Runway Thread: Ending Marriages for 14 seasons.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
So, I was thinking:

If Char didn't get the save, who after her would have actually deserved one? A reminder of the looks eliminated post-Char that I stole from a giraffe:

Samantha:

Fädë:

Sandhya:

Alexander:

Zac:

Korina (let's pretend that Char thing never happened):

Emily (but seriously, final 5 wouldn't get a save):

The only person I'd consider giving one to is Sandhya.

Wait! Come back!

She deserved to go, but it's crap to give someone positive commentary over and over again, then immediately penalize them for the same thing. I think Tim, being a (former) teacher, would feel the same way. She deserved a chance to at least hear that they decided they didn't like her crazy-rear end style all of a sudden before getting booted.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 31, 2014

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

PFlats posted:

So, I was thinking:

If Char didn't get the save, who after her would have actually deserved one? A reminder of the looks eliminated post-Char that I stole from a giraffe:

Samantha:

Fädë:

Sandhya:

Alexander:

Zac:

Korina (let's pretend that Char thing never happened):

Emily (but seriously, final 5 wouldn't get a save):

Wait! Come back!

She deserved to go, but it's crap to give someone positive commentary over and over again, then immediately penalize them for the same thing. I think Tim, being a (former) teacher, would feel the same way. She deserved a chance to at least hear that they decided they didn't like her crazy-rear end style all of a sudden before getting booted.

I actually like some of the decoy collections more than the finalists' ones. Had Sandhya been saved and made it to the end, she could have had a chance, although I think Sean would have still won because of his collection storyline and cohesion.

Sandhya had an interesting collection though: http://tomandlorenzo.com/2014/09/sandhyas-project-runway-season-13-finale-collection/

I would have saved Fäde. He really messed up when he got eliminated but he made interesting stuff the rest of the season, way better than stuff Char was making. His decoy collection was my favorite of all of them: http://tomandlorenzo.com/2014/09/fade-zu-graus-project-runway-season-13-finale-collection/

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Actually I like Sandhya's collection a lot, except for the two pieces where the skirt/dress is in two radically different chunks.

Maybe being eliminated allows the decoy collections to really go in whatever direction they want with no censure.

I wonder if decoy designers also get a family visit from Tim?

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
Korina still a bitch. And that's not a term of endearment

Say what you want about producer interference - she behaved horribly and didn't redeem herself at the reunion in my opinion.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I would have given it to Fade. He was an interesting weirdo, which is worth keeping around late in the game as all the real contenders get more cautious and fall into a rut.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
So are we going to have a seperate thread for All-Stars? After the first episode I'm already more excited about it than I was the entire season 13. (I skipped the reunion special, was it worth watching just to re-cap the Korina/Char drama?)

Concerning All-Stars: Sad to see Patricia go so early, Kate sucks and should have gone home just because I don't like her. Patricia's designs might be a little out-there but she always does something interesting (excpet this challenge) and brings a very positive energy to the competition.

Also I'm excited by the season preview at the end of the episode. A Wicked challenge! Nina as guest judge being her snarkiest! Hell yeah. Although I will miss Tim, after this past tired season it's fun to watch PR without Tim/Heidi/Zac/Nina's same poo poo.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
I don't think we'll need a second thread, though it would be nice if the thread title could be adjusted.

How good is it to have Chris March back on the screen? He just seems to be the nicest guy on earth!

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

PFlats posted:

So, I was thinking:

Wait! Come back!

Yeah, honestly this was why I was always a little surprised when I saw someone fully buying into the "undeserving Char, she's so terrible" narrative. If not her, then who? And keep in mind that a lot of us saying Fade or Sandhya are only doing so because we got to see their dummy collections. Obviously, how would Tim know at the time that Fade was going to put out the (imo) best final collection and keep his save for him?

I think the whole "controversy" about Char being undeserving was largely manufactured by production because they knew this season was really underwhelming. They didn't keep the cliche "bitch" of Korina til the end, but the finale always needs a villain. It's just hilarious that it was supposed to be Char.

I'm just really baffed as to how Alexander was fan favorite. Dude said like 5 lines of dialogue until his elimination episode, and he managed to coast in the middle for the entire season. He was a non-entity, this is like if one of those first-eliminated designers somehow won fan favorite.

Anyhow, about All-Stars: Meh. I really only liked Fabio's design, so I'm glad it won. Happy to see him, Dmitry, and Chris March. It's weird how I know that I watched S11 (I remember Patricia) but everyone else from 11 is a total mystery to me. You could tell me they were brand new to the show and I'd believe you 100%. I didn't remember Amanda either, before this last season. Did someone do a mind-wipe post S11?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Pooptimus Prime posted:

Yeah, honestly this was why I was always a little surprised when I saw someone fully buying into the "undeserving Char, she's so terrible" narrative. If not her, then who? And keep in mind that a lot of us saying Fade or Sandhya are only doing so because we got to see their dummy collections. Obviously, how would Tim know at the time that Fade was going to put out the (imo) best final collection and keep his save for him?

I think the whole "controversy" about Char being undeserving was largely manufactured by production because they knew this season was really underwhelming. They didn't keep the cliche "bitch" of Korina til the end, but the finale always needs a villain. It's just hilarious that it was supposed to be Char.

I'm just really baffed as to how Alexander was fan favorite. Dude said like 5 lines of dialogue until his elimination episode, and he managed to coast in the middle for the entire season. He was a non-entity, this is like if one of those first-eliminated designers somehow won fan favorite.

Anyhow, about All-Stars: Meh. I really only liked Fabio's design, so I'm glad it won. Happy to see him, Dmitry, and Chris March. It's weird how I know that I watched S11 (I remember Patricia) but everyone else from 11 is a total mystery to me. You could tell me they were brand new to the show and I'd believe you 100%. I didn't remember Amanda either, before this last season. Did someone do a mind-wipe post S11?

Alexander was a college student and it was all online voting, so I think he just had all his classmates vote a million times every week.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Pooptimus Prime posted:

Yeah, honestly this was why I was always a little surprised when I saw someone fully buying into the "undeserving Char, she's so terrible" narrative.

I think it was the combination of getting the Tim Gunn (day late) Save and then the whole deal with getting the extra time when the zipper ripped.

Also I think Fade was a more popular choice with viewers even without having seen the final collections, I know he was for me.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Kekekela posted:

I think it was the combination of getting the Tim Gunn (day late) Save and then the whole deal with getting the extra time when the zipper ripped.

Also I think Fade was a more popular choice with viewers even without having seen the final collections, I know he was for me.

Disclaimer: I just recently re-read the old fourfour S2/3 recaps (and the ANTM ones, my brain is basically jelly now) as I've been sick and laid up in bed this week so I'm probably just feeling more nostalgic/bored enough than most to think about this. Don't mind me!

He was easily my favorite looking back at the season now, but it's pretty hard to deny that he pretty much eliminated himself. Would Tim have even used a save on someone who was so clearly giving up?

The zipper thing is just weird because they all could have said no. It's a bit stupid to complain of favoritism (not saying you are, but it's what I see elsewhere) when A) he would have likely given the same reaction/choice had it been any other designer (I think it was more for the model's sake, tbh) and B) he did give the other designers the option to veto the extra time.

People are always gonna be grumpy if their fave doesn't get the save, it's just the producers went extra to try and build it up this season because there wasn't much else to talk about by the end. It worked, I guess, because the sentiment I saw a lot of places was "I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Char" and it's just kind of silly as she's not a bad designer. There were far worse designers who managed to coast and then win fan favorite, but that's not the narrative, you know?

IDK, to me it's just like... reason blah-billion why Lifetime's handling of PR is so annoying. Make your forced plot points a little less transparent, production!

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Pooptimus Prime posted:

Disclaimer: I just recently re-read the old fourfour S2/3 recaps (and the ANTM ones, my brain is basically jelly now) as I've been sick and laid up in bed this week so I'm probably just feeling more nostalgic/bored enough than most to think about this. Don't mind me!

He was easily my favorite looking back at the season now, but it's pretty hard to deny that he pretty much eliminated himself. Would Tim have even used a save on someone who was so clearly giving up?

The zipper thing is just weird because they all could have said no. It's a bit stupid to complain of favoritism (not saying you are, but it's what I see elsewhere) when A) he would have likely given the same reaction/choice had it been any other designer (I think it was more for the model's sake, tbh) and B) he did give the other designers the option to veto the extra time.

People are always gonna be grumpy if their fave doesn't get the save, it's just the producers went extra to try and build it up this season because there wasn't much else to talk about by the end. It worked, I guess, because the sentiment I saw a lot of places was "I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Char" and it's just kind of silly as she's not a bad designer. There were far worse designers who managed to coast and then win fan favorite, but that's not the narrative, you know?

IDK, to me it's just like... reason blah-billion why Lifetime's handling of PR is so annoying. Make your forced plot points a little less transparent, production!

The designers were really put on the spot with that question though. I don't think they would have said yes if they'd had a moment to think about it. It never should have gone to them - the producers made a designer send a model out wearing nothing on top but a scrap of fabric tucked under a jacket once. It was just that this was a non-professional model so they felt bad, but they didn't want to look like the bad guys so they kicked responsibility to the designers.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
So I've got PRAS S3 marathonning in the background while I'm doing other poo poo, and I gotta say it's not that bad. Definitely one of the better starts to a PR in recent memory. The judging makes absolute sense even if the designs are still below-average for the most part. And Patricia being eliminated first was exactly as satisfying as I thought it'd be. Incidentally none of the designers are annoying me either!

Now watch the actual new ep be terrible :sigh:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, I'm liking All Stars. Maybe it's just that this past season was bad enough to scare TLo away forever (I wonder if they'll still go to the show at fashion week, though). But, I think the designs are mostly decent-to-good, Alexandria's boot made my heart sing, and Dmitry can stay on my TV all day every day :allears:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I've really been enjoying All-Stars 4, but Alexandria and Chris March were my favorites from their seasons ._.

I'm digging all the Season 10 representation though, that's the only season I didn't watch. I had no idea it was going on until I saw an article about the winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Now watch the actual new ep be terrible :sigh:

Nina shows up and the judging goes haywire. I think we can confirm who's supplying crack to the PR judges. At least it's a one-off and not a permanent change.

• Locked thread