Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

T: Add :synpa: to your mana pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'm also going to have to agree with dirty job. heartstone simply has more depth and complexity than magic. it's a great game and i would urge you to make the switch op.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I play with a Chronatog/Stasis deck whenever I find a place that does Legacy and although it's easy as hell to beat if you know what's coming it definitely has hosed with a LOT of people in its time.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Dirty Job posted:

I used to be pretty invested in mtg for a while but after maybe a year hiatus and playing hearthstone I can definitely say that hearthstone is the superior game. It's well balanced, the meta is constantly changing despite new cards only just showing up, and removing mana from the cards means you're always drawing something interesting. In this day and age, a game like mtg just feels slow and outdated, and its obnoxious nerd player base is the worst. Not to say hearthstone players aren't nerds, I just don't have to see/smell/hear them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HSoSBle8AQ

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nice honeypot thread btw op.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

LaTex Fetish posted:

lol drat everything you just said is wrong.

zen death robot posted:

didn't you get booted out for harassing some poor woman not too long ago?

Tell us more about how you're so good at magical cards that you beat casuals at the local game store that is gracious enough to let you keep coming despite your definite goon-ish appearance and your propensity towards harassing women.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i'd really appreciate it if we can stop goon-shaming itt, tia

Soral
May 30, 2009

i play magic the gathering with my friends once in a while :)

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

me too bud. best way to play unless ur going for dat moolah

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Dirty Job posted:

Tell us more about how you're so good at magical cards that you beat casuals at the local game store that is gracious enough to let you keep coming despite your definite goon-ish appearance and your propensity towards harassing women.

what exactly are you good at, fucktard.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait, your playing constructed and consider what your doing to be "competitive"? gently caress off, OP.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Wait, your playing constructed and consider what your doing to be "competitive"? gently caress off, OP.

i play legacy and limited. but i understand what youre saying because limited is really the best way 2 play

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
wait, you're playing casual legacy tournaments?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

well legacy is obviously less casual than normal. but it's no grand prix. not a walk in the park either, tho. people run the usual staples of playsets of underground seas, forces of will, etc

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My lgs (local game store) banned me because I used to print out my own cards with more health and costing less mana

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

ay caramba

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Scyther posted:

what exactly are you good at, fucktard.

I make a pretty good beef wellington

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

ˇJajajajajajajaja juegos de cartas coleccionables!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

obstipator posted:

My lgs (local game store) banned me because I used to print out my own cards with more health and costing less mana

lol

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Scyther posted:

hearthstone really only has one tiny problem, which is being a goddamn simplistic turd free to play collectible card game by blizzard. i'm not saying magic isnt bad, but hearthstone is literally gaming cancer.

nah it's good, try it and watch trump play, he's good and chill

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
isochron scepter makes legacy fun and amusing but don't pay real money for cards.

tell the story about you harassing a woman or someone else tell it

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

im jealous of you op

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

chaosbreather posted:

nah it's good, try it and watch trump play, he's good and chill

great, who gives a gently caress

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

still playing europa universalis? haha bro check out candy crush saga it's so much better

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

still playing europa universalis 3? haha bro check out europa universalis 4 it's so much better

magic's obsolete now bro sorry, it's the blackberry of card games

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

chaosbreather posted:

still playing europa universalis 3? haha bro check out europa universalis 4 it's so much better

magic's obsolete now bro sorry, it's the blackberry of card games

if magic is a blackberry, this is hearthstone:

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Maybe you should take the rest of it to build/playtest a new deck. Git gud as it were.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

my computer already runs solitaire, thanks though

Soral
May 30, 2009

hearthstone is garbage and people who enjoy it are also garbage

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i haven't touched a magic card since the ice age expansion back in the 90's and i am the better for that.

i played a red/blue deck, i was one of those people.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 26, 2014

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
take an Anarch deck next time OP they aren't as good in teh meta right now

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
just play fairys with dumb tech and troll noobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

stoutfish posted:

just play fairys with dumb tech and troll noobs

isochron scepter with orim's chant is about as much of a dick move as you can do and is less effort

i played cockatrice for a while with my friends and we moved to modern just because i kept pulling poo poo like that

and that one elf who can play any creature card in the game for free, combined with the 13 cost dudes

• Locked thread