Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doogle
May 24, 2003

Oil pressure/temp guage installed. I also gave up trying to get the cruise control light to turn off. It stays on with the light grounded as well as +12v to it.

I installed a rocker switch for full boost/wastegate pressure. It works on the fly, I don't have to power cycle the ECU or anything.

To do list:

New VSS connector, new VSS if that doesn't work.
Cut hood so the turbo will fit under it
Reclear roof
Install side skirts
Send my 130 amp alternator back to get repaired (charges the car but the battery light is always on)
Make a full 1/4 mile pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doogle
May 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhTYCaLC1kY

2nd to 3rd gear pull on wastegate pressure (~410ish hp)

doogle
May 24, 2003

I cleaned the engine bay up a bit and found a spot for the Spal relay box and fuse to sit. I also replaced the VSS pigtail, which fixed my speedo problems. I'm sending the alternator off to be replaced on Monday, but I'll be out of the country for a few months so don't expect any updates for a while. I did a full quarter mile run as well, but the track prep was poo poo and the track was set for 1/8 mile so my slip didn't give me my trap speed for the quarter. It was:

60' - 2.2
1/8 ET - 6.9
1/8 MPH - 108
1/4 ET - 11.2

I was pretty far up the rev range in 4th going through the 1/4, so I'd guesstimate it was going high 130s. Next mods will be aero, I can feel the rear squatting real bad at speed. Reinstalling the front bumper/hood, getting a CCC street wing and either a bumper diffuser (SPEED HOLES) or chop the rear bumper up so it doesn't trap air. All that should pick up a couple MPH.

To do list:

New VSS connector, new VSS if that doesn't work.
Cut hood so the turbo will fit under it
Reclear roof
Install side skirts
Send my 130 amp alternator back to get repaired (charges the car but the battery light is always on)
Make a full 1/4 mile pass

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

doogle posted:

1/8 MPH - 108

Holy gently caress. :stonkhat:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

some texas redneck posted:

Holy gently caress. :stonkhat:

That about covers it. That was my trap speed in the 1/4 in my Miata... and that was a quick car... :stare:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I want a ride in this thing so bad.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Wrar posted:

I want a ride in this thing so bad.

Just make sure you wear Kevlar undies, don't want to pucker a hole in them. :)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

doogle posted:

I also replaced the VSS pigtail, which fixed my speedo problems.

What was the problem here?

I've got my speedo sticking at one speed and occasionally freaking out. I replaced the VSS but I was assuming it was something in the cluster.

e: After reading the thread further I don't think my pigtail was corroded. I should go check though...

doogle
May 24, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What was the problem here?

I've got my speedo sticking at one speed and occasionally freaking out. I replaced the VSS but I was assuming it was something in the cluster.

e: After reading the thread further I don't think my pigtail was corroded. I should go check though...

While the VSS itself does go out sometimes, most of the time it is the pigtail. There is an oring in it that is supposed to keep moisture out, but after ~20 years of heat cycling it is usually shot and traps moisture more than anything. You might get lucky with contact cleaner, but I always buy the $10 ebay pigtail. If you go to the dealership Honda wants you to replace the whole engine harness for about $1500.

I was perusing craigslist and found a b18c1 block for super cheap so I got it as a backup for when this motor fails completely. I'll probably have it sent off to get the cylinder support system installed, which are guaranteed for 500whp but people have been using them for 700+ without issue. $350 for the CSS vs $1200 for full sleeves like I have in the current motor. I'm at the maximum recommended bore on my current block for boost, so if it needs to be machined any larger (it is 85mm right now) it will be good for NA only.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Your car reminds me of my friends old CRX HF turbo B16 build. 400 horse in a 1800lb car was so so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doogle
May 24, 2003

No real updates, I've been really busy at work going all over the country and I'm just bumping it to keep it alive. I'm selling my BMW 135i and the EF civic to buy a friend's Chevy SS for a daily though.

• Locked thread