Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Hog Butcher posted:

i can teach any of you how to play fighting games

I like guile but I'm terrible. How do I improve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Action Tortoise posted:

git good

someone buy ultra street fighter on steam for me

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Action Tortoise posted:

play dee jay and/or learn to buffer (do a sweep but secretly be charging up a flash kick or sonic boom) i am not good at that though, people talk of a technique called reverse edge but i d g a f

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

SeXReX posted:

Im not allowed to like anything with boobs in it ever since having a girlfriend.

hosed up if true

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Schnedwob posted:

hosed up if true

space funeral owns and you might have the best av from it possible

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Doctor Goat posted:

space funeral owns and you might have the best av from it possible

i could say the same about skullgirls/your av so thank you Dr. Goat

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

how to get good at cs: lower your sensitivity the gently caress down, never ever move while shooting or crouch, always click on peoples heads

americong
May 29, 2013

Nanomashoes posted:

how to get good at cs: lower your sensitivity the gently caress down, never ever move while shooting or crouch, always click on peoples heads

you forgot the part where you fail a semester of college because you got good at cs

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

americong posted:

you forgot the part where you fail a semester of college because you got good at cs

but you see, Imp Zoner Americong, that's a game i've already mastered

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

americong posted:

lol if you fail a class in college when professors give out Cs for talking to them sometimes

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've never beaten anyone in an rts, whenever I've finished building up my army, my opponent have like 10x of that already. wtf

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Fat Care-Bear posted:

I've never beaten anyone in an rts, whenever I've finished building up my army, my opponent have like 10x of that already. wtf

anyone who does this is a scrub, don't build up a huge army. deathballing is cool and all but it shouldn't be allowed to happen

build up a little squad of dickhead assholes like zerglings and go run them into your enemy supply lines if it's a starcraft style rts, or if it's dawn of war do containment (put big dudes in towers around their base). cripple their economy instead of trying to fight them.

my old roommate used to turtle terran and i'd let him hit unit cap and all of that and he'd be unstoppable and it'd boggle my mind!!! then i learned five roach rush and poo poo on him so hard i had to stop using it to have fun

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i am really bad at fighting games but i still have a lot of fun playing them so i guess if you can't have fun playing a game maybe its just not a good game / you are a literal child

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

literal children have a lot of fun with all sorts of dumb poo poo so i'm not sure that's accurate.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

also i went and tried to play king of fighters 13 again last night. i did okay in the arcade mode, then tried to do the "advanced" tutorial and tore my hair out.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Nanomashoes posted:

lol if you fail a class in college when professors give out Cs for talking to them sometimes

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
free to play fighting games are the future

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The game of life, op.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

stoutfish posted:

free to play fighting games are the future

Divekick

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
racing games, which is odd because my actual job is driving IRL

I am just terrible at them, even mario kart

I also can't get out of silver league in starcraft 2 but I at least have some fun playing that

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

Also, learn to shoot in short, controlled bursts. If you're holding down the fire button for more than a second at a time you're doing it wrong.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
dark souls 2 pvp. i just go full havel

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

metricchip posted:

Also, learn to shoot in short, controlled bursts. If you're holding down the fire button for more than a second at a time you're doing it wrong.

dude a whole second? that's way too long.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nanomashoes posted:

Also you cna leave your door open and people will come into your dorm and smoke weed and party near you.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

metricchip posted:

thats baby advice for bad players. learn to control recoil so you can hold down the mouse button until the other team dies

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine
what is hit confirm

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

kevin mung posted:

what is hit confirm

It's when you hit someone in a fighting game to see if they are vulnerable and if they are you follow up with a combo, IIRC.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

By vulnerable I mean they'll be vulnerable for the full combo because the hitstun from the confirming hit is long enough to continue into a combo.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

americong posted:

lol'd in real life at your avatar.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Wormskull posted:

By vulnerable I mean they'll be vulnerable for the full combo because the hitstun from the confirming hit is long enough to continue into a combo.

You poke someone with a safe attack and if it connects you follow with another attack.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I am bad at fightgames so I rarely play them. Though I did have a roommate hella into them who made me practice a bunch of sfiv to the point where random noises around the house (like kitty footsteps) started sounding like the same timing/pattern of button presses for Dudley's bread and butter combos. Scared me off fightgames it did.

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine
thank you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

You poke someone with a safe attack and if it connects you follow with another attack.

Thank you.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Wormskull posted:

Thank you.

De nada hermano

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

thought about this for awhile, couldnt think of anything but the game of talking to girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americong
May 29, 2013

Cesar Cedeno posted:

lol'd in real life at your avatar.

im glad

• Locked thread