Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

blocks that matter was frustrating and bad but tetrobot and co was a much better puzzle game and I'm glad I got it.

first person puzzlers also seem to be the new indie hotness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mission Critical voiced by Michael Dorn.

PLAY THAT poo poo, PEOPLE!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

No Such Thing posted:

blocks that matter was frustrating and bad but tetrobot and co was a much better puzzle game and I'm glad I got it.

Antichamber was a lot of fun

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hmm, do Myst like games count as puzzle games? Cause that's basically my previous recommendation.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Antichamber was a lot of fun

I kinda want to play all of the portal 2 mods, like the time travel one and the paint gun one.

Qube was ok but kairo is a piece of poo poo.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

No Such Thing posted:

I kinda want to play all of the portal 2 mods, like the time travel one and the paint gun one.

Qube was ok but kairo is a piece of poo poo.

thankfully the time travel one is free

I just broke over and over for me though.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
English country tune

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

fronz posted:

English country tune
One of the puzzles tricks you into making a swastika.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

time to answer the age old question yall:

Tetris or Dr. Mario?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Y-Hat posted:

Tetris or Dr. Mario?

tetris attack

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

Tetris or Dr. Mario?

Kirby's Avalanche

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

trick question. the answer is both
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHcmRgUBibY

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
trick question, the answer is yoshi's cookie

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

the swapper is seriously good

all other indie puzzle platformers should compare themselves to the swapper and kill themselves out of shame

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Ekster posted:

the swapper is seriously good

all other indie puzzle platformers should compare themselves to the swapper and kill themselves out of shame

The swapper is firmly in the "meh" category. I have no idea why people loved this game so much. It was worth the couple bucks that I put in it and nothing more.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

No Such Thing posted:

blocks that matter woulda been a really good game if you could rewind time like in toki tori 1 and pushmo

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Is it fascism yet posted:

I thought i would make a thread for all sorts of puzzle games bc the single ones like DROD probably fall of the first pages to fast. So this is a thread for gamers who like to be puzzled.

some good recent Puzzle Games of the top of my hat:

Deadly Rooms Of Death

Proffesor Layton

Pushmo/Crashmo (Pullblox/Fallblox)

Spacechem

Desktop Dungeons

As you can see, a very healthy and innovative genre right there folks. Gotta work them braincells.

You can talk bout puzzle-bazed graphic adventures ala monkey island too i guess....

But never, ever talk about match 3 kinda poo poo! I dont wanna hear it. the only puzzle is why anyone would play that garbo?!?

So whats your fav puzzle game? whats the one that frustrated you to death? etc etc

Its "Puzzling" why people play those lovely games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the new drod raised the number of move undos from 1 to infinity

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Halo 2 is one of my fav puzzles.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iku8SI05_UE

Dec 26, 2012

Putty posted:

i had toki tori on the gameboy buy that instead it's the same thing but with nostalgia graphics to pop ur nerd boner

speaking of gameboy puzzle games mole mania was extremely my poo poo back in the day

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pewdiepie posted:

Its "Puzzling" why people play those lovely games.

haters leave

pewds die

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
I'm legit looking forward to captain toad more than any other announced game right now

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

No Such Thing posted:

I bought one off the big steam puzzle games aimed at old people and proceeded to do all of the link a pix out of it and never touch it again.

you mean puzzler world, where all the crosswords are aggressively british?

spacechem was cool up until the multifactory puzzles. too much to do w/o direction.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

BKPR posted:

you mean puzzler world, where all the crosswords are aggressively british?

spacechem was cool up until the multifactory puzzles. too much to do w/o direction.

yea, puzzler word 2. Some of the word puzzles were ok, but the crosswords were really tough and british and I just plain don't like sudoku

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

PrBacterio posted:

I'm legit looking forward to captain toad more than any other announced game right now

You and I both, buddy :hfive:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Gimbal lock posted:

The swapper is firmly in the "meh" category. I have no idea why people loved this game so much. It was worth the couple bucks that I put in it and nothing more.

I just liked the atmosphere, art style, gameplay and puzzle design a lot in a genre I normally am not very fond of.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i liked the atmosphere and art style in swapper but the puzzles were not that great imho. still a cool game.

• Locked thread