Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Captain Walker posted:

Wasn't actually expecting this :dance: I'll be apping to PBP shortly.

Unrelated: what's your opinion on reskinning? I'm thinking at least one Dishonored-style wheel-lock pistol.

You mean use pistols or muskets as ranged weapons instead of bows (but with bow/crossbow/knives/... mechanics)? Sure! It fits the theme nicely (also, that way, the "guns" on the ship can be actual cannons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

In that case, Rattles might have to rock a musket instead of a crossbow.

Also, I added this in my character sheet, but I want to run it by you in case you didn't notice, but it says that warriors get a melee weapon of their choice and a ranged weapon if they wanted it. What I basically did was, thematically, the crossbow (which will probably be a rifle now if you're allowing firearms) is just raw and heavy, so instead of pulling out a warhammer, he just beats you with the crossbow (rifle) for warhammer damage. Would that be okay?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
This is for the PBP game

Hydros

One day a glistening man of mighty muscles arose from the sea, the son of the God of the Sea, and a close relative of the Emperor, the man was a stalwart figure of dignity and power. Towering over lesser men he was like unto a god and was gifted with skill upon and within water, as if he was born to water.

He traveled the world seeking adventure, often traveling to other lands on one ship or another, on one boat or another. He fought mighty foes and partied mighty parties. And then he was called. The Emperor sent for him, war had broken out and his services were needed for the Armada.

And so Hydros answered, to go to war upon the seas. Officially he is listed as only a common hand, though he still stands out quite a bit. Though his true purpose upon the ship has remained a secret from most, save the Captain who was informed as to why the massive man was going to be working on the ship.

pre:
Hydros

Race:  Human

Class:  Stalwart

One Unique Thing:  The half-mortal son of the God of the Sea

Backgrounds

Water Born (5 pts)

Rowdy Adventurer  (3 pts)

Icons

The Emperor  (2 pts Positive)
The Priestess  (2 pts Positive)

[pre]
HP  33	REC 08 (1d10+4)
Initiative +1

STR 18 (+4)	+2cls
DEX 10 (+0)
CON 18 (+4)	+2rcl
INT 10 (+0)	
WIS 10 (+0)
CHR 10 (+0)

AC  18
PD  16
MD  11

Racial
   Quick to Fight: At the start of each battle, roll initiative twice and choose the result I want

Class Features
   Greatness:  Either have greatness or don't.  Do not, normally, start a battle with greatness.
	Gain greatness when he is hit by an enemy attack.  Lose greatness when he misses  
	all enemies with an attack.  Also lose greatness when he becomes unconscious, and
	when a battle ends.  The default is that he can use greatness powers without losing
	greatness, but a few powers specify that he must spend his greatness to use them.

Empowered by Fate:  Gain 1 relationship point with the Archmage, the Crusader, the Dwarf King,
	the Emperor, the Lich King, the Priestess, or the Three; I choose whether the point is 
	positive, conflicted, or negative.  This point can add to my normal relationship points
	but can't exceed the normal relationship maximums.  When an ally rolls a 5 or 6
	on an icon relationship roll with the Icon(s) this feature gave me a relationship
	point with, I start the next turn in battle with greatness.
	Extra point added to the Emperor.

Strength of Many:  Can lift twice and support about as much weight as two otherwise
	identical creatures normally can, and can move normally while carrying about
	your own weight (or twice my weight total).  Also gain the power of stunt.
	Power Stunt:  At the start of each battle, roll a d6.  Any time after the escalation 
	die reaches that number, I'll be able to use a quick action to spend my greatness
	and execute a power stunt.  Normally I can only use power stunt once per
	battle, but circumstances, geography, or excellent planning may suggest that I
	can pull it off more than once.
   	Adventurer feat:  Instead lift, support, and move normally with a  total
	of about five times the normal amount.  Also, roll an additional d20 for power stunt
	(any time after the escalation die reaches that number gain an additional use of 
	power stunt this battle.

Unarmed Attacks:  Unarmed attacks are light/simple weapons that do 1d6 plus any 
	applicable modifiers.

Talents
   Limbs of Iron:  Use strength instead of dexterity when determining AC in no armor, 
	when making ranged attacks and when using stalwart powers.

Titan Grapple:  Can grab a creature using the normal grab rules, with a successful 
	strength+level vs PD attack as a standard action.
	Adventurer Feat:  If I wish I move and am moved when grabbed or grabbing
	as if I were one size larger.

Weapons of Giants:  I wield, forge, or improvise oversized weapons.  While I have greatness,
	increase my weapon and unarmed damage dice by one step.

Powers:	
   Giant Strike: At-Will.  Melee attack
	Target:  1 non-staggered non-mook enemy.
	Attack:  Str (4) + targets level vs AC
	Damage:  Weapon + Str (4) + Con (4) damage
	Miss:  Damage equal to my level (1)

Catching Mice: At-Will.  Melee Attack, quick action.  Requires Greatness.
	Target:  One creature. 
	Special:  May use this power as a free action when an enemy attempts to 
	disengage from me, by spending my greatness.
	Attack:  Str (4) + level (1) vs PD.
	Hit:  I grab the target.

Titan Swing: At-Will.  Melee attack
	Target:  Each enemy engaged with me.
	Attack:  Str (4) + level (1) – (number of targets) vs AC
	Damage:  Weapon damage
	Miss:  -

Indomitable: At-Will, once per round.  Interrupt action; requires greatness.
	Trigger:  I am subjected to a condition, or an effect a save can end.
	Effect:  I roll a saving throw.  On a success, I am not subjected to the condition,
	or I save against the effect.
	Special:  I may use this power when first subjected to a last-grasp effect,
	to make a free saving throw against it.

Feats
   Strength of Many - Adventurer feat:  Instead lift, support, and move normally with a  total
	of about five times the normal amount.  Also, roll an additional d20 for power stunt
	(any time after the escalation die reaches that number gain an additional use of 
	power stunt this battle.
   Titan Grapple - Adventurer Feat:  If I wish I move and am moved when grabbed or grabbing
	as if I were one size larger.

Inventory
   Sleek half shorts (basically swim trunks)
   Makeshift Trident – three longswords lashed together (2H 1d10 heavy weapon) 
   Iron-studden staff (1H 1d8 heavy weapon)
   a couple actual tridents(1H 1d6 thrown weapon)
   coil of rope, some rum and meat, a sack to carry it all.
   25 gp.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Thomas Wyndmere, Human Rogue
OUT: I bear an Imperial letter of marque authorizing privateer action.
Naval Experience: Formerly Quartermaster aboard the Aquila

In a world without gold, Thomas Wyndmere and Benjamin Wheeler could have been heroes.

For much of the war, Imperial policy had been to simply ban all civilian and merchant traffic from the Midland Sea. But Wheeler, an enterprising young pirate, brazenly ignored the treaty, taking several Drakkenhall-aligned ships before surrendering to an Imperial man-o'-war. That might have been the end of it if it weren't for a quick-thinking young crewman. "Tell the Emperor it ain't piracy if we only sink his enemies," Wyndmere told the Imperial captain. The comment went up the chain with astounding speed for a bureaucracy, and one day Wheeler's cell door was opened and a magically sealed parchment given to him, bearing one sentence.

The bearer of this letter is hereby authorized to take whatever measures he finds appropriate against the enemies of the Dragon Crown upon land and sea.

Wyndemere was suddenly Quartermaster upon the first Imperial privateer, but the position was short-lived. Tensions with the Captain and disagreement over the course of action the vessel should take meant he served in only four battles aboard the Aquila before she was beached near Anvil due to a brazen maneuver by Wheeler. Seeing the tide turn against him, Wyndmere fled shortly before the ship was destroyed by a Druidic vessel with all hands lost. Wyndmere spent a few weeks in a country inn coasting on his not insignificant pay, telling wild tales of nautical adventure. Before long, though, the money was gone and the sea was calling. Making his way to Axis, Wyndmere vowed to never be sidetracked again from his calling: relieving the Empire's enemies of their coin.

Will he stay loyal to the Empire, or will the promise of gold and glory lead him astray?

e: btw this is an app for the PBP

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 6, 2014

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I changed up my character. He's still a ranger, but he feels a bit more "flavorful" now.

Project: Aquarius

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

Also, I added this in my character sheet, but I want to run it by you in case you didn't notice, but it says that warriors get a melee weapon of their choice and a ranged weapon if they wanted it. What I basically did was, thematically, the crossbow (which will probably be a rifle now if you're allowing firearms) is just raw and heavy, so instead of pulling out a warhammer, he just beats you with the crossbow (rifle) for warhammer damage. Would that be okay?

Sure

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Roll20 application, any day possible. Would settle for Pbp.

Fin
Level 1 Human Lurker
OUT: The last survivor of the bloodline of The Assassin who almost became an Icon during the 10th Age and the secret order of assassins she founded.

Icon Relationships:
Prince of Shadows - 1 positive - While he has to care for assassins, he never really loved them - except for my family, for reasons only he knows in his heart of hearts.
Emperor - 1 conflicted - He has pressed me into loyalty for now, but I am not happy with this arrangement and I fear the day he will decide he's not anymore either.
Priestess - 1 negative - She hates our order because she hates assassins and she hates the shadow.

Backgrounds:
The Streets of Glitterhaegen +3 - Growing up in the shadows of the City of Coins, I learned everything about aquiring those coins through theft, burglary, conning, and all that.
Trained in the Sanctum +5 - The rigorous training at the order's sanctum covered preparing and executing a kill, poisoncraft, willpower, and controlling the power of our Shadow Blood.
An innocent face +2 - My boyish face does not betray all I've done, been through, and am capable of.

Backstory:
I was seven when I made my first kill. An older kid accosted me for the fat purse I had just cut off a noble's belt. I fought back and before he knew what was happening, I had pulled my knife and slashed his throat. It felt surprisingly normal, just like picking another pocket. After all, killing is in my blood. I would be four more years before I learned this. On my 13th birthday, a shrouded woman came to me and told me that my parents were assassins, part of a secret order, and that it was my destiny to join that order like all my ancestors. I could barely remember my parents. My mother raised me for the first three years before leaving me to Gallor, an old and seasoned thief. My father only visited occasionally during those first three years and never since. Gallor taught me his craft and introduced me to the guild. I ran with the guild in the streets of Glitterhaegen until the day I followed the shrouded woman.

The shrouded woman led me to a secret sanctum of the order of assassins where I was trained for a year before fully joining it. I said the vow and shared the Shadow Blood, pledging my life to the order. The day after that, I was immediately sent out for my first job, killing a woman in Axis who was too talkative about certain things for someone's tastes. Many others followed. I never learned from where the order got its orders or offers or whatever; I only ever did what my seniors told me. Some of the order resented me for my single-mindedness, my obedience, and my talent which others complimented me for, calling me a prodigy, someone who would rise high in the order.

This career would never happen, five months ago, the Imperial Army broke into the sanctum which we had always assumed safe from any unknowing eyes and even magic. Many brothers and sisters died trying to hold them off, but eventually the few survivors surrendered. I don't know what happened to the others, but I was taken to a prison camp, mining in the Giantwalk. It might have broken other people, but I handled it well enough. The work was hard, harder than anything I had done before, but I established myself as someone to be left alone. People who gave me trouble had the habit of turning up dead, were they fellow prisoners or guards.

Eventually the guards stormed into my cell at night and took me away. I expected that would be the end of me. They dragged me before an Imperial officer who gave me the choice of losing my head for those of my crimes they could prove or giving my skills to the Emperor in these troubles times.

Making a decision was hard for me. I never had to make such a big decision on my own before. So I closed my eyes just like I did when the shrouded woman came to me years before and listened to the soft voice that whispered her advice to me for the first time that day and many times since. On that day, she told me that I could not die and let the order die with me, so I joined the Emperor's forces. A magical sigil was tattood on my chest which I was told would allow them to track me down should I forsake the Emperor and I was taken to Axis.

So here I am now, about to board a ship for the first time since I had to make a kill in Santa Cora some two years ago, waiting for someone, anyone giving me orders, telling me where to go and who to kill.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 11, 2014

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Frankenfreak, that's a cool app and all and I hope you get in but 7+4 is 11. Not 13.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Recruitment ended!

I divided all the applicants who made a character into two groups, and gave you a job on the ship, based on your character background. My main goal was to make it normal for your characters to interact, as well as making sure that each character had important duties. So unless you have a better idea, you all are (or probably will become very soon) wardroom officers or petty officers:

roll20
Milith75: Robert Fateson: Common sailor, rated able
Babe magnet: Nyme Grenadine: Gunner
Megazver: Horatio Killington Thrumm: human wizard: Midshipman
Raenir: shae shadetongue: Common sailor, rated able
Frankenfreak: Fin: human lurker: Common sailor, rated able
Rye pie: Aveline of Averruncus: Surgeon

please report to the roll20 game

pbp
please report to the pbp game

Green Bean: Piper Tallfellow: Surgeon
ryuujin: Hydros: Bosun’s mate
Captain Walker: Thomas Wyndmere: Master
melvinbison: Project Aquarius: Master’s mate (I can't access the new version of your character sheet)
Stallion Cabana: Rangar Blood Gullet: Ship's cook
flame 112: Drake: Stowaway!

Pennfalath fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 11, 2014

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Woo!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
:yarr:
Emperor: Conflicted: 3#1d6 3 6 4
pre:
Thomas Wyndemere, Human Rogue 1
HP 27/27; Recoveries 8/8 (1d8+3); Momentum NO
AC 16 PD 16 MD 12
STR 10/00 CON 16/+3 DEX 16/+3
INT 08/-1 WIS 12/+1 CHA 16/+3
+4 Ship's Master, +4 Scoundrel
Equip: Cutlass, wheel-lock pistols, leather armor
Gear: Letter of marque, 25 gp

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 10, 2014

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I'll make a new sheet in a sec. Sorry about that.

e: Try this one. If it doesn't work, I'm just going to switch back to Google Docs.

Icon rolls: 5 with the Three (negative).

pre:
Project Aquarius, Forgeborn Ranger 1
HP 33/33; Recoveries 8/8 (1d8+4)
AC 18 PD 15 MD 11
STR 14/+3 CON 18/+5 DEX 16/+4
INT 10/+1 WIS 12/+2 CHA 8/-1
+5 Imprinted Memories of Sailors, +3 Surprisingly Durable
Equip: Harpoon Gun, Wrist-mount Blade, Light metal plating.
Gear: 25 gp, Care package from "Mom"

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 11, 2014

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Thanks Captain!

Icon Dice; 2d6 Emperor Positive, 1d6 The Three Negative: 3#1d6 1 4 5

pre:
Ragnar Bloodgullet, Half-Orc Fighter 1
HP 36/36; Recoveries 9/9 (1d10+5)
AC 17 PD 15 MD 11
STR 18/+5 CON 18/+5 DEX 12/+1
INT 10/00 WIS 10/00 CHA 8/-1
+5 Supreme Battle Chef, +2 Unrelenting Optimist, +1 A little service in every Company
Equip: The Finest Array of Knives and cooking implements, Hot Plate shield.
Gear: Adventurer's kit, 25 gp

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Alright, this is gonna be fun. Here's my combat block:

pre:
Drake, Dragonspawn Sorcerer 1
HP 27/27; Recoveries 8/8 (1d6+3)
AC 14 PD 14 MD 13
STR 8/-1  DEX 14/+2 CON 16/+3
INT 14/+2 WIS 8/-1  CHA 18/+4
+5 Arcane Experiment, +5 New Port Street Rat
Equip: Stolen Navy Uniform, Quarterstaff, 25 gp
My icon rolls are in the game thread.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
pre:
Piper, Chaos Mage 1
HP 24/24; Recoveries 8/8 (1d6+2)
AC 12 PD 12 MD 14
STR 8/-1  DEX 12/+1 CON 14/+2
INT 14/+2 WIS 12/+1  CHA 18/+4
+5 Ship's Surgeon, +3 May Have Broken the Universe (A Little Bit)
Equip: Surgeon's Uniform, Medical Equipment of Varying Kinds, 50 gp
Starting Gold: 1d6*10 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Hey I'm leaving town for a week so feel free to skip my initiative. I'm pretty sure this combat is wrapping up.

Drake can just swab the poop deck or some other funny-sounding nautical term till I get back.

• Locked thread