Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Barreft posted:

I put up with Vince wrestling all the time and even winning the Rumble, so I think I can put up with Steph being such a badass, though it's against a Bella.. imagine if it were her and AJ. But whatever, it's stupid fun like wrestling should be.

NOW CESARO..

This is a good post with which I concur on all counts.

gently caress how WWE is burying Cesaro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Mister E posted:

And those awesome things led to a Heath Slater victory!

I hadn't noticed.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

Vince McMahon is asking people to pay ten dollars a month for a legitimately bad product at the moment.

It was always bad but now your favorite wrestler lost

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Hey if you guys want to see PPVs for a low price I have a solution! Invite a bunch of friends over and split the cost!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I wish I could live life so easy to please.

I'm serious, I would have a lot more fun and generally be happier

I should figure out a way to run seminars :)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

But Heath won...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
If they just kept the Network shilling to the announcement of "Hey we are going to other countries now" and just using those commercials this Raw would have been a lot more bearable. This Raw didn't make me want to see the WWE to burn in flames and hope the network subs plummet because again I was listening to Lovage through most of it. I kind of want to get a job in the WWE creative now just to experience it... and also maybe put nitric acid in Dunn's coffee.

Also have Cesaro Ziggler go on a while, don't even care if Ziggler wins because he has to look strong in his feud with the Miz.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Hey if you guys want to see PPVs for a low price I have a solution! Invite a bunch of friends over and split the cost!

Huh, I guess if I invited my six friends over, that'd only be like 9.99 each! A bargain!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

My favorite is UT and when he lost at WM it made mainstream media headlines, losses mean crap. Bad product is bad.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Look I can still watch internet critic reviews and be entertained somewhat, I for some reason have a really high pain threshold for that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Nah, pretty much just the nonstop shilling for a product half the viewers at best care a little about, weird booking of overlong or undertimed matches (nothing in-between), and having matches either end or completely play out during commercial breaks

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Daniel Bryan posted:

I only watched the last hour and it was pretty bad

What a surprise.

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?

WE'RE A THREE MAN BAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Nikki totally turning heel at Summerslam

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Chris James 2 posted:

Nah, pretty much just the nonstop shilling for a product half the viewers at best care a little about, weird booking of overlong or undertimed matches (nothing in-between), and having matches either end or completely play out during commercial breaks

They would kill for half

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What's annoying is that they bring up stuff like the Cosmic Key or the New Nation then they just drop it for a week.

At least the announcers mentioned the key thing in passing, but you'd think the return of the Dusts would be a big part of whatever their goofy storyline is.

They could have padded out the 3 hour show with this stuff but no, we had to get whatever that crap was.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

triplexpac posted:

It really is nice, the no stress thing is the best though. Makes you enjoy things even more.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Well some of us aren't so lucky seeing how everyone I knew was never interested in wrestling because I got into by 2006 when everyone else had moved on from it :smith:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

I only watched the last hour and it was pretty bad

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is a good post with which I concur on all counts.

gently caress how WWE is burying Cesaro.

he's boring

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

achillesforever6 posted:

Well some of us aren't so lucky seeing how everyone I knew was never interested in wrestling because I got into by 2006 when everyone else had moved on from it :smith:

I used to have friends come over for Wrestlemania at the very least, sometimes the Rumble too. Nnow I can't get anyone to come over for any wrestling shows :smith:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Lesnar/Cena II is half as good as Lesnar/Cena I, it is going to OWN

Also the Summerslam card as a whole looks awesome and is being built really well even if the Raws have been iffy in a vacuum.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Stephanie apparently didn't get the memo that you're supposed to release the Pedigree now, haha

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I only watched the last half hour or so because Beat the Clock is an instant killjoy gimmick to me.

Brie has to be on the shortlist for one of the worst promos I ever watched. She makes pretty much anyone else sound like '80s Jake Roberts by comparison.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If Lesnar/Cena II is half as good as Lesnar/Cena I, it is going to OWN

Also the Summerslam card as a whole looks awesome and is being built really well even if the Raws have been iffy in a vacuum.

Technically it's Lesnar/Cena III....they feuded briefly after WM19. Had a PPV match at Backlash that year.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

fart blood posted:

Technically it's Lesnar/Cena III....they feuded briefly after WM19. Had a PPV match at Backlash that year.

nerd

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I only watched the last half hour or so because Beat the Clock is an instant killjoy gimmick to me.

Brie has to be on the shortlist for one of the worst promos I ever watched. She makes pretty much anyone else sound like '80s Jake Roberts by comparison.

I still think Brie is doing comparatively fine. It's Nikki who I'd call atrociously bad.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Stephanie apparently didn't get the memo that you're supposed to release the Pedigree now, haha

I'm kinda OK with that after the pain Brie Bella inflicted on me with that promo. I'll see her in court.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I'm kinda OK with that after the pain Brie Bella inflicted on me with that promo. I'll see her in court.

bitch

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I used to have friends come over for Wrestlemania at the very least, sometimes the Rumble too. Nnow I can't get anyone to come over for any wrestling shows :smith:
Then again I made the mistake of going to high school and making friends with the teachers rather than the students. So yeah.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lesnar is actually a worse promo than Brie probably, who also has a deeper voice.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

sleepingbuddha posted:

Sometimes a lovely knife tattoo is just a lovely knife tattoo. Other times, it's a huge cock.

And on that day the amateur wrestler known as Brock Lesnar became known as the Beast Cock Chestnar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
“It means he is a closet homosexual. You see Brock Lesnar knows that entering into a homosexual relationship may hurt his career. In order to satisfy his lust for penis he had a large vieny one permanently inked between his cleavage."

http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/brock-lesnars-tattoo/

• Locked thread