Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonz posted:

Prowse was 6'5" as Vader.

Sheamus is billed as 6'4".

So he's what, 5'9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

The dude from The Monkees

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

....so is Seamus really playing Darth Vader?

As an IT nerd, no way does he pass that up to keep his WWE job. Time for an Irish Goodbye.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I went to Smackdown once and saw Roman Reigns sit in a rocking chair so...

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
I want to see Sheamus Force Brogue Kick someone.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

DingoSlasher posted:

I want to see Sheamus Force Brogue Kick someone.
http://youtu.be/FUDAzvzlPrI?t=6s

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Gonz posted:

Prowse was 6'5" as Vader.

Sheamus is billed as 6'4".
I met Sheamus and I can tell you he's not 6'4". He was barely taller than me and I'm 5'9".

rappinrodney.ogg
Apr 24, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

I met Sheamus and I can tell you he's not 6'4". He was barely taller than me and I'm 5'9".

Dude wears 4 inch lifts on his boots at least. It's one of those things I can't ignore when he's in the ring.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I swear to God, if I meet Sheamus in a pub and he's not at least a head taller than me I will punch him in his tiny face. I'm average height, by the way.

edit:

quote:

Dude wears 4 inch lifts on his boots at least. It's one of those things I can't ignore when he's in the ring.

It's to cushion the Force of the Brogue Kick, mate.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I kinda want Sheamus to leave to go be a Sith just so WWE loses another top face and they have to go to Super-Mega Panic Mode. I want Cole to declare that Cena slammed Andre at WM3 and sold out MSG every week in the 60s.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
If Sheamus wears lifts, he wears 'em in his dress shoes too, because he and Conan O'Brien are about the same height when he's a guest.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I kinda want Sheamus to leave to go be a Sith just so WWE loses another top face and they have to go to Super-Mega Panic Mode. I want Cole to declare that Cena slammed Andre at WM3 and sold out MSG every week in the 60s.

Maybe Karl Gotch's ghost.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Atticus Finch posted:

I'm legit 6'5" without shoes. Clearly I should be playing Vader.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

But really though, probably my favorite "WWE gonna WWE" moment was having Money in the Bank start off with DBry saying he'd be out longer than expected and ending with Michael Cole saying that no one can deny that John Cena is the greatest champion ever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

projecthalaxy posted:

But really though, probably my favorite "WWE gonna WWE" moment was having Money in the Bank start off with DBry saying he'd be out longer than expected and ending with Michael Cole saying that no one can deny that John Cena is the greatest champion ever.

Well, they kinda have to say that. To Build up the Brock Lesnar Match.

The fact that Brie freaking Bella is getting tons of mic time in a feud with a goddamn McMahon and is Main Eventing RAWs pretty much tells you that they aren't going to bury him or anything and will put him right back in the main event scene.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

So either his non-compete has something weird about Mexico, it doesn't apply because of the termination, or he's breaking it.
Debut under a mask as Seņor America?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dexo posted:

Well, they kinda have to say that. To Build up the Brock Lesnar Match.

The fact that Brie freaking Bella is getting tons of mic time in a feud with a goddamn McMahon and is Main Eventing RAWs pretty much tells you that they aren't going to bury him or anything and will put him right back in the main event scene.

Oh I know why they did it and don't think I was burying Bryan specifically, it was just funny. I hope this weekend when Cena taps Lesnar clean with the STF Cole says something like "JOHN CENA IS SEVEN FEET TALL AND HAS NEVER LIED! SAMMARTINO HOCK-PTOOEY!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gonz posted:

I'm legit 6'5" without shoes. Clearly I should be playing Vader.

You can't you are the Great Khali. Your legs are too thin. They won't even fit... in the Vader suit.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh I know why they did it and don't think I was burying Bryan specifically, it was just funny. I hope this weekend when Cena taps Lesnar clean with the STF Cole says something like "JOHN CENA IS SEVEN FEET TALL AND HAS NEVER LIED! SAMMARTINO HOCK-PTOOEY!"

Cole: John Cena won at least two matches at every Wrestlemania, meaning his is the greatest streak in the history of sports entertainment!
*Two months later*
Cole: I just don't know how John Cena could possibly get the Big Show up for an AA, guys!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

You can't you are the Great Khali. Your legs are too thin. They won't even fit... in the Vader suit.

UNTRUTH!

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

....so is Seamus really playing Darth Vader?

Interesting factoid: Lucas originally wanted Vader to speak with an Irish accent, but James Earl Jones just wasn't able to pull it off well. Lucas is planning on releasing the Most Special Editions with the Vader's lines re-dubbed in Sheamus' voice.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gonz posted:

UNTRUTH!

Awesome name for a re-gimmicked R-Truth. Maybe after he joined the not-NOD.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Looks like the fund that owns Men's Warehouse now has just shy of 10% stake in WWE http://www.buzzfeed.com/mariahsummers/activist-hedge-fund-buys-large-stake-in-struggling-world-wre

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Looks like the fund that owns Men's Warehouse now has just shy of 10% stake in WWE http://www.buzzfeed.com/mariahsummers/activist-hedge-fund-buys-large-stake-in-struggling-world-wre

You're gonna love the WWE Network; I guarantee it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

gently caress, they're going to try to merge WWE and TNA aren't they?

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Gonz posted:

UNTRUTH!

drat, son. You got some Bugs Bunny feet. Are those size 14?:stare:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Edwardian posted:

drat, son. You got some Bugs Bunny feet. Are those size 14?:stare:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Play Super Mario 64 with them.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Johanns Molemann posted:

i like that one website that has like 500 wrestling rumors compiled and most of it is outrageous poo poo like "kevin nash walked in on virgil sucking his own cock and began to piss on shawn michael's face"

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kotdm15/listsleeze.html

The Kliq gangbanged Lex Luger

Also somebody else make the Raw thread tonight I believe in you

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

LeBron got more Heat than you ever will dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

LeBron got more Heat than you ever will dude.

I'd love nothing more than to piss off every human being in the state of Ohio at least once in my life, though.

• Locked thread