Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

*sits quietly and looks around the room*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive bought exactly one key and it got me an unusual hat that i sold for like 80 dollars

so i quit while i was ahead

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
never but I did buy that samurai sword for like $1 even though I never played TF2 like, ever. it sucks because you can't put it away and you pull it out once and it's like playing a really lovely jedi from jedi the force returns 2 except you have 1 hp and no cool jedi powers

i'll never trust my money to ingame items ever again

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
lmao if you've actually played that game in the last 5 years

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

*proudly raises hand*

I even buy the mvm tickets. Bitch.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I have bought keys, and a few tickets, and multiple stranges, strange parts and other things off the market.
But at least I haven't bought a single weapon from the official store.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Not for TF2 but I bought a key for CS:GO once. Made a whole 3 cents of steam funnymoney from the drop. Never again...

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I've probably bought 4/5 maybe 6... not for a while now though

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
dont ask

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
human being reporting.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Endorph posted:

ive bought exactly one key and it got me an unusual hat that i sold for like 80 dollars

so i quit while i was ahead

LOl yeah.. Reminds me of the time I bought this cool small vase at an auction but it truned out to be Hitler's urn.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Hoodrich posted:

LOl yeah.. Reminds me of the time I bought this cool small vase at an auction but it truned out to be Hitler's urn.

SOunds Like a rly good Find imo

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I bought a key for one of the taunt crates

I accidentally bought the wrong type of key (this is dumb and stupid why not just use the same drat key) and had to buy another one

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Hoodrich posted:

If I had a nickel every time that happened to me...

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
The only crate I opened had the Soldier's pick-axe in it. This was before they gave them unusual qualities.

What I'm saying is gently caress crates.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When you people are buying all this dumb poo poo, do you ever stop to think about how you're grown rear end men spending money on what basically amounts to playing online dress ups? At least when little girls do it, they're borrowing clothes from their parents. Who exactly are you trying to show off to in this situation? The other dumb degenerate fucks, who, just like you, have surrendered any sort of dignity or self-respect so their equally gay rear end fucken 'toon' can look totally sweet? You faggots make me sick.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

i stopped playing the game around the time of the medic and pyro update because i thought they were ruining the game and i was right

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

bhlaab posted:

i stopped playing the game around the time of the medic and pyro update because i thought they were ruining the game and i was right

You were right, in that they were ruining the game for everyone that's retarded and making it vastly more epic for all the real gamers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yolomancer posted:

When you people are buying all this dumb poo poo, do you ever stop to think about how you're grown rear end men spending money on what basically amounts to playing online dress ups? At least when little girls do it, they're borrowing clothes from their parents. Who exactly are you trying to show off to in this situation? The other dumb degenerate fucks, who, just like you, have surrendered any sort of dignity or self-respect so their equally gay rear end fucken 'toon' can look totally sweet? You faggots make me sick.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Yolomancer posted:

Harsh but fair truth from the Yolomancer.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I quit TF2 before crates became a thing so no, I haven't.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

you used to have to unlock new weapons by grinding achievements. they thought that was a good idea. now they have a better idea: you give them money.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I bought a couple keys in CS:GO and sold an Asimov M4 for more than the game costed. Then I got a shitload of worthless junk and figured out how stupid it was. Now I sell every case I get.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

bhlaab posted:

you used to have to unlock new weapons by grinding achievements. they thought that was a good idea. now they have a better idea: you give them money.

the worst was the polycount pack that offered you a perk if you wore the whole set for a class. that includes the hats which had rarer drop rates.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

the worst was the polycount pack that offered you a perk if you wore the whole set for a class. that includes the hats which had rarer drop rates.

I was going to say "I'm glad they're gone" but then they never readded the headshot immunity of the Sniper set and I'm not glad of it anymore.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

qnqnx posted:

I was going to say "I'm glad they're gone" but then they never readded the headshot immunity of the Sniper set and I'm not glad of it anymore.

So now there's no reason to use the sleeper?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

the danger shield is kind of a headshot immunity, at least for quickscopes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

*sigh* another TF2 card that steam gives me for spending five dollars on TF2 keys... guess ill just throw it on the pile

• Locked thread