Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

i need a bus app so i can just get shitfaced and enter my current location and destination and it will show what the right busstop looks like and what loving number it is and then ding me when i need toget off and get on a different one, without needing to think about it at stops with multiple busses and times and what the gently caress am i doing at the end of the line i was supposed to get off __ and how come everyone is speaking mexican now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

yes that would be nice

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Ruby got Railed posted:

i need a bus app so i can just get shitfaced and enter my current location and destination and it will show what the right busstop looks like and what loving number it is and then ding me when i need toget off and get on a different one, without needing to think about it at stops with multiple busses and times and what the gently caress am i doing at the end of the line i was supposed to get off __ and how come everyone is speaking mexican now

i think we have an app that tells u where the bus is. (hint: its 30 minutes away from u probably)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
in the detroit area you can't hail a cab at all and if you call one the average wait time is 1.5 hours

thats my story :tipshat:

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Ruby got Railed posted:

citymapper

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

in LA those service makes sense because you used to not be able to hail taxis but i guess this has changed recently? but since la is so spread out the services are helpful

i think u were not allowed to hail cabs in la city for a looong time but now u can in certain areas like i know u can in hollywood now which is cool kuz u ca take the train in and get mega wasted and then like bwteen 2 and 4 there are zillions of cabs to hail

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
i like LA

it's fun there and i don't mind driving

edit: gently caress the kings tho :(

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

in the detroit area you can't hail a cab at all and if you call one the average wait time is 1.5 hours

thats my story :tipshat:

yes, i imagine it's difficult to get a cab in a mad max/escape from new york hellscape of urban decay

by the sounds of it toronto is loving mind blowing for hailing a cab, i don't think i've ever waited more than a couple minutes for one to drive by anywhere in the city core. they all take cards now too

also there's hailo and beck has their own iphone app that lets you order a cab and see its status

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
yeah toronto is good. i was in loving jamaica queens (don't ask) and trying to get to harlem, that was ridiculous

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

yeah toronto is good. i was in loving jamaica queens (don't ask) and trying to get to harlem, that was ridiculous

u know theres buses and subways too right?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it was my second day and I didn't know where I was going. it's a long-rear end story

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

so you took the air train from jfk. got it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the key to outerborough transit is knowing a good car service right by your apt and then using it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

so you took the air train from jfk. got it

nope. doesn't that just connect to the subway anyway? the one time I needed to take it, the whole train was out for maintenance

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

nope. doesn't that just connect to the subway anyway? the one time I needed to take it, the whole train was out for maintenance

yes, in jamaica (howard beach too i think)

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
im the d train white flight before 125th street

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

PuTTY riot posted:

same but the J at Marcy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

PuTTY riot posted:

a at jay street

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol if you live in or visit nyc

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Ruby got Railed posted:

google maps did exactly this, before they removed the feature in maps 7 because reasons

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mishaq posted:

lol if you live in or visit nyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

IPvSH6T posted:

google maps did exactly this, before they removed the feature in maps 7 because reasons

it was a couple years ago and i had a stupid dumb phone but made googly maps of it and yeah still got lost. need it to adjust on the fly when things....

happen

• Locked thread