Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
King's Quest loving blows. It has all the Sierra bullshit of losing because you didn't pick up a Random Stupid Item five hours ago and because you decided to examine the wrong thing and doesn't have the humor and fun of Space Quest and Quest for Glory. It doesn't even have the insane sperginess of Police Quest!

Basically, burn Sierra to the ground until they make more of the good Quest games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SecdLQxKiyU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

lucasarts was better

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Dwight Evans posted:

lucasarts was better

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Grim Fandango HD is coming why would I settle for mere peasantry when I can play the King of all games?

If Sierra wants to be in the black, they need to remake The Incredible Machine.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

quest for glory is the only sierra game I can stand. I would buy the poo poo out of a proper reboot with character imports and everything.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

king's quest was pretty fun and seeing the sperg rage that a modern version of "gave the wrong item to yeti, can't progress past a certain part of the game in 2 hours" causes will be amazing

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

king's quest was pretty fun and seeing the sperg rage that a modern version of "gave the wrong item to yeti, can't progress past a certain part of the game in 2 hours" causes will be amazing

no they will turn king graham into a narritve fps and you have use your bow and arrow on dragons and if you get hit too much you can regenerate behind a rock or a gyspy wagon, no death or loss unless you really try, also the checkpoints are fair/good.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I want them to make torin's passage 2

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

sierra is owned by activision

kickstarter is now being used by large publishers

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

sierra adventure games are mostly bad and only remembered by old people. remember when sierra was mostly a publisher? half life, homeworld, that's the sierra I remember. whatever activision has planned is mos def bad though

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Dear god how can they make this kind of a decision when the QFG games were way better :(

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

Super Rad posted:

Dear god how can they make this kind of a decision when the QFG games were way better :(

well good for us that the coles are making a spiritual sequel

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
they better effin make a new space quest because it needs to be made ok.
i was so exzcited for 7 for ages and it never came goddamnit

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

big duck equals goose posted:

no they will turn king graham into a narritve fps and you have use your bow and arrow on dragons and if you get hit too much you can regenerate behind a rock or a gyspy wagon, no death or loss unless you really try, also the checkpoints are fair/good.

wasnt that kings quest 8

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

they're also publishing a new geometry wars

i like geometry wars

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Quest 64

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
somewhere slowbeef just shuddered in horror and he doesn't know why... yet

:cedric:

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007
Not funny op, we JUST lost roberta williams

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

adventure games in general are the worst

Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

adventure games are mostly bad and only remembered by old people.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I liked the one where you lived at a wizard's house and he would torture or murder you for arbitrary reasons

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
just make a new quest for glory
there's no better time than the present

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN2SUgg1VX0

VENDING MACHINE FRAUD :allears:

this was one of the first games i even remember playing, I don't know how 5 year old me actually beat it without internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

kmxexii posted:

well good for us that the coles are making a spiritual sequel

thisisfuckingawesome.flv

• Locked thread