Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I miss them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I think they'll have to bring back new games.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I'd be fine with reviewing older games that haven't gotten a one-sentence review yet.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
I agree.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I also really liked them, and would love to see them return. If they're not too annoying to write, anyway.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Iskanderson posted:

I also really liked them, and would love to see them return. If they're not too annoying to write, anyway.

Two-sentence fail :(

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Two-sentence fail :(

Should've cheated and used a semicolon; that's how One-Sentence Reviews got around it sometimes.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I will admit I have based more than one decision to play or not play a game on One-Sentence Reviews. And it has yet to steer me wrong.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I will admit I have based more than one decision to play or not play a game on One-Sentence Reviews. And it has yet to steer me wrong.

Yeah same here. He's got solid opinions.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
It has returned(for now)!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The latest one-sentence reviews were great.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

As a gimmick, has anyone tried one-word reviews?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Potato Salad posted:

As a gimmick, has anyone tried one-word reviews?

:gas:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
seriouspost: I've made like 50% of my game purchase decisions based on the one-sentence reviews.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
It's back! Hallelujah!

Now to wait 2 months before the next one :smith:

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I should probably explain why these have been so sporadic.

The past year has been super weird. There are usually a few dry spots on the calendar, but it seemed like those stretches were longer than usual and had fewer games coming out. Also, with the glut of Early Access projects, a ton of games have been eternally circling in a holding pattern. Sometimes an EA game's transition to a full release slips by quietly and I miss it because I am not smart.

On top of all that, I like to run One Sentence Reviews when I have more than a handful of games to write up. That's probably a mistake. Instead of building up a backlog, I'll just start running with whatever came out, even if it's just one game.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Knowing that people enjoy and occasionally wring some use out of these reviews means a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I should probably explain why these have been so sporadic.

The past year has been super weird. There are usually a few dry spots on the calendar, but it seemed like those stretches were longer than usual and had fewer games coming out. Also, with the glut of Early Access projects, a ton of games have been eternally circling in a holding pattern. Sometimes an EA game's transition to a full release slips by quietly and I miss it because I am not smart.

On top of all that, I like to run One Sentence Reviews when I have more than a handful of games to write up. That's probably a mistake. Instead of building up a backlog, I'll just start running with whatever came out, even if it's just one game.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Knowing that people enjoy and occasionally wring some use out of these reviews means a lot.

They're honestly really great and you are a good critic/have taste like mine that I agree with. Never regretted a small steam game I purchased under the recommendation you had given.

• Locked thread