Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bad enough dude
Jun 30, 2007

APPARENTLY NOT A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO STICK TO ONE THING AT A TIME WHETHER ITS PBPS OR A SHITTY BROWSER GAME THAT I BEG MONEY FOR AND RIPPED FROM TROPICO. ALSO I LET RETARDED UKRANIANS THAT CAN'T PROGRAM AND HAVE 2000 HOURS IN GARRY'S MOD RUN MY SHIT.

POST is a browser game where you play as a single survivor in the wastes of the former United States after an apocalyptic event killed pretty much everyone and laid waste to everything. The game is primarily text and some pictures and is in early alpha (I've only been working on it for about 10 days) so if you're looking for flash this may not have it. It's meant to be played two or three times a day for about five or ten minutes, unless you want to get involved in the meta/politics heavily (which is where a lot of the fun is). Think of the game like Urban Dead, except without the silly zombies and a focus on PvP factions fighting over territory and building up settlements.

Here are some screenshots just to make this clear:

Link to game

You start the game in a FEMA camp in Missouri. You can stay there for awhile (you are protected from being attacked while in it) and try and scavenge some resources, or you can immediately head out to rural Missouri.

My advice would be to leave Missouri quickly, as it is full of new players and the first thing new players like to do is kill each other. Head to one of the bordering states, enter one of the cities and start scavenging for goods and/or kill others.

You need to eat or drink regularly. If you thirst/hunger reaches 0 you will start to lose health.

An action point is gained every 30 mins, while hunger and health declines by 2 every hour on the hour. Once the game is out of its earliest alpha stages I will probably make this take a bit longer.

When you kill someone, you take everything they have. This can make murder very profitable. If you are killed you revive in the same FEMA camp you started in in Missouri, all your stuff gone.

The game allows players to build buildings and develop the ruins of former cities into new settlements. At the moment this is pretty bare bones, but eventually there will be many buildings which provide resources, have effects on faction control over cities, provide fortifications, etc. In a way the game can become an MMO game of civilization, but with each player being only a single unit.

Wait a second, aren't you that rear end in a top hat who made BLOC and then disappeared and let our alliance get destroyed by cheaters?

Yes, I am that rear end in a top hat. I made another browser game last year that got vastly more popular than I could deal with that it overwhelmed me. My life went to poo poo due to unrelated things and I was totally distracted from running my game. A lot of people who played my game and offered to help me got screwed and I'm sorry for that.

If you don't trust me, feel free to not play my new game and call me an rear end in a top hat. That said, I will not let this new game (nor BLOC, which has been back online for about five months) go to poo poo. It is likely there will be exploits and bugs in this new game, but I am going to make sure I iron them out correctly (as I have largely done in BLOC since it died) before a final reset of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread