Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
This is sort of weird, as I'm looking for exactly ONE TEAM at the moment.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE >> READ THE RULES << BEFORE ASKING FOR THE OPEN SLOT!

I can't stress the above sentence enough, it's not exactly complicated or anything but I'd like you to know what you're diving into.

The very pertinent details:

- This is an auction league AND a keeper league. Since this is the fourth season of the league, you would be inheriting a team. Here's the team you'd inherit, with the keeper price listed first and the year the player was originally acquired:

pre:
22 (2012)	QB	Andrew Luck, Ind QB
45 (2013)	RB	Matt Forte, Chi RB
28 (2013)	RB	Giovani Bernard, Cin RB
15 (2013)	RB/WR	Tavon Austin, StL WR
22 (2011)	WR	Jordy Nelson, GB WR
36 (2013)	WR	Wes Welker, Den WR
28 (2013)	TE	Jordan Cameron, Cle TE
24 (2011)	D/ST	Ravens D/ST D/ST
6 (2013)	K	Nick Folk, NYJ K
12 (2012)	Bench	Marcel Reece, Oak RB
6 (2013)	Bench	DeAndre Hopkins, Hou WR
6 (2013)	Bench	Carson Palmer, Ari QB
6 (2013)	Bench	Brian Hartline, Mia WR
6 (2013)	Bench	Joseph Fauria, Det TE
6 (2013)	Bench	Riley Cooper, Phi WR
6 (2013)	Bench	Chris Ivory, NYJ RB
49 (2013)	IR	Julio Jones, Atl WR
- You can keep up to 1 player at each position on the roster, but also subtract any retained player's value from your $200 budget you'll have for the draft. You can do the math on this by looking at the rules linked up above, but I'd be thrilled (not sarcastic there!) to walk you through the details and the math of who you want to keep if you'd like.
- It's an ESPN league, just fyi.
- Reply in the thread with an email address or PM me; I need an email address to send the invite to you one way or another.
- Draft time/date is August 26th at 8pm Eastern Time. No, I can't move it for your sister's Quinceañera, your divorce proceedings, or your chronic diarrhea. Get a tablet and take it in there with you.

The moderately pertinent details:

-Auction league, $200 draft w/$100 free agent budget
-Standard ESPN rosters except the max # of QBs you can hold on your roster is 3 instead of 4
-Almost standard scoring, save for a few tweaks to include KR/PR yards & minor penalties for lovely kicking inside the 30.
-10 teams, all goons, let's not be strangers or loners (as many of you are very good at). Chat it up and participate, because we're going to be here for a while.

You should play if:

-You like an active league and won't bitch out if your star QB & RB die in a grease fire in week 3. In fact, you consider that a challenge. Overcoming obstacles!
-You prefer auction leagues to snake-style drafts where you have played for ten years and have only gotten a top-3 pick once (NOT BITTER)
-You have a very poor grasp on finances and perhaps a tenuous understanding at best of basic math and the value of commodities. This will just benefit the rest of us.

So, like, come play & stuff. It'll be fun, and....FOOTBALL!

wattershed fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
poo poo, guys, I'd trade the team I inherited last year for that one. I hate when teams better than my own are abandoned. (Or maybe I'm just bad)

Anyways, yeah, this league is cool, and you should def be the one to fill the spot.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
I have 3 questions

1) What year are each of the keepers in
2) What auction price were they purchased at
3) What is the team name (This is the most important question)

thanks

e: poo poo i just read the draft time so i can't make it anyway, but those questions will probably be important for whoever ends up taking it

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I have 3 questions

1) What year are each of the keepers in
2) What auction price were they purchased at
3) What is the team name (This is the most important question)

thanks

e: poo poo i just read the draft time so i can't make it anyway, but those questions will probably be important for whoever ends up taking it

I'll get the keeper prices on here when I'm back at my desktop -seems torturous to do here from my phone. Just wanted to post this to bump the thread and acknowledge your questions. IIRC most of the guys someone would want to keep are at reasonable prices.

The team name is literally Team Tuesday NON-PPR because Tae had something like 23 or 27 teams last year and I believe he named his teams off any distinguishing league settings.

PLEASE SOMEONE CHANGE THIS TEAM'S NAME.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Okay so due to someone randomly dropping out of the league without giving me a heads up, there are now two available teams, One team left! You can check it out below and claim first-come first-serve. The number next to the year is the cost for you to keep that player for this year, and the year in parentheses is the first year the player was on that team, which gives you an idea of how much they'll continue to cost you in future years should you wish to hang onto them.

Someone give me a holler if this looks good to you. Still over a week until the draft but I'd really like to lock this league down now.

And the second team, the newly-available KUNG FU PANDAS (someone please join and change this team's name too)

pre:
22 (2012)	QB	Andrew Luck, Ind QB
45 (2013)	RB	Matt Forte, Chi RB
28 (2013)	RB	Giovani Bernard, Cin RB
15 (2013)	RB/WR	Tavon Austin, StL WR
22 (2011)	WR	Jordy Nelson, GB WR
36 (2013)	WR	Wes Welker, Den WR
28 (2013)	TE	Jordan Cameron, Cle TE
24 (2011)	D/ST	Ravens D/ST D/ST
6 (2013)	K	Nick Folk, NYJ K
12 (2012)	Bench	Marcel Reece, Oak RB
6 (2013)	Bench	DeAndre Hopkins, Hou WR