Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Magos answers the Dark Apostle. **-- We have a set of coordinates on the planet where we believe one of their main facilities reside. They're rough however since it was acquired from the texts of the surviving sorcerer. Your warband shall have to investigate further on the ground. It is know that there are several tribes of primitives humans also living in the Pillars of Eternity. You may be able to muster them to aid you in the search. --**

**-- In any case, we shall supply you with all the information we have for this task. I assume you will accept it, you will not regret aiding Forge Polix, I'm sure!---**

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

[Necrons? Oh, this isn't going to be pleasant. They're really very boring, Erika, dangerously so. Clanky and wretched, no personality at all, and they don't like the Warp much. Slaanesh will certainly appreciate wiping such uninteresting things from the universe, but still, they have even less emotional depth than a Tyranid. No screams, no blood, no pain, no fear. Ugh.]

Erika grins in spite of the daemon's complaining. She was sure they could handle a few spooky xenos.

"Well, we need the ship fixed, and you need your alien device stolen, so I think we can provide. We go in, kick in some xenos teeth, and stroll out with their toy. I mean, obviously there will be details and complications and such, but those can be dealt with as they come up. We've yet to find a problem we can't solve by throwing enough murder at it."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

"Well there you have it, the captain of the ship has spoken. I for one relish the chance to examine such xenos machines, after they have been dissembled and rendered safe. I wonder how much their appearance differs from my blessed form?"

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

Somewhere in the annals of the Iron Snakes, Zegasi had heard tales of such Necron wargear as the Shadow Ankh. But such knowledge had been fragmented, so it was refreshing to discern more pieces of some great puzzle to assemble within his mind. Going toe-to-toe against Necrons was always a dangerous proposition, but for a sorcerer to do so against one wearing such an artifact was absurd without cunning and assistance.

The Magos himself seemed rather cagey, but at least so long as the warband was given the relevant details at some point before insertion they would likely have little cause for complaint. As for stereotypes, on the other hand...

"Their form is notably different from yours, I should say. Something about their iconography reminds one of the ancient civilizations of Egypt, on Terra long before the eras of Warp travel, or of the Thousand Sons legion. Most Necrons appear to be far less about bulk and heft than the average Magos, but their skeletal guise belies a significant strength and resilience. Humanity has still not unlocked their secrets of 'living metal', after all. But I do say 'most Necrons', as some have developed...eccentric desires about destroying all life, and in service to these desires replaced various limbs with brutal military hardware. There are also stories of those Necrons who never had such a form at all, great and powerful, though such tales are shrouded at best if not outright blind guessing."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

"I eagerly await the very easy conquering of these Necrons. We have faced horrible things before, I do not fear these imposters of Apotheosis. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

He woke up.

His mind drowned in memories. Vague memories of being frozen, his mind still actively wandering even as his body felt like stone, came to the forefront of his mind. The sounds of systems being shut down and the feeling of blood flowing through his veins once more muddled these memories further. His gaze, finally awoken, went to his weapons. Collecting them and feeling the scratching of Slaught behind his eyes, he strode forth from his capsule to find himself in a hab complex. The first splatter of blood against his face elicted warm feelings from the Slaught in his veins, as he began his butchery in the Emperor's name.

Waking up on the Silver Whisper, the sight of the now-cleaned corridors dispelled these old memories. He had slept for too long, and there was much that needed to be done.

Inquiring as to the location of the rest of the group to the bridge crew, they helpfully pointed out that they were meeting with a Magos, but that many of them had taken a trip to the market for supplies beforehand. Looking at his arms, he could see that an upgrade would probably be quite useful.

Using both of my rolls on a Normal Power Axe. Seriously, I definitely need the help in terms of armor penetration. Ordinarily, I'd get the Power Sword but then I realized that Dodge is my primary defense reaction, so I can probably cope with Unwieldy in exchange for more damage/pen. If I make the first roll for the Power Axe, then I'll probably roll for something like a stummer? My roll for the Power Axe is... TN 26, I believe (Base 21, -20 Rarity, +10 Single, +5 Event, +10 Trade-in (NQ Chainsword).

Also, consider Victus to be ON THE WAY towards the meeting with the Magos. Seeing as how the meeting is pretty much OVER, let's just say he runs into y'all after you leave.

• Locked thread