Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What?
Fire
Godzilla
?????
TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM!
Eblik Gebrunnh.
Cats. Cats are nice.
I don't know, a poll seemed to make sense.
[This space intentionally left blank]
View Results

• Locked thread
MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
We're doin' Mummy's Mask.

This ain't a recruit.

I'm still learning the game so we're using first-party stuff only, and 15 point build, two traits.

WinsonPaine
Arivia
PixelScum
HiKaizer
neongrey

Go.

MollyMetroid fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Swashbuckler/investigator/rogue. I'll pick one!

Maybe a gunslinger!

Arivia fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Aug 17, 2014

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I will be the tankiest Dwarf Oracle you have seen, and I will be irreverent and maybe sometimes and rear end in a top hat.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
I am so bad at this

http://pastebin.com/mdYRhJWs

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

http://pastebin.com/HKx5sQKx

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Working on my Wizard (with the Spellslinger archetype. Will have it done today.)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Confirming a swashbuckler!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Has anyone finished a DUDE? What is going on?

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Mine is done, with the exception of a Feat. I will post him tomorrow.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Time was being given to allow Arivia to enjoy her vacation with evilsagan.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

Has anyone finished a DUDE? What is going on?

I asked Ridley before the vacation and they said it was okay to do my character after the end of the vacation. So expect something from me in about a week.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Arivia posted:

I asked Ridley before the vacation and they said it was okay to do my character after the end of the vacation. So expect something from me in about a week.

Oh, that is swell. I was not IN THE LOOP and wondered if this had been SUNK. I will finish my manzzzzz

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I woke into darkness. The tomb of some long dead nobleman, metallic flesh and bones left as a companion in the afterlife. It had been some time; perhaps my soul was long in finding a home in this strange place. It did not matter. There was much to read, and the food offerings had been well preserved. A strange place I had chosen to return, to become. I would find out more. There was much to find, the lineage of kings and history of the world through the eyes of mortal greed written on walls and in the preserved texts. I took only what I needed to live, these things were not mine to take after all. Yet I had been left as well, and doubtless the fallen nobleman would have wanted his companion to prosper.

After a time, the well of illumination such as the tombs could provide had filled. I left. It was no great feat. Traps were made to keep intruders out, not keep what lies within pent. Even the ageless guardians left paid me no mind. Perhaps they felt I was one of their own. I was dressed in the robes of their kind, after all.

In my time beneath the earth, I reflected much on the terrors of the eternal that my dead benefactor must have felt. To have such attatchement to life and the trappings of mortality was strange to me. To see what lengths he had gone to entirely alien to nature. Yet perhaps it was my failing. I thought on these things as I dug through the sands, emerging into light for the first time.

Born from a tomb, perhaps. A fitting metaphor. Appropriate.

I will learn, I will understand. I will become more than what I am now. For now, the moment is enough.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Glindarr Eistwayn
Dwarven Oracle of Battle

It was quite a surprise that one day a few months ago when Glindarr woke up and suddenly felt the presence of the divine within him. At first he mistakenly believed it was just the presence of a really strong hangover and proceeded to drink more, and got into another brawl. This one he lost, and was summarily kicked out of the tavern and left to wander off. Glindarr had not really minded and had just been pleased with how darn great the brawl had been. When he'd thought that he'd felt the approval of some god, or gods, at this outlook on life. It had taken him a month to realise what that was and he didn't really much care about it when he had. The tale of his first spell casting? Well, that requires a lot more ale before you get to hear that one. Eventually though Glindarr got sick of people trying to venerate him as a holy man. It made fighting a lot harder when people respected you, or for strange reasons did not want to hurt you. Somehow through a series of drunken brawls, escapades and poor travel decisions he ended up in Osirion which was both far too dry, far too hot, and far too filled with humans for any decent dwarf. Fortunately Glindarr was anything but a decent dwarf. Already he has been kicked out of two taverns and told not to return and if tonight is not different he shall be adding a third to that list.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

OK you have two AMAZING players FYI

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Amestri of Sarenrae

Amestri was born to a down-on-her-luck merchant in the Sphinxside of Sothis, third child to an over-worked (and after their father disappeared in a cloud of mumia, impoverished) mother. Amestri's mother tried to do the best that she could to keep her children fed and clothed, but she was sadly unsuccessful. By Amestri's teenage years, the children were largely left on their own, trying to get by with stolen food and rag-scraps. Amestri's mother attempted to help her children, passing out what coin she could - until the day she was found with her throat slit in the canal. It turned out that Amestri's brother Meglidar had stolen something very valuable - an obsidian scarab used to unlock a tomb hidden in the Footprints of Rovagug. Worse yet, he had stolen it from the Wind Serpents - Sothis' most formidable and secret thieves' guild, semi-retired tomb robbers interested in acquiring what relics they could. To find where Meglidar had taken the scarab, the Wind Serpents tracked down and killed his entire family - including Amestri.

Amestri and Meglidar were the last taken, and she was killed first, deposited into a shallow grave in the Rose District. Or so the Wind Serpents thought - they killed Amestri in front of Meglidar to make a point to the boy, torturing the location of the scarab out of him, and made good to leave. Then the ground shook, the dirt atop Amestri's grave pushed aside as the woman rose from death. Her throat slit but not bleeding, her arms possessed of divine strength, Amestri lunged at her killers, slaying them all in surprise.

Mourning her brother, Amestri left for Sothis' Temple of the Eternal Sun, praying to Sarenrae for the goddess' intervention. Amestri swears that she was visited by Sarenrae herself there - told that it was not her time to die yet, that she had challenges ahead of her, and that she would need her new strength to overcome them. Amestri was left with an image - the tombs of Wati, great groaning monoliths creaking open for the first time in millennia. If she stayed in Sothis, she would surely die to the Wind Serpents retribution - so the bloodrager took what supplies she could and headed down the River Sphinx to the Half-City, and her destiny.

Female human (Keleshite) Bloodrager (Destined) of Sarenrae 1
NG Medium humanoid (human)

Experience 0 / 1,000 XP

Str 16 (+3)
Dex 14 (+1)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 8 (-1)
Wis 10
Cha 12 (+1)

Speed 30 ft
Init +1

AC 15 (11 touch, 14 flat-footed))
hp 12

Fort +4
Ref +1
Will 0

Defensive Abilities:
+2 to saves against death effects
+1 to saves against curses and diseases (including magical diseases)
Does not die until -18 hp

BAB +1
CMB +4
CMD 15

Earth Breaker +4 (2d6+5/x3)
Spear (thrown) +2 (1d8+3/x3/20 ft)
Spear (melee) +4 (1d8+5/x3)

Power Attack is +0 to attack rolls, +3 to damage (see Furious Focus)

Special Abilities:
Bloodrage (7 rounds/day; +4 Str and Con, +2 Will; -2 AC)
Destined Strike (3/day; +1 to an attack roll)

Feats
Furious Focus [B]
Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics +3 (+6 before ACP)
Climb +4 (+7 before ACP)
Perception +4
Survival +4

Traits:
Child of Mumia
Resurrected

Languages: Common, Kelish

Equipment:
<%Arivia> .roll 3d6
<+Morphball> Arivia: 9 = 3d6(1,3,5)
<~Ridley> if it's below average
<~Ridley> take the average. (105 gp)

3 GP 5 SP
Bloodrager's Kit
Dungeoneering Kit (Common)
Hot Weather Outfit
Hide Armour (+4/-3 ACP)
Earth Breaker
2 spears
Veil
Bullseye Lantern
9 flasks of oil
Collapsible Plank
Crowbar
Folding Ladder
Grappling Hook
Pole
5 torches

When Raging:

Str 20 (+5)
Con 18 (+4)

AC 13 (9 touch, 12 flat-footed))
hp 14

Fort +6
Will +2

CMB +6
CMD 17

Earth Breaker +6 (2d6+7/x3)
Spear (thrown) +2 (1d8+5/x3/20 ft)
Spear (melee) +6 (1d8+7/x3)

Power Attack is +0 to attack rolls, +3 to damage (see Furious Focus)

Skills
Acrobatics +3 (+6 before ACP)
Climb +6 (+9 before ACP)
Perception +4
Survival +4

Arivia fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 14, 2014

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Waiting on a couple characters yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ridley invited me to get in on this. I think I had too much fun with the backstory. Here goes.

Chad Porter, Human Brawler

Professor Tweed and Professor Vanderblood were Osirionologists from a far-off land, bitter academic rivals whose simmering hatred for each other finally boiled over when Prince Khemet announced the opening of the necropolis. Neither could resist an opportunity to participate in a career-making expedition, but, as always, they were unable to reconcile their differences of opinion; one believed the lost treasures of Wati belong in a museum, while the other plotted to steal all the mummies and sell them to racist necromancers.

They each hired a half-dozen or so strapping young laborers to assist in the excavation, and set out with teriffic haste, turning what should have been an uneventful boat trip into a perilous high-speed chase. Miraculously, nobody perished en route, but that only intensified their desperation to be the first to each the ruins.

The port of Sothis bustled with adventurers lured from all over the world with tales of ancient gold. Perhaps the story of the two hotheaded archaeologists would have continued to escalate if they had tried to keep their heads down. Perhaps it would have made for a legendary adventure, full of twists and betrayals and romance. Unfortunately for them, they brought a bit too much trouble into a city that was a bit too full of people who made trouble their livelihood, so the details of their mischief will have to be skipped. Professor Tweed was incarcerated on suspicion of arson (he insists it was an accident), while Professor Vanderblood was hospitalized after being heard uttering a few indiscreet comments about gnomes. It would be weeks - months! - before either of them was in any condition to raid a tomb.

And that's where the real story begins. For with the two professors indisposed, what became of the hired assistants brought from abroad to haul the loot out of the ruins? Their loyalty lasted no longer than their paycheck, and believe me, when you're being paid only what a scholar can afford, that's not far at all. But what were they to do? Lost in a foreign land, with little more than the clothes on their backs and no way to get home! They all scattered to the winds and were lost to history.

All but one, that is.

Chad Porter, village lad! He'd never stepped beyond the county line until that fine fancy college man came looking for hands.

Chad Porter, strong as an ox, and about as witty and handsome as one, too! He couldn't find Osirion on a map, but he reckons that's no reason he can't get the job done.

Chad Porter, team player! If you're willing to pull your weight, you'll never be alone, especially not when there's so dang many people around.

Chad Porter, never lost a fight! There's nothing complicated about it. Fightin', y'see, is the practical matter of whuppin' the other fella 'til he starts to reconsider tryin' to whup you.

With such sterling qualifications, surely it was his destiny to become... Chad Porter, treasure hunter!

Character sheet forthcoming.

• Locked thread