Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gotta go fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Let's retreat the full 2.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Advance 3, to make Byron dizzy so he reveals his weak spot

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Beat 8

Byron Krane
9 life
Discard 1: Faceless Burst
Discard 2: Deathless Shot
Finisher: Soul Trap

Clinhyde Eight
1 life
Discard 1: Toxic Dash
Discard 2: Shock Shot
Finisher: Ritherwhyte Infusion

--No ante.
--Clinhyde can't lose any more life!

--Clinhyde is at range 1. Soulless gains +2 power, but Clinhyde can't lose any more life!
--Byron has priority -1. Clinhyde has priority 5. Clinhyde is the active player!

--Clinhyde may advance 0~2 spaces. Let's assume he wants to hit, so he'll advance 2.

--Gravity Drive has a range of 2~6. At range 2, it hits!

--Clinhyde moves Byron to any space. Let's say the corner.
--Clinhyde deals 4 damage! Byron cannot be stunned!

--Soulless Smoke has a range of 1~5. At range 3, it hits!

--Byron may move Clinhyde up to one square, but Clinhyde can ignore the movement.
--Byron deals 5 damage!

:siren: Byron Krane wins by knockout! Congratulations, ActingPower! :siren:

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 25, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So I guess this is Peak Clinhyde. 4 infusions at 1 life. Got to go like 3-0 on damage, but this is exciting.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sadly ritherwhyte isn't a real stim

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Gutter Owl posted:

:siren: Byron Krane wins by knockout! Congratulations, ActingPower! :siren:

Went with auto resolve. The only other option Tolly had was to move 0~1, miss his attack, and take a point-blank shot from Byron.

I think Tolly's crucial mistake was Beat 7.5, when he dashed close to Byron, rather than taking the opposite corner and playing to his Ritherwhyte-powered range superiority. Gravity Drive/Strike/Frenzy from the end of the arena would have then let you control Byron's minimum and maximum ranges. (Frenzy would have also given you the benefit of being able to shut off and reactivate Hylatine for Soak, or Crizma for a killing blow.

Well played, both of you! Thanks for playing!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I figured Soulless Smoke was coming, thought I couldn't do anything about it (brain glitched and I thought the opposite corner was in his range for some reason :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Well, that was quite an interesting match. Good game!

I have to wonder, though, how this would have gone had you chosen Vital Silver Infusion instead. You drained your health pretty quick there towards the end, and you needed that extra health against the guy who never dies. Ah, well. That's just speculation.

• Locked thread