Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
these days the doc sends it directly to ur pharmacy electronically but idk if theres an actual standardized pharmacy integration system (seriously doubt this) or if its just automatically sending faxes back and forth (its probably this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
this robot is cool because it has eyes and a hardhat but it's job is kind of boring but it seems to be ok with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBASpwch5qc

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

why cant the thing that lifts the tubes up to present them to the robot just lift one end higher to drain the fluid out? seems a bit like they are using the robot thing because they had one sitting around.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

these days the doc sends it directly to ur pharmacy electronically but idk if theres an actual standardized pharmacy integration system (seriously doubt this) or if its just automatically sending faxes back and forth (its probably this)

unless the doc is prescribing something from schedule two. then you have to bring in actual pieces of paper

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

Shaggar posted:

eRX transaction hubs are plentiful and none of them are compat w/ each other. the most popular one is surescripts, but some pharmacies don't have it (CVS is a big one). eRX falls back on faxed prescriptions if eRX fails, so most private practices have at the very least a fax server w/ modem or a subscription to an e-fax service

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Thanks Ants posted:

why cant the thing that lifts the tubes up to present them to the robot just lift one end higher to drain the fluid out? seems a bit like they are using the robot thing because they had one sitting around.

they want to give the robot more to do to make it feel important

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
if my job gets robotized, i don't care because i'll just go on unemployment and have a bunch more free time

this isn't laziness it's post-scarcity

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

ol qwerty bastard posted:

if my job gets robotized, i don't care because i'll just go on unemployment and have a bunch more free time

this isn't laziness it's post-scarcity

wish YOUR posts were more scarce

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

ol qwerty bastard posted:

wish YOUR posts were more scarce

wish YOUR posts... oh...

nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

we can now automate things like "being a dog"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZFhTdCCAYU

i love how confused the dogs are in this video. "why are you pushing down on me? how does that help you build a robot?"

• Locked thread