Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Thanks for the insight. Man, lightweight is in a whirlwind right now and it's spectacular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I thought it was a good stoppage, but I don't like UFC Benson so I'm probably biased since seeing him get knocked out was really satisfying

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Marching Powder posted:

why? that fight contained none of the things that make bendo unpopular

I'm Korean.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Big John is human and of course makes mistakes, but he's also been doing this for literally 20 years so I tend to just trust his judgement when he's right on top of it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Bendo was obviously done after that left hook that sat him down, dunno why anyone would say otherwise. His arms were flailing and he wasn't doing anything good to defend, he would have just eaten more shots.

DON RAPER
Jan 1, 2011

Let me ask you something
what do women want?
Good to see that Rashad is still doing JBJ impressions

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lloyd Boner posted:

I'm Korean.

It has been a bad day for you in UFC main events/co-mains hasn't it...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

DON RAPER posted:

Bisping owns.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

-Atom- posted:

Thanks for the insight. Man, lightweight is in a whirlwind right now and it's spectacular.

i only wish the loving champion, you know, fought. gilbert's going to loving beat him too so that will be weird

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

DON RAPER posted:

He is just reclaiming his swag that Jon jacked from him

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Lid posted:

It has been a bad day for you in UFC main events/co-mains hasn't it...

Yep.

Still, Woodley and RDA are at least cool fighters.

If TKZ loses to Corassani...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lloyd Boner posted:

If TKZ loses to Corassani...

NO. SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Lid posted:

NO. SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Before this fight they were showing the rankings and it was still Benson Henderson #1 and Gilbert Melendez #2 and I thought to myself "how are they going to bump Gilbert up to #1 right before the Pettis fight like you know they're going to do" and then RDA does it before UFC's marketing team has to finagle it themselves. lmao

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MrSmokes posted:

Bendo was obviously done after that left hook that sat him down, dunno why anyone would say otherwise. His arms were flailing and he wasn't doing anything good to defend, he would have just eaten more shots.

Nobody is saying otherwise except the dumb mouthbreathers in the crowd. Even Bendo could only mount the ol' "it is what it is" defence. I find it funny that 20 or so people crawled out of the woodwork to explain that it was a good stoppage when literally nobody here said otherwise. Who cares if the crowd booed it?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2vaeWUtfiM
I only skimmed the Macau one but this one I'm going to watch live. :munch:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Goddamn it I missed the last three fights of the card. Any gifs?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

Goddamn it I missed the last three fights of the card. Any gifs?

There not up yet but r/mma usually has gifs of all the finishes/highlights up pretty quick.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I missed the beginning. I'm assuming RDA and Saunders were POTN but what was FOTN?

e: Vick Lazaro is the clear winner imo

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Four PotN's awarded to RDA, Mein, Leites, and Saunders. No Fight of the Night awarded

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Ahahahaha holy gently caress that balled on all cylinders. What strange witches' brew is involved in having a main card be comprised of a streak of contender level dudes being starched within 2 minutes all the way through the main card? That's so goddamned unlikely. I wanted Mein to win, but I hated to see Pyle lose like that because he's a solid vet. What a hook, though!

It was incredible seeing Bendo get (undeniably) knocked the gently caress out for once. I was thinking the entire (mere moments of the) fight how Dos Anjos looked like he had leveled his striking up by a ridiculous level, but goddamn! And then he steals the whole "love ya, Jesus" bit. Bravo.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
also lmao @ half an arena full of hayseed dullards long braying their displeasure at being robbed the joy of an insufferable 5 round Bensoning

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I just went and read the posts from the Chinese card and apparently you guys don't understand how much Tyron Woodley owns :colbert:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

I just went and read the posts from the Chinese card and apparently you guys don't understand how much Tyron Woodley owns :colbert:

He broke Condit man

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dangersim posted:

He broke Condit man

Therefore, he is the enemy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

jesus christ le's face

asian power

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Thales Leites making a successful UFC comeback at this point is pretty cool and funny. Good for him. I hope he somehow makes it all the way to a title shot.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Centripetal Horse fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 24, 2014

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

MrSmokes posted:

Thales Leites making a successful UFC comeback at this point is pretty cool and funny. Good for him. I hope he somehow makes it all the way to a title shot.

Given Weidman is now even scarier than Silva striking, where does Leites go to avoid fighting at all costs? Phase through the floor of the Octagon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8k-obRa90k

• Locked thread