Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

lol epic dialogue sequences where choosing one option over the other makes a character die by getting hit by a random asteroid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LaTex Fetish posted:

lol epic dialogue sequences where choosing one option over the other makes a character die by getting hit by a random asteroid

I was talking about gameplay. Don't post at me anymore because you are dumb and not worth talking to.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*talks really slowly* I said the Game Mechanics were good, as in the bits where you shoot people aka the Actual Game. Do you understand, retard?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

:10bux: money match :10bux:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*talks really slowly* I said the Game Mechanics were good, as in the bits where you shoot people aka the Actual Game. Do you understand, retard?

in bioware games the main mechanic is the dialogue

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

mass effect 3 is $5 now so i might buy it and play it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My favorite game mechanic is the Engineer in TF2, but I also like Keira from the Jak games.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Breetai posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was better than 3/3+knuckles; it had much tighter, well-thought out levels and didn't degenerate into a boring slog like its sequels.

Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 are all the same game. It's like Nintendo would've released three Super Mario Worlds with different levels and stuff but they didn't cause they're not cheap like Sega.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
ME1 was real janky and bad, ME2 was more fun to play despite it still being a kind of boring third person cover shooter. I never played ME3.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The story was better too because it started getting really goofy instead of just a retread of Babylon 5 or whatever.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's really starting to irk me that a bunch of 14 year old smash players show up to retro game stores and all they do is gush about the NES like it's something that can't be topped.

And the thing is I don't even think they own the system I think they just watched a bunch of Lps.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
retro game stores are loving stupid, they take all the fun out of finding old games and inflate the prices

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

retro game stores are loving stupid, they take all the fun out of finding old games and inflate the prices

Yeah but occasionally I find some deals, but gently caress playing 25 bucks for a copy of NES Zelda. I've got the Gamecube Anthology which is probably better at this point since you don't need to deal with old batteries. But there's a bunch of people who have no problems dropping 500 bucks on an 8 bit system at these stores.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

500 bucks on an 8 bit system at these stores.

lol what a loving dumbass. youre a loving dumbass for even giving these people money. everyones that even goes to that shoppe is a dumbass

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LaTex Fetish posted:

lol what a loving dumbass. youre a loving dumbass for even giving these people money. everyones that even goes to that shoppe is a dumbass

I found a bunch of dreamcast games for 2 bucks, granted they were missing the case but I had all the materials to create replica cases. When I go to retro stores rarely so I spend over 40 bucks. The One time I did it was because I found a copy of Primal for 2 dollars, Jedi Outcast for 3 dollars, Ogre Battle 64 for 15, a Gold cart OoT for 15, and Gunbird 2 for 12.

I think I got Power Shovel for the playstation in that same trip too which was another 2 dollar game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LaTex Fetish posted:

Disagree.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Disagree.

do you and t reap go to that shoppe together?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Who cares about the shop's moral values as long as you can get video games for low $$$.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sorry you were personally offended by the prices of the shop The Taint Reaper buys retro video games at, LaTex Fetish.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i'm really loving triggered that you would even disagree with me, even if ironically.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
most of the time I go there to look or just to get some poo poo repaired.

Some of them also have free arcades to play. I would never buy an over priced system like that though. I only support lower priced games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's really starting to irk me that a bunch of 14 year old smash players show up to retro game stores and all they do is gush about the NES like it's something that can't be topped.

And the thing is I don't even think they own the system I think they just watched a bunch of Lps.

there's this new fangled thing called emulators

• Locked thread