Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

star wars shadows of the empire had a flamethrower

i can't attest to how good it is because i never used it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i'm pretty sure it was one of those garbage melee flamethrowers

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
You could use a flamethrower in CoD:WaW and use it to burn the Japanese out of their hidy holes. Pretty hosed up if you ask me.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everquest

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Turok 2 had a flamethrower that actually shot a big arcing stream of flame like a real flamethrower would, and also I'm pretty sure each flame had its own individual lighting effects and the framerate poo poo itself whenever you were firing it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Turok 2 had a flamethrower that actually shot a big arcing stream of flame like a real flamethrower would, and also I'm pretty sure each flame had its own individual lighting effects and the framerate poo poo itself whenever you were firing it

killing floor's does this effect and i've had it bog down an i7 w/ a nvidia quadro workstation thing before

it is on ut2004's engine

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

return to castle wolfenstein's flamethrower is the only flamethrower i've ever enjoyed in a game. why can't anyone else ever get it right

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Flamer in KF is real good cuz it gets you autobanned on Brazilian servers

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

ForeverSmug posted:

Flamer in KF is real good cuz it gets you autobanned on Brazilian servers

brazil proves, yet again, to have worse taste in videogames than anywhere else on the planet

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
red orchestra 2s flamethrower was fun

it had like twice as much range as your typical fps flamer which was still garbage, and had a problem in that youre the biggest loving target in the world with it what with everyone in ro2 invariably huddled in some hole trying to shoot people walking past them, and also fire didnt kill instantly while bullets did, so you tend to fall into a "walk into area, try to flame a guy, get shot and die instantly" pattern. then you reach some building where all the dipshits on earth were huddling trying to be epic snipers, and you sneak up to it and then just burn the motherfucker down while people run around freaking out because holy poo poo everything is fire aaaaaaaaa and you get around 20 kills before running out of fuel 5 seconds later and being shot by the first dude with an smg that bothers to stop your rampage

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Protagonist posted:

you should prob check out some real flamers
:wiggle:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tipster
Mar 7, 2013

I used the flamethrower in deus ex to repeatedly light the men in black on fire

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ratchet and Clank: Up You Arsenal.

It transforms into a liquid nitrogen gun later on.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

Ratchet and Clank: Up You Arsenal.

It transforms into a liquid nitrogen gun later on.

That gun was great, but there was a pretty good legit flamethrower in one of the more recent games iirc

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

That gun was great, but there was a pretty good legit flamethrower in one of the more recent games iirc

The flamethrower in Tools of Destruction was good because it became a double flamethrower when you fully upgraded it.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

zen death robot posted:

Wolfenstien: The New Order has a great flamethrower as well as some really awkward sex scenes

The two most important things in video games

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Wolfenstien: The New Order has a great flamethrower as well as some really awkward sex scenes

why would they put sex scenes in wolfenstien

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
wolfenstein the new order is a thoroughly mediocre game, I don't even remember there being a flamethrower

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I remember it having a nazi moonbase and jewish atlantis with ancient jewish atlantean iron man armor.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Conker: Live & Reloaded probably still has the coolest flamethrower. It was a glowy particle effect stream like RTCWs flamer, and had both napalm anti-personnel and acid anti-armour modes and properly arced so that aiming up would actually send it further IIRC.

Mass Effect 2 has a nice space flamethrower as well.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
never forget :911:

http://youtu.be/RYXNUnbP68k?t=3m

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Lawman 0 posted:

i cover this phenomena in my article "the bioware-ization of games" look for it in scholarly publications specializing in the interactive medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Lawman 0 posted:

because dumb action movies and bad alternate history novels* also have awkward sex scenes and why wouldn't you want to play one of those things

*all alternate history novels are bad

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i cover this phenomena in my article "the bioware-ization of games" look for it in scholarly publications specializing in the interactive medium.

Bioware loving wishes they invented something as good and integral to fiction as awful sex scenes

• Locked thread