Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

chaosbreather posted:

civ 4 has the best theme music and caption readings

civ 5 with all the expansions has the best everything else

Lol at the retard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

conceitedguy posted:

Lol at the retard.

especially considering civ 5 actually had the best narrator :colbert:

Borsche69 posted:

Huh? That statement seems contradictory.

i guess what he means is only a handful of cities are gonna be interesting and the rest are just shitholes you put up since one gold is still one gold

related: in civ 4 are you supposed to just poo poo out as many cities as possible or do you want them in reasonalby decent locations? also if i wanna found a city in the midgame what can i do to get it up to speed?

Drachenreiter
May 6, 2007

I want you to stick that green spotted egg up my ass so I can incubate it

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

civ 5 is worse than civ 3 because it's so much more successful

:buddy: :buddy: :buddy:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

StashAugustine posted:

especially considering civ 5 actually had the best narrator :colbert:

Jesus Christ.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
At the risk of being trolled into oblivion, Civ V with all the xpacs is really good, but it only puts it on par with Civ IV as far as content, and Civ IV seemed to have the best nationality balance.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

At the risk of being trolled into oblivion, Civ V with all the xpacs is really good, but it only puts it on par with Civ IV as far as content, and Civ IV seemed to have the best nationality balance.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is this not the thread where the idea that "Civ V is good" was categorically debunked.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fall from Heaven 2, with the Fall Further modmod installed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Jesus Christ.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Is this not the thread where the idea that "Civ V is good" was categorically debunked.

that was the one titled "civ 5 is the best civ" and the op tricked us into thinking he was a fag for two pagse before slamdunking civ5babies

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

that was the one titled "civ 5 is the best civ" and the op tricked us into thinking he was a fag for two pagse before slamdunking civ5babies

The Yolomancer holds great and terrible power at his command.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zeal posted:

Fall from Heaven 2, with the Fall Further modmod installed

Rise of Erebus is a little bit too unbalanced for me, but it's still fun. Fall From Heaven fix up mod is good.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
*builds 4 cities*

*hits end turn 200 times, getting interrupted by
a million popups*

Truly a modern classic. Oh look someone declared war finally. Wait no nothing happened because they are too stupid to move. Fun

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Powercrazy posted:

Rise of Erebus is a little bit too unbalanced for me, but it's still fun. Fall From Heaven fix up mod is good.

i loooved playing the lizardman civs that terraformed their territory into swampy jungle

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

related: in civ 4 are you supposed to just poo poo out as many cities as possible or do you want them in reasonalby decent locations? also if i wanna found a city in the midgame what can i do to get it up to speed?

More cities is always going to be better than, but there are 2 things:

1. You can't expand too fast or you collapse your economy. Cities are an investment so making GBS threads out cities in every iceball location won't give you a very good return.
2. By the time your economy can support you stuffing cities in every nook and cranny (I'm talking about the real late game), the return that you get from those cities is such a small fraction of your economy that you won't notice the difference. Yeah more cities = better than, but you don't get a huge leg up over opponents.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Wait you grade civ games by what civs they used? jesus christ.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Morholt posted:

*builds 4 cities*

*hits end turn 200 times, getting interrupted by
a million popups*

Truly a modern classic. Oh look someone declared war finally. Wait no nothing happened because they are too stupid to move. Fun

Don't forget that THEY have to declare war on YOU, because the player declaring war makes no sense thanks to all the loving penalties assocaited with war (diplomatic pariah, increased tech cost, global happiness) and that capturing a city doesn't actually provide a return worth the attack until well after the game is over.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

Don't forget that THEY have to declare war on YOU, because the player declaring war makes no sense thanks to all the loving penalties assocaited with war (diplomatic pariah, increased tech cost, global happiness) and that capturing a city doesn't actually provide a return worth the attack until well after the game is over.

bring back capturing technologies from cities imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

for all the dumb poo poo in civ III colonies need to make a comeback

• Locked thread