Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

3peat posted:

That was the NBA finals and the world won

Nah, Finals MVP and winning coach were still from America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Send the USA Women's team to this tournament

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

curry triumphantly munching on his mouthpiece

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
USA ain't nothing to gently caress with.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Spacebump posted:

USA ain't nothing to gently caress with.

you already know

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Really love watching USA bury the rest of the world with shooting tournament after tournament, following the(somewhat deserved) stereotype after 2004-06 that the US was a bunch of unskilled athletes

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Spacebump posted:

I can't believe some people thought this team might not win gold. Now they are going to have the best win margin in tournament history. The lesson is the world hasn't caught up.

To be fair, I think people thought Spain would prove the only legitimate challenge, and we didn't get to play them. Pretty sure nobody expected Serbia to stand a chance here

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

joe football posted:

Really love watching USA bury the rest of the world with shooting tournament after tournament, following the(somewhat deserved) stereotype after 2004-06 that the US was a bunch of unskilled athletes

the only deserved stereotype about team USA you can take away from 2004 is that Larry Brown is a big piece of poo poo

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

people seriously said spain would win this. some big time idiots.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

shame the US didn't completely obliterate spain in the final, that would have been hilarious, some great pau faces

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

holy poo poo, hulking, grey-beard, suit-wearing vlade

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I still feel that Team USA 2004 would have had difficulty getting out of the second round of the playoffs in either conference that year.

Well now that Team USA is qualified they shouldn't have to worry about the fact that the 2015 America's Championship is in the middle of the season.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Derrick Rose can't even bring himself to dance after winning a gold medal and when a Plumlee is doing it

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

Olympic basketball should just be a USA vs the world game

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Western Europe team, Eastern Europe Team, then Asia + Africa + South America Team. That would be a contest.

Let's try to put those together. With the West/East dividing line being the old Warsaw pact borders.

3peat
May 6, 2010

Igor Strelkov posted:

Eastern Europe Team,

Oh yes, let's put serbs, croats, slovenes and greeks in the same team. And latvians, lithuanians and russians. Maybe put a turk there too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
God, how much more of a slaughter would it be if Durant was still in it

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

3peat posted:

Oh yes, let's put serbs, croats, slovenes and greeks in the same team. And latvians, lithuanians and russians. Maybe put a turk there too.

France + Spain + Deng and some Italians would win against them.

But the US would still beat every one.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The US against 5 Andrays Blatche.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

The US against 5 Andrays Blatche.

2 Blatches and 3 tiny Filipino point guards.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I still feel that Team USA 2004 would have had difficulty getting out of the second round of the playoffs in either conference that year.

Eh Duncan wouldn't have spent every nba game in foul trouble. It Also would probably have helped if they had a coach who realized LeBron was on the team

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Mandrel posted:

Yeah, like sure we don't have any of the top 5 players on the planet, but other than Plumlee the team is comprised of like the next 10-15 guys on that list

um excuse me we had all the top 20 players we wanted except for Blake Griffin and Isaiah Thomas, everyone else we excluded we excluded for good reason

1. Kevin Durant-OKC 29.8 - doesn't possess winning mentality
2. LeBron James-MIA 29.3 - not clutch, doesn't lift
3. Kevin Love-MIN 26.9 - visibly unathletic
4. Anthony Davis-NOP 26.5
5. DeMarcus Cousins-SAC 26.1
6. Chris Paul-LAC 25.9 - crotch-punching cheater
7. Carmelo Anthony-NYK 24.4 - wife stinks of cereal
8. Stephen Curry-GSW 24.1
9. Blake Griffin-LAC 23.9 - 'I would love to play but my back hurts' wah wah
10. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 23.6 - foreign, already works for us undercover sabotaging team Germany
11. James Harden-HOU 23.5
12. Al Jefferson-CHA 22.7 - Bobcat Jefferson don't play for free
13. Andre Drummond-DET 22.6
14. Dwyane Wade-MIA 22.0 - crotch-kicking cheater
15. LaMarcus Aldridge-POR 21.8 - can't dunk
16. Goran Dragic-PHO 21.4 - foreign, forced to play for Slovenia after they kidnapped his brother
17. Tim Duncan-SAS 21.3 - does not play - old
18. Dwight Howard-HOU 21.3 - everyone knows Dwight is not good anymore
19. Nikola Pekovic-MIN 20.7 - foreign, won't shower with the team for fear of ethnic cleansing
20. Isaiah Thomas-SAC 20.5 - literally too small to play defense at the pro level and is a better defender than Harden no reason whatsoever to leave him off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRt7FPE8f_s

• Locked thread