Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
So I went out in the yard tonight to investigate a odd call that I only hear when out in the sticks. I have got Foxes and a good few. Counted 4 sets of eyes tonight, one set is high enough up to be an adult while the other three seem to be kits. We have had them before on the block, only a few streets off from farm land and the country, but never could catch them.

So any one know how to live trap foxes? They have never taken the bait before in the live traps we set out before I managed to some how snag it out with out shutting it down. That of course could of been cats or any other number of critters. I would like to trap them with some food that's had the rabies vaccine in it or feed it to them after I get them. Plan is if I catch them to take them out into country proper. Thinking a ways behind the county park. Nearest things near that or a golf course, firemen training area and the police shooting range, and of course farms.

I would love some help with them because around here most peoples reactions and even what animal control will tell me is to shoot it and call them for pick up, since I am not going to eat them I would much rather avoid killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The farms will love you for setting foxes out near them and their homes. Foxes roam miles. You'd do better to drop them off near a wildlife preserve-y kinda area.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
It's just Cotten but that plans done with. Called the game warden and was told to catch what I could and they would send some one down to pick them up, turns out there's a rehab center in lubbock.

Also reported the fact city animal control told me to shoot them and as a fur bearing animal they are gona be in trouble.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
A fox was killing my chickens so I poisoned it.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
The trick is to wedge the trap open and bait it every night for a while so they get used to going in there and getting the food. Don't actually set it for a week or more, until they've stopped worrying about it.

• Locked thread