Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alan Cross

"Keep on your guard. There might be more....things in there." I pulled out my knife and inched towards the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Leila Shigane
FP 1/3

"Things? You mean dogs, right?" I don't even believe that thing was a dog anymore, but the career detective insists it can't be anything else. Still, I draw the pistol out, just in case. "Yeah, has to be dogs. What the gently caress is with this radio?"

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Munson Street

The static from the radio grows as you approach the open car door. There's nothing of interest inside the police cruiser itself - the seats are ripped up like the crashed car on the other street, and you briefly glimpse at least two large beetles scurrying around.
After you finish glancing at the interior, you turn around...nothing. The radio continues to release noise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alan Cross

"Jesus, would that drat radio stop? I'm gonna have a heart attack!"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Leila Shigane
FP 1/3

"How long have these things been crashed here? And what the hell is causing that static?!" This is bad, this is bad, this is so loving bad. "Hello?! Show yourself! Dog or...whatever!"

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Munson Street

There's no visible movement in the cluster of sedans. Through the static, you can faintly hear the squeak and slam of a door, followed by footsteps on concrete, then...
"Christ! This is an investigation, stop loving around with the radios!"
A tall man, black hair with a widows peak, in a blue police uniform, steps through the fog to your left, visibly agitated.
"I can't leave you shitheads alone for a second, can I? Someone shut off that drat-"
He pauses, studies the two of you, and slowly edges toward the gun loosely hanging from its holster.
"T-This road's supposed to be closed off." The officer eyes the weapons in your hands. "Listen, put those things away. Don't you know what's going on here?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Leila Shigane
FP 1/3

"Another person?!" I can't keep the surprise from creeping into my voice as I holster my pistol. And he's an officer too! The familiar sight is a big help for my train of thought. "Oh, thank Christ! I'm Detective Shigane, currently, uh, between departments at the moment." Well, that's technically true... "Uh...we lost a guy on the way here...and we shot a zombie dog...and we've been running from the gas station to here through this drat fog...we have no idea what's going on here." But he sounds like he does! At least, he knows more than we do. "Uh...do you?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alan Cross

Jesus Christ, finally another person. I folded the knife away and placed it in my pocket, holding my hands up. "Alan Cross, I'm an author. Basically everything she said. You don't know how good it is to see someone else. What the gently caress even happened here, it's like a nightmare."

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Munson Street

"Okay, good." The officer crosses his arms and continues. "Listen, uh, Detective...Wait, zombie dogs? Losing a guy?" His face turns from anger to confusion as the two of you keep talking.
"What the hell are the two of you going on about? You two shouldn't be here, anyway, this area is...was closed off."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alan Cross

"I don't know what the heck is going on, but something is. We were following a cruiser because we thought we might get some answers."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Leila Shigane
FP 1/3

"We saw; there was a bunch of broken police tape outside." I shrug. Don't tell me he's as in the dark as we are...! "And I don't know if it was a zombie dog. All I know is it was vicious and it didn't look rabid. So...why was this place closed off?"

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Munson Street

"You didn't hear? Oh, right, you're out of town." The officer puts his hand to temples and glares at you. "Yeah, I'd be happy to divulge details of a grisly murder to two strangers that broke into a crime scene, but I'm gonna have to ask you to shut off that..." His voice trails off as something behind you catches his attention. He edges his hand towards his holstered gun and walks past you, towards the half circle of cars.
"Whatever's back there, come out slowly and peacefully!" Under his breath, he mutters something along the lines of 'this loving night', but you're not sure.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Leila Shigane
FP 1/3

"Officer, I understand we might sound like a bunch of idiot reporters, but--" I stop as I see the other man look past me rather than at me. "Huh?! We weren't followed!" I grab my flashlight and my pistol and turn to follow him. "Listen to the officer! You're covered by weapons, buddy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alan Cross

Leila and the officer ended up running past me as I pulled out my knife and followed. "No fair, I only have a knife! What am I supposed to do?"

• Locked thread