Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
surc
Aug 17, 2004

Nintendo: "Hmm the DS was region free and people pirated on it. While we're making the 3DS more secure, better also make it region locked because gently caress our fans."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

surc posted:

Nintendo: "Hmm the DS was region free and people pirated on it. While we're making the 3DS more secure, better also make it region locked because gently caress our fans."

that might actually be part of it, if the crack requires a certain game or pretending to be a certain game, at least it would be in a smaller area than the entire world

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

surc posted:

Gonna use this thread to confess that I pre-ordered the special edition of SMTIV and then could not get into it at all. It's sitting on my shelf in the hopes that it will appreciate in value to whales at some point. I just did not enjoy the combat, and the prologue section sucked the joy out of it for me. I stare at it collecting dust sometimes, thinking how much I will never play it.

It seems that you have AIDS. I'm sorry.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

fronz posted:

It seems that you have AIDS. I'm sorry.

gently caress.
I knew I shouldn't have touched that Xbone. :(

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

surc posted:

gently caress.
I knew I shouldn't have touched that Xbone. :(

i think you should give SMT4 more of a shot. the intro is definitely the weakest part of the game. once you get past that it opens up a lot and i thought basically every aspect of the game improved markedly. you'll have a lot more quests, a lot more fusion options, actual armor and weapons, more customization, etc.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

You never need to negotiate with demons again after the tutorial, which is a plus imo

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i like demon negotiation in theory, but they've never really managed to get it to a point where i think it adds something positive to demon recruitment

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

i think you should give SMT4 more of a shot. the intro is definitely the weakest part of the game. once you get past that it opens up a lot and i thought basically every aspect of the game improved markedly. you'll have a lot more quests, a lot more fusion options, actual armor and weapons, more customization, etc.
Nah.

Dec 26, 2012

smt4 is really good. try it a little longer

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Alternatively, leave and never return.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i have strong opinions about the various sub-series of the megami tensei franchise

I do as well: The opinion is that they're very good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

mido is always high as gently caress

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lesbian baphomet posted:

I do as well: The opinion is that they're very good.

hooray!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
It's still funny to me that smt4 has paid dlc

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

It's still funny to me that smt4 has paid dlc

What's funnier: it's really good.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

fronz posted:

What's funnier: it's really good.

:roflolmao:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

in devil survivor you get to plainly choose who lives and dies, which is a plus for me, a miserable angry person.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

BKPR posted:

in devil survivor you get to plainly choose who lives and dies, which is a plus for me, a miserable angry person.

This reminds me. Is the Devil Survivor 3DS port worth holding out for, for when I get a 3DS? Or should I just get it on my DS?

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Hopefully you guys get it one day because it's really good. I'm on my 4th playthrough.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mach2 posted:

This reminds me. Is the Devil Survivor 3DS port worth holding out for, for when I get a 3DS? Or should I just get it on my DS?

on the 3ds you can download it and dont have to wait to find it in a store somewhere or ordered in a box from online, and its on sale for half off basically all of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Ill buy a 3ds the day iots release probably.

• Locked thread