Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
People were debating weather or not to make the WoW private server Blizz-Like or with modified rule sets. We wound up going with custom rule sets for 100% drop rates of things, the MOBS and Bossses are all behaving properly. Stuff drops and achievements all work. One of the people helping me apparently wanted to do procedural patching so the switch to vanilla-> cata world would be possible while clearing all content. That seemed to work out fine, also the vendor who sells the TCG items sells the Blizzard store items for like 1g each so even the extra extra poo poo works.

We also dicked around with some custom maps I made in maya and not only do they work, this also means for the hell of you it you could recreate morrowind with WoW assets, but those won't be used for this. Same with giving the WoW characters diablo character abilities and smashing through packs of mobs just like in diablo, which worked very well if you changed the values of AOE abilities.

And we got the AQ event and quest chain working so everyone can be Scarab Lords. The values for cloth and poo poo is changed so each piece counts for more than it is and it doesn't take days to complete.

But we're having 20 people over this week, and everyone wants to do everything. The only thing that probably will be changed are the PVP ones and will be granted automatically after just entering the specified PVP arena(nobody really likes PVP).

Mind you nobody is making money off of this, and I really gotta wonder why Blizzard doesn't make a forge program like Bethesda did with Morrowind. Because it's a load of fun making your own areas and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

(nobody really likes PVP).

wow it was sounding cool and then all of a sudden it turned into a buncha human being casuals licking each other's balls.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LaTex Fetish posted:

wow it was sounding cool and then all of a sudden it turned into a buncha human being casuals licking each other's balls.

I dunno 100 matches of each will take hours. That's why nobody likes PVP achievements.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Voted one, and I'm moving on.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

mabels big day posted:

Voted one, and I'm moving on.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

LaTex Fetish posted:

as much as I hate siding with taint rapper, wow pvp is horrible bullshit and nothing is lost by excluding it

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

People were debating weather or not to make the WoW private server Blizz-Like or with modified rule sets. We wound up going with custom rule sets for 100% drop rates of things, the MOBS and Bossses are all behaving properly. Stuff drops and achievements all work. One of the people helping me apparently wanted to do procedural patching so the switch to vanilla-> cata world would be possible while clearing all content. That seemed to work out fine, also the vendor who sells the TCG items sells the Blizzard store items for like 1g each so even the extra extra poo poo works.

We also dicked around with some custom maps I made in maya and not only do they work, this also means for the hell of you it you could recreate morrowind with WoW assets, but those won't be used for this. Same with giving the WoW characters diablo character abilities and smashing through packs of mobs just like in diablo, which worked very well if you changed the values of AOE abilities.

And we got the AQ event and quest chain working so everyone can be Scarab Lords. The values for cloth and poo poo is changed so each piece counts for more than it is and it doesn't take days to complete.

But we're having 20 people over this week, and everyone wants to do everything. The only thing that probably will be changed are the PVP ones and will be granted automatically after just entering the specified PVP arena(nobody really likes PVP).

Mind you nobody is making money off of this, and I really gotta wonder why Blizzard doesn't make a forge program like Bethesda did with Morrowind. Because it's a load of fun making your own areas and poo poo.

Im not sure if the posts you make are copied from another forum, or your genuine thoughts but your boring as gently caress and I cant ever get past a single line of what you post. gently caress you.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno 100 matches of each will take hours. That's why nobody likes PVP achievements.

You can change the value of other stuff but not this?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Doctor Goat posted:

You can change the value of other stuff but not this?

I dunno there's stuff like Wintergrasp which is fun, but then you have stuff like Warsong gultch. People were really luke warm about doing PVP, like they just seemed to want to try each battle area once and then maybe go back to it after all the PVE content was cleared.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
warsong gulch was poo poo, just a crappy poorly balanced capture the flag game

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Sharmat posted:

warsong gulch was poo poo, just a crappy poorly balanced capture the flag game

perhaps the same could be said of all religions

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

as much as I hate siding with taint rapper, wow pvp is horrible bullshit and nothing is lost by excluding it

nah vanilla pvp was really fun. its never been balanced, but its always been really fun

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I had a lot of fun on whatever map you got access to after Warsong Gulch.

That's as far as I got in WoW though. Got bored by about level 40.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

arathi basin was my favorite battleground after pre-fuckup alterac valley

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LaTex Fetish posted:

arathi basin was my favorite battleground after pre-fuckup alterac valley

Yeah those were good ones. But the other issue is I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be on the same side. Last time we did Horde, so we may do alliance.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

world of taintreap

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so whose dick do i have to suck to get taint reap banned

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Why would you want to ban a forums treasure

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

another taint to the pile

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Endorph posted:

You're welcome to suck my pokédick but I can't promise it will get you what you desire

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pikachu posted:

You're welcome to suck my pokédick but I can't promise it will get you what you desire
look ill be honest i just wanted to cram some cocks into my mouth, getting taint reap banned is an elaborate cover story

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Endorph posted:

probably more dick than i'd have to suck to get you banned

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
What state?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
We just finished a few minutes ago.

Server worked incredibly well and we did Vanilla, most of TBC, and parts of WoTLK. So tomorrow is rest of WOTLK, Cataclysm, and MOP. People got their Thunderfuries and Sulfurases. Naxx and Malygos took us the longest because some of their achievements didn't click the first time, not only that Maly drops two mounts so one run was just strictly a mount run and then we had to do him again on the 10man.

oh and we did firelands to break the cycle because someone had to be that one guy who didn't want to do everything in Chronological order.

oh and the script command so the entire party gets whatever mount/legendary piece drops is amazing.

It's a real shame that live servers will never be this fun. Seriously MOP kinda sucks despite being the Asian expansion there's hardly any epic samurai stuff.

the create-a-vendor script also owns, you can make them sell anything at whatever price you wish.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 3, 2014

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008
i didnt know you could load custom maps. that's neat i guess

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So..........zombie event works.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i am impressed that ttr trolls imp zone effortlessly + more effectively than any aggressively gay offsite posters just by being himself

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i am impressed that ttr trolls imp zone effortlessly + more effectively than any aggressively gay offsite posters just by being himself

imp zone community so insular we would rather get trolled mildly by one of our own than severely by an outsider

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Heh wow people wanted to go to pandaria to get those raids and 5 mans out of the way because of how terrible they were. They were right, poo poo just felt like "yeah here's some more content because....reasons", nothing felt like it had a creative spark, and everything looked more soulless than some of the cataclysm raids.

The Pterodactyl mount is cool, but all that other poo poo like the Isles was all terrible grinding for mounts. And the world bosses while fun in concept really become not fun when you realize they originally did not reward everyone who participated a vanity item. Granted the triceratops and raptor mounts look very cool but they're bogged down with a ton of awful gameplay designs.

I think we broke two guys of their wow addictions. They kept talking about WOD and how it might return the series to it's former glory. But Bam we did the World Boss/Rare spawn hunt from TBC to Pandaria and one of the guys was just sitting there going "I camped TLPD for a whole week and I just saw 19 other people get theirs in an instant" he was in disbelief and had that glazed over thousand yard stare.

We beefed up the TLPD so it would be a world boss so it wouldn't die so easily, we also made it huge as poo poo. Honestly the way they work on the servers now it's nigh impossible without exploits from what I understand. I mean the rare spawn thing works good in theory and is somewhat interesting from a single player perspective if you're into lifelike waiting simulators. But they should put a timer on the corpse with a clickable node so whoever passes by the body can get the mount as loot. That way nobody is fighting over it and it can be a server effort to bring it down and have everyone benefit.

Hunters got their spirit beasts and poo poo, but nobody bothered to make extra room in their stables for all 100+ hunter pets to fit. it was an oversight.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

when i was briefly unemployed i looked into camping or farming some of the rarer mounts and it's poo poo. time lost proto and anything like it is awful now because cross realm zones mean youre competing against like 5x-10x as many people.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

when i was briefly unemployed i looked into camping or farming some of the rarer mounts and it's poo poo. time lost proto and anything like it is awful now because cross realm zones mean youre competing against like 5x-10x as many people.

Yeah I heard about the cross servers. They did it so dead realms would not appear dead. However one of the people that's here played on some custom Dalaran server and said on average the private custom servers are more active than the individual live servers now.

Not sure what the WoW server cap was before cross realms, but funneling everyone into a single spot was probably less than ideal.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dark Age of Camelot > WoW

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
MMO's are poo poo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Powercrazy posted:

MMO's are poo poo

Yes this is true.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Powercrazy posted:

MMO's are poo poo

the really sandboxey ones are cool on a conceptual level but I'm not sure any of them have actually succeeded in being good games in practice but Ultima Online

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I seriously can't read more than a few words of any of your posts in this forum, Reaper. You're insanely boring.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
What are doing with your life

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
hoyl poo poo louis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hello 911 please send a ambulance to my basement, i got taint reaped again!

• Locked thread