Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Couldn't find any obvious thread in a forum to ask about this, so thought it would belong here as much as anywhere.

I'm in the UK and run Unblock US to disguise that fact when I go to some sites that do online streaming. On my Apple TV (as well as other devices) I have channels for things like ESPN, however i need to go into a web browser on a cable line on Verizon, AT&T etc and type a validation code or log in with details in order for the apps to be activated and the streams work.

Anyone know if it's just a case of do it once and the service will work, or will it stop the owner of the cable line from being able to watch these channels on a similar device? Is there a service to pay a few $ to get someone to do this if none of my US friends want to give up their ability to watch ESPN etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

EL BROMANCE posted:

Couldn't find any obvious thread in a forum to ask about this, so thought it would belong here as much as anywhere.

I'm in the UK and run Unblock US to disguise that fact when I go to some sites that do online streaming. On my Apple TV (as well as other devices) I have channels for things like ESPN, however i need to go into a web browser on a cable line on Verizon, AT&T etc and type a validation code or log in with details in order for the apps to be activated and the streams work.

Anyone know if it's just a case of do it once and the service will work, or will it stop the owner of the cable line from being able to watch these channels on a similar device? Is there a service to pay a few $ to get someone to do this if none of my US friends want to give up their ability to watch ESPN etc?

I have yet to see a service that actually limits use to 1 user at a time, but there is usually a cap (varies based on the service). If it's a friend letting you use their login it should be fine (as it sounds like you're taking care of the "looking like you're in the US" part).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah good stuff. Turns out my friend only has cable internet and not TV so I don't think a lot of them will work but I'll find a way!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ah good stuff. Turns out my friend only has cable internet and not TV so I don't think a lot of them will work but I'll find a way!
Even if they have cable TV, the channel has to be part of their package, so theres that. Like I can't watch a lot of games on the ESPN app since I have poo poo-tier cable.

• Locked thread