Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Shinjobi posted:

KLK's second half was a loving mess.
It just seemed they were throwing ideas at a dartboard to animate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

I liked the horny mom

yea being a single mom and running a multi billion dollar international corporation had to be real stressful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

not to mention the stress on her back from haulin around those huge titties

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

not to mention the stress on her back from haulin around those huge titties

omg man her back wouldn't be strained she's made of loving life fibers

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

coathat posted:

He gave one of the girls big boobs because he got obsessed with the idea of those big titty mousepads and wanted one of a character he made.

who did

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I did.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Like right now there is basically nothing good coming out as far as I know except the gay biker boys show if you're not caught up on the manga.

Gundam build fighters is p good. This new one keeps making homages to G gundam, which is pretty great IMO.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I heard the Gundam Con Queso In G is good from my friend Tyler Gundam but im not as knowledgeable on GUndam as most though G is def. my favorite.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

omg man her back wouldn't be strained she's made of loving life fibers

gently caress you're right

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ragyos tits aren't that huge

and plus they are clearly supported

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I heard the Gundam Con Queso In G is good from my friend Tyler Gundam but im not as knowledgeable on GUndam as most though G is def. my favorite.

Sometimes reco looks like it might be good (someday), but so far its mediocre at best. The first few episodes has a brain damaged girl from space constantly crying "G! G!!! :qq:"

meanwhile gundam build fighters/try is a great show who's original villain is a lazy manchild

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Condiv posted:

The first few episodes has a brain damaged girl from space

so its a gundam written by tomino

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Mike Maddux posted:

Except that TTGL was pretty perfect

I liked Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, but perfect it was not.

TTGL first arc was good and possibly qualifies as excellent. Second arc was terrible. Third arc was below average unless it was making ever bigger robots. Ending was garbage and went completely against the themes of the entire rest of the show.

I also liked Kill la Kill, but it was a complete plot and story disaster. I liked it for some stylish, highly exaggerated characters with some occasionally excellent stylized animation. Beyond that, it was just okay.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

actually the ending was the best part of TTGL, the themes fit very well with the rest of the show, and people who don't like it are generally just mad Simon didn't get his waifu Nia-tan at the end

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The ending was perfect. Simon realised that he was just too awesome for this world and decided to let other people have awesome adventures by themselves rather than overshadow them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress Nia

vkeios
May 7, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

Simon didn't get his waifu Nia-tan at the end

please remember to put a trigger warning for zorak when you talk about that ending

Rexides posted:

The ending was perfect. Simon realised that he was just too awesome for this world and decided to let other people have awesome adventures by themselves rather than overshadow them.

actually, the show is about the newer generations overcoming and surpassing their elders; basically a big gently caress you dad, anime is a legit career choice

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Anime isn't my career anime is my life

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
killer the kills was a pretty cool show with some cool stuff in it, but I'd recommend you watch literally anything imashi has done besides it instead, they're all basically the same only better

this includes that one episode of metabots he directed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

gently caress Nia

zorak please leave

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darealkooky posted:

killer the kills was a pretty cool show with some cool stuff in it, but I'd recommend you watch literally anything imashi has done besides it instead, they're all basically the same only better

this includes that one episode of metabots he directed

agreed, but only because he did key animation work on neon genesis evangelion, because everyone should just be watching nge constantly.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i just finished panty and stocking, it was p good. It had a ren and stimpy episode and thats really all i want out of my animes

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
I haven't watched anime for ten years but I just marathoned all of Kill la Kill, and that was the most anime anime ever. The beginning had probably a bunch of the greatest animation I've ever seen, too bad that same level was only seen in the last couple of episodes again.

But the series had it all! Fighting, high-school girls, extra curricular clubs, peeping toms, giant robots, transformation levels, creepy lolita psycho, a mother figure arch-evil, betrayal, secret siblings, revenge, falsely told backstories of the characters pasts, the power of friendship, screaming, having a rival character, joining forces with past enemies, exchanging powers with the rival character, fanservice, special moves, special moves on top of special moves, absolutely everything. It's basically the same story told again and again, but they just keep on getting better at delivering it.

I'm pretty tired now, but it was fun. Kinda like visiting a childhood moment.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Kill la Kill is a pretty good show when it isn't taking itself seriously. The one dramatic moment I liked was when Nui came out of nowhere and pulled out the other half of the scissor, that poo poo owned.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

Hommando posted:

Kill la Kill is a pretty good show when it isn't taking itself seriously. The one dramatic moment I liked was when Nui came out of nowhere and pulled out the other half of the scissor, that poo poo owned.

This is true. I think it's kinda weird if a show with such a goofy setup starts to take itself too seriously and when the Nudist Beach-organization was revealed, I though everything was gonna go more and more balls to the walls. Like they would fight the clothing corporations for the love of nipples or something, but instead it's just your basic alien hassle with goofy names and terms.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrSunshine posted:

Someone once posted a mashup of Nonon's fight scene with Skrillex's Bangarang, months ago, in the now-defunct Kill la Kill thread. Would anyone happen to have saved it?

v- No, that wasn't it! -v

AnacondaHL posted:

I know the exact video you're thinking of, and I've found every video EXCEPT it.

this is from a few pages and days ago but do you mean this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9djq7seurcstzxh/RYUKO%20VS%20NONON%20FIGHT%20SCENE%20KILL%20LA%20KILL%20EP%2010.mp4?dl=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

That's the one I was thinking of. Thank you for unearthing this joyful stupidity again.

• Locked thread